Indy News Update #1 for May 8, 2011
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
mp0082 sent this in:
1 WEEK AWAY!!!
FINAL PRESS RELEASE: Fan’s you demanded it, you got it with Tribute to the Fairgrounds Volume 2!! Come support the Fairgrounds as we pay tribute the Historic TN State Fairgrounds with LIVE Professional Wrestling Action and we are raising money for the Make a Wish Foundation!! Come support as every ticket sold counts!! Tell your friends, family, neighbors, strangers and co-workers!! Tickets are selling fast, VIP Ticket almost sold out, log onto www.sawfairgrounds.vze.com or call 724-355-3172 to secure your tickets NOW!!!
LIVE PRO WRESTLING “Tribute to the Fairgrounds Volume 2: Tag Team Warfare”
Fundraiser Benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Middle Tennessee
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Nashville Fairgrounds Sports Arena
625 Smith Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
Belltime: 7:30 PM – Doors: 6:30 PM
VIP Event Pre-Show: 5:30 – 6:30 PM
VIP Seating: $15 (Reserved Seating: Includes Special VIP Event w/ Commemorative Ticket)
General Admission: $10 (Bleacher Seating w/ Commemorative Ticket)
Sponsored by: Red Rooster Bar & Music, Snap Fitness, Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Hollywood Tans, Sports Clips, Salon Luxe, Brewsters Touch of Class Auto Sales
*The Official After Party at Red Rooster on Demonbreun Street in Music Row directly after the event!!
JUST ANNOUNCED: The son of WWE Hall of Famer “Boogie Woogie Man” Jimmy Valiant, THE “BOOGIE WOOGIE BOY” GARY VALIANT has been added to the Tribute to the Fairgrounds Volume 2 Event!!
American Idol Finalist and Nashville’s Own Jackie Wilson will be LIVE at the Tribute to the Fairgrounds Volume 2 to sing the National Anthem and sign autographs at the VIP Pre Show Event!!
-Main Event: The Biggest Tag Team Feud in Wrestling History Comes to a head May 14th!!
Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey & “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton) vs. Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)
-The Legendary “Dirty” Dutch Mantell has a special HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT for all the fans that will shock the wrestling world!!
-Tag Team Challenge Match
“Dangerous” Doug Gilbert & “Wildfire” Tommy Rich vs. Wolfie D & Former WWE Superstar/DX Member “Roaddog” BG James
-Former WWE Superstar Brian Christopher & Kevin White vs. Southern Comfort (Tracy Smothers & Chris Hamrick)
-Southern Heavyweight Champion Hammerjack will be in the house!
-Special Attraction Match
Former WWE/ECW Superstar “Simon Dean” Mike Bucci vs. Former WWE/WCW/ECW/TNA Superstar Jerry Lynn in his in ring Return!!
Diamonds in the Rough (Former TNA Superstar David Young & Sigmon) vs. The Maddox Brothers (“Goddess” Athena banned from the building!)
-Arrick “The Dragon” Andrews vs. Jocephus
For the VIP Tribute to the Fairgrounds ticket holders, you will be able to attend an autograph session with all the Legends and Superstars on hand that night before the doors open! Plus, you’ll get to see some exclusive Pre Show action!
The Beautiful Abriella vs. Former IWA Queen of the Death Match/Former TNA Superstar Mickie Knuckles
-Wrestling Seminar Tag Team Showcase Match
The top 4 Wrestler’s from the Seminar get to compete later that evening!
-Plus “King” Shane Williams, USWO Promoter Tony Falk, David Matthews and so much more!
Tickets are available now by visiting www.sawfairgrounds.vze.com, calling 724-355-3172 or available at the door! Purchase your Tickets in Advance before this HUGE HISTORY MAKING EVENT SELLS OUT!!!!
Don’t forget about the HUGE Wrestling Seminar Conducted by “Dirty” Dutch Mantell and Dennis Condrey before the show from 1-4pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details!
*Card Subject To Change*
PTW sent this in:
RESULTS & ROUND UP: Power Trip Wrestling, Sat 7th May 2011, “Anything You Can Do – We Can Do LOUDER”, Luton, Bedfordshire
Once more, the crazy world of ‘Professional Wrestling’s Answer To Reality Television’ (otherwise known as Power Trip Wrestling!), brought another show to their hometown of Luton; and another show where questions were answered, and answers brought forth more questions.
* The start of the show saw PTW’s constant changes and progression under promoter Hannah’s reign, take another twist, as the ring on the night was a six sided ring. We are informed here at the PTW Office, that PTW will be using this ring on a much more regular basis. ‘The Future of PTW’, PTW General Manager Drewy Staniforth & Hannah, came out to cheers, to welcome everyone to the show, and then as expected, the ego driven P.T. Player came to ringside with his PA, Princess Sophie. An argument entailed, and it has to be said that it was an argument that Hannah was winning, and the outcome was that P.T’s group ‘The Untouchables’ had injured Bagheera on the last show, and so Hannah had brought in international star Jonny Storm to counteract this; and that PTW World Champion ‘Teetotal’ Thomas Stevens would have to defend the title not once, but twice, and the first time would be in the opening match against Storm. P.T. Player had a lot to say about this, but chose to accept the situation, and thus began what would eventually become perhaps the biggest story of the evening…..
* PTW World Champion Thomas Stevens w/P.T. Player defeated Jonny Storm, to retain the title. Interference from P.T., and a strange level of tension between he and the champion, made this an even more curious affair than it already was. Player’s attempts at distraction, did lead to Thomas Stevens retaining the PTW World Title, but it also saw P.T. eat a punch, and a 619, from Jonny Storm, who rightfully felt he should have become the PTW World Champion on the night.
* In a match that left off from their previous high flying escapades and high risk action in Houghton Regis last month, Jason Skye defeated Josh Wall, in a match that had the fans jaw’s hitting the floor at the chances both men were willing to take physically in order to come out with the victory.
* In what PTW General Manager Drewy Staniforth said, would earn the victor a PTW Internet Title shot, Gabriel Myers won a ten man battle royal match, to do just that, and earn that right in the future.
* In a women’s match, Jordan E defeated Tiffany Wantsmore.
* In his PTW debut, Psycho Steve defeated former PTW World Tag Team Champion Mark Cross.
* In what was considered the ‘match of the night’, PTW World Tag Team Champions G & Del Rico w/P.T. Player & Princess Sophie defeated ‘Northern Impact’ – Lewy Paradise & Chris Hart w/PTW Promoter, Hannah. This was a wild no disqualification affair, which saw baking trays and kendo sticks come into the field of battle, and there were some vicious shots traded between all. P.T. Player was ducking and diving, and picking his shots, with a baking tray in hand, and despite Hannah’s constant attempts to physically chase him and stop him from interfering in the match up, on more than one occasion, he attacked both Paradise & Hart (but especially Hart), from behind, or when they literally could not defend themselves. One notable moment saw a disgusting blow with a wildly swung baking tray, from P.T., to the head of Chris Hart. In the end, it led to G & Del Rico’s taking the win and retaining the title; but by no means was the win convincing, and by no way at all, is this feud over. If anything, the issues between P.T Player and Chris Hart, guarantee it’s continuation for as long as all sides want it to.
* In the main event of the evening, PTW World Champion Thomas Stevens w/P.T. Player, defeated Tommy Martins. Clearly there were and are severe issues between Stevens, and Player, which has come has a shock to all at PTW, when considering that the two have always referred to their bond being as tight as brothers. All of this led to Tommy Stevens demanding P.T. Player stayed out of the match, and P.T. sat front row ringside with a pout on that had to be seen to be believed. A back, forth, match up, saw Thomas Stevens retain the title again, this time with his finisher, the MK Ultra, onto Tommy Martins; who ended the evening being helped to the back, and his neck being medically assessed due to the severity of the blow to it.
But then came the bang. Hannah took hold of the PTW World Title, and was looking to hand it to Thomas Stevens, as P.T. Player said he could make his choice there and then, stand by his brother, or accept her handing him the title, and he could “sell out 11 years of friendship and brotherhood”. Stevens snapped, and a very serious verbal tirade between the two followed, as he took the title belt from Hannah, and stood back and laughed as Hannah literally slapped P.T Player so hard, they heard it backstage, and pretty much all around the entire building. Yes, it was that hard! A literally stunned P.T.clearly was taken aback, through his best friend/brother turning to the good side of the company, and from the shock of such a heavy slap. Hannah suggested, as her and Player had words, that P.T. turned around, and behind him were Chris Hart, and Lewy Paradise, at which point P.T. did the most sensible thing he could do, and literally ran out of the venue, and into the car park; leaving the fans to celebrate that Hannah had made a huge dent into ‘The Untouchables’ by taking their centre piece away, the PTW World Champion, ‘Teetotal’ Thomas Stevens.
* And in breaking news, we have obtained the link to THIS footage, which sees an unapproved by Power Trip Wrestling, attack, on ‘Dynamite’ Chris Hart, in the car park, and it really doesn’t take a genius to guess who by, does it? We apologise for the violent content of this video, but feel much as we disapprove, it has to be shown to the public. Here is the link to the video : http://youtu.be/GtwDab9XxGY
* Also, don’t forget : It’s now up and live, wrestling fans around the world, so click the link below for the BBC I-Player, and fast forward to the 2hr 43 minute 25 seconds part to listen to the live interview from this morning, as Power Trip Wrestling took over the BBC 3CR radio studios, with P.T. Player and CJ Gunner, on Justin Dealey’s Breakfast Show! This link will be up for only seven days, so get your opportunity to listen now.
Details on the next PTW show will be very soon, and we have some huge announcements to make in regards to Power Trip Wrestling’s future.