The following are notes from the 1/14 Impact TV Tapings, the final night in Orlando:
* Bobby Lashley had a farewell following his loss to Brian Cage on the tapings, appearing to have finished up with Impact as it had been reported by multiple wrestling media outlets that Lashley’s contract with the company was expiring in the spring.
* NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis, Tim Storm and Dave Lagana were at the tapings earlier that afternoon filming content for the NWA’s YouTube channel as they had been promoting an Empty Arena Match at the Impact Zone between Storm and Joecphus in a continuation of their rivalry.
* Mario Bokara, who has worked with Impact for the last year, will be out of action for some time after undergoing surgery on a torn ACL and MCL earlier this month.
* International TV markets will still be airing the Barbed Wire Massacre 3 match between LAX and oVe on this week’s episode of Impact, including the Fight Network in Canada. Pop TV will not be airing the match on the broadcast due to its excessive violence and the match will instead air on Impact’s new channel on Twitch.
* There is said to be discussion of holding live events in California later this year, with the earliest timeframe to be around March.
* The move to change the name of the April PPV from Lockdown to Redemption was said to have been to allow Impact to not be pigeon-holed into the all-Steel Cage Match format that the Lockdown PPV historically was known for.
* Former legendary Stampede Wrestling performer Gamma Singh was backstage and it was announced that he had signed a deal with the company to help develop talent.
Excited to announce my official signing with @IMPACTWRESTLING. The wrestling world will soon see the next generation of Indian wrestlers and Champions under my tutelage. 🙏🏽 @IMPACTWRESTLING #ImpactWrestling #wrestling https://t.co/rQKvTczwQS
— Gama Singh (@GR8GamaSingh) January 15, 2018