Indy News Update #1 for July 11, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
PTW sent this in:
RESULTS – Power Trip Wrestling – “Brighter Than Diamonds” – Rushden, Northamptonshire – NEW PTW BRITISH CHAMPION! & much more!
A rather controversial afternoon, that saw a very real incident blow up with a small local wrestling promotion’s promoter who turned up looking for trouble; but we aren’t going to even justify mentioning the name of him or his promotion, as his immature antics do not deserve any more publicity than we have to give them. The PTW Office has literally gagged our very own Petey Player from making any comment about the situation. Due to legalities, we aren’t at liberty to go into details of the incident, but we are looking into our legal position to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. For those of you with a longer memory, it’s the same promotion and promoter who tried to get PTW’s involvement in the same event cancelled last year with false accusations. We’re being tactful right now… and it’s very out of character for us…but it’s proof once more that Power Trip Wrestling truly are ‘The Promotion That The Competition Doesn’t Want You To See’.
* Sean Midnight w/ Tracey Kilby defeated Jay Mustang to become the new PTW British Champion, and also to become Champion for a second time.
* Kieran McKenzie & Marcus Phayer defeated Steve Moore & Cy Gregory in an exciting tag team match up.
* Tommy Stevens w/Petey Player defeated Fracture The Clown. Prior to the match, Petey and Tommy dedicated the match to the memory of Trent Acid, and then Petey offered out literally anybody in the crowd or backstage, with a rather pointed “Come and have a go…if you think you’re hard enough”. This saw the challenge accepted by Fracture The Clown! Petey was conned into shaking hands with Fracture, who then spun him around, grabbed his arms; and clearly Petey’s parental skills must be lacking these days, as he was kicked below the belt by ‘The Most Dangerous Little Girl In Professional Wrestling’, his daughter Victoria; and then kicked in the backside from behind by his son Drewy! Fracture also used the ropes for leverage later on to plant both feet firmly into the chest of Petey, in a sickening thud that was heard yards away backstage. After Tommy Stevens won the match, a broken and bitter Petey demanded that he and Tommy lift Fracture up in the T-Gimmick, and once more sent a shout to the memory of Trent Acid.
* Ryan Louge & Shane Spiral defeated Max Angelus & Kaleb Hughes, in a fast paced tag team encounter.
* Vulture defeated ‘Big’ Tom Baines, in a very hard hitting match up with two larger than life wrestlers.
* PTW World Champion Snare defeated Cabbie Klowaski.
* In a wild and crazy Triple Threat match, Damian Dunne defeated Bagheera, and Pete Dunne.
* Dragonian defeated Kidd Pride.
* PTW World Champion Snare defeated Jimmy Havoc, in what many called the match of the afternoon.
* ‘Big’ Tom Baines won a 15 man battle royal, to send the crowd home happy.
PTW’s next show is ‘This Is Who We Are’, and is in Liverpool, on Saturday 31st July 2010, at Croxteth Sports Centre, Altcross Road, Liverpool, L11 0BS. Tickets are £7 adults, £5 children u-16/concession/oap, £20 family of four (two adults, two children). Call 07944 001424 to reserve tickets. The doors open at 2pm, and the show starts at 2.30pm.
Javier Gonzalez sent this in:
WWC Puerto Rico: Preview Matches Aniversario 2010 Ponce: Carlito, Primo Colon, Orlando Colon and others
Aniversario 2010 – Tradition and History
In a rematch match Carlito and Primo face Thunder and Lightning
In the final battle Ray Gonzalez face Orlando Colon
Noriega face BJ
In revenge match Chicano face Abbad
Chris Sokol sent this in:
PWF: International Invasion – Full Results
Saturday, July 10, 2010 @ Laconia High School in Laconia, NH
Ring Announcer: “The Original TNA Knockout” Traci Brooks
Referees: James Lee & Tony S
– The show opened with “Your Hero” Mike Magnum coming out and calling
on Kazarian to get to the ring for their match. Magnum, who didn’t
want wait for their scheduled bout goaded Kazarian in by grabbing
Brooks and threatening to take her out himself. Kazarian rushed the
ring, as Magnum took off. Kazarian picked on Magnum for a bit before
getting serious and telling him that by putting his hands on his wife,
their match was now personal.
Match 1: Kazarian defeated “Your Hero” Mike Magnum via pinfall
Match 2: “Hot Commodity” Julio Dinero w/ Miss Michelle defeated Christian Angers
Match 3: Smith “Big Game” James defeated Danny “Do It All” Doring and
Sab La Brada in a Three Way Dance when La Brada walked out on the
match and James hit Doring with a second rope splash. After the match,
Doring & James shook hands and went into the crowd to greet the fans.
– All the stars of the show came out at Intermission to meet and greet the fans.
– Following intermission Sab La Brada interrupted Guest Ring
Announcer, Traci Brooks and talked about how mad he was about the
Three Way Dance. He complained that the match was unfair and that by
walking out on it, he technically remained undefeated in the PWF. He
went on to say that he was issuing an Open Challenge and since nobody
in the back would take him up on it, he opened it to the fans. A fan
named Larry from Laconia, NH answered the challenge and the match was
Match 4: Larry The Fan defeated Sab La Brada via pin fall with the
Match 5: Taeler Hendrix defeated Kamaya via pin fall in a Women’s Match.
– “The German Hammer” Josef Von Schmidt came out before the Main Event
and made it clear to Jake Roberts that he was going to be the captain
of the team and to follow his lead.
Match 6: “The Monster” Abyss & Laconia’s Own, “Heart Attack” Tommy
Mack w/ Jennifer defeated Jake “The Snake” Roberts & “The German
Hammer” Josef Von Schmidt via pin fall after Von Schmidt and Roberts
got into an argument which resulted in Von Schmidt taking the DDT and
getting hit with a Frog Splash by Mack for the win.
Visit: www.pwfwrestlingnow.com for more info on the Power Wrestling Federation.
Donald Brower sent this in:
UPWA Summer Showdown 2010 Results
LA Tank and Djinn engage in a match of sheer brutality
The hottest wrestling promotion in the southeast returned to the National Guard Armory in Wilmington, NC when UPWA presented Summer Showdown 2010 on July 10th.
It was near standing room only as the town turned out to support the UPWA and the action packed card.
In the Main Event of the show, World Champion LA Tank and Carolinas Champion Djinn battled to a no contest. Both men attacked each other with a sheer brutality usually seen in nature.
Both men used tables, chairs and whatever was available to attack each other. After throwing each other through tables at various points in the match, the referee tried to regain order. After failing to get both men to listen, the referee had no choice but to call for the bell.
As a result of the chaotic nature of the match, the rematch that is scheduled for July 24th at the Brunswick County Brawl will now be a non-title Shallotte Street Fight.
The action was not over as once the bell rang, The Brower Empire stormed the ring. They pounced on a weakened Tank, who succumbed to the numbers game. The locker room emptied out and filled the ring for an impromptu Battle Royale with the winner allowed to face the champion of his choosing at the next show in Shallotte on July 24th. Velvet won and announced instead of a rematch for the Cruiserweight Title he wanted to face B.D. Productions for the Tag Team Titles.
In other action, Tavare Hill defeated “Tainted Luv” Daniel Messina. The match was a high paced match and Hill pulled out the victory in what fans were saying is a Match of the Year candidate.
2DXtreme defeated Christopher McKenzie in an impromptu non-title match. As a result of his win, 2Dxtreme will face McKenzie for the title on July 24th.
The Beasley’s defeated Tag Team Champions B.D. Productions via count out. After the match, Velvet attacked the duo for costing him his title earlier in the evening.
2Dxtreme defeated R. Live in a back and forth match.
Tommy Daniels defeated J. Live in a cruiserweight match.
In the opening contest, Christopher McKenzie defeated The Amazing Velvet to capture the Cruiserweight Title. The match was not without controversy as tag team champions and fellow Brower Empire members B.D. Productions attacked Velvet on the way to the ring. They tossed in beaten Velvet to McKenzie who pinned him to become the new champion.
UPWA heads to the Shallotte Armory on July 24th for Brunswick County Brawl 2010 with an action packed card headlined by the rematch of LA Tank and Djinn as well as B.D. Productions defending their titles against Velvet and Delicious. For more information visit www.theupwa.com