Jason “JerseyViper” Namako passed this along.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for September 20th
– ROH “Death Before Dishonor IX” is officially history and Ring of Honor wants to thank everyone who attended and purchased the event on iPPV. We proved once again that ROH is the best wrestling company in the world and if you missed this historic event you can still watch it on GoFightLive at http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Ring_of_Honor___Death_Before_Dishonor_IX/1146! “Death Before Dishonor IX” produced multiple matches that will go down in his tory as all time classics and if you missed them, we strongly encourage you to purchase the replay. Your continued support is what motivates us to put out the high quality product that you see and we promise that as we enter the new TV era it will only get better.
– Congratulations to the All Night Express for coming out victorious over the Briscoe Brothers in Ladder War 3. Rhett Titus and Kenny King barely survived the dangers and brutality of the Ladder War but in the end it was all worth it. As the stipulation stated, ANX is now guaranteed a ROH World Tag Team title match in Chicago Ridge, IL on November 19th at “Glory by Honor X.” All four men abandoned their inhibitions and put it all on the line last Saturday night resulting in one of the most violent and risky matches in the history of ROH. All four competitors were treated by doctors in the locker room and had their work cut out for them. Titus suffered deep lacerations, a severe forearm contusion, a pulled h amstring, and dehydration. King has limited range of motion in his right shoulder along with severe bruising. Both Briscoe Brothers suffered deep lacerations and bruising while Mark has a cracked rib and Jay severely injured his wrist. It will take many weeks for all the physical wounds to fully heal but the mental wounds could easily last forever. The bad blood between ANX and the Briscoes will never end but last Saturday was certainly closure for Titus and King who look to be the number 1 tag team in Ring of Honor come November 19th.
– The first ever “Ringmaster Challenge” between Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong last Saturday was a true display of pure competition and fortitude. Both of these athletes embody what ROH stands for and fought with everything they had for 40 grueling minutes. Edwards was triumphant after pinning Strong in overtime and is now at the top of the championship contender list. “That was an unbelievably difficult match.” An exhausted Edwards said after the bout, “I overcame the challenge and because of that I know that I am the best and one day soon I will face my partner again. He has what I had and I want it back.”
– Eddie Edwards may want back what his partner has but they are still friends and one of the strongest units currently in Ring of Honor. Edwards and Davey Richards will team once again when we return to The Davis Arena in Louisville, KY on October 1st for our 2nd set of SBG TV Tapings! In a rematch of their battle at “Tag Team Turmoil 2011″ from Richmond in July, it will be The House of Truth, represented by Roderick Strong & “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin, against ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, The American Wolves! Just like we did in Chicago Ridge, IL with our debut tapings, Ring of Honor will present the absolute best professional wrestling available anywhere on the planet and in Louisville, it all starts with the be st tag team division in professional wrestling today! It goes down October 1st in Louisville, KY at The Davis Arena, you can get your tickets right here in the ROH Store: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=560!
– The 3-Way Elimination tag bout from “Death Before Dishonor IX” was a fast paced, death defying spectacle that must be seen to be believed. ROH has the best tag team division in all of professional wrestling and you can now add the Young Bucks to the top of the ranks as they were successful in this high energy contest against the Bravados and Future Shock. The Bucks impressed everyone last Saturday including Future Shock who in a sign of respect offered to shake the Bucks hands after the match but the Bucks refused and walked away!
– There were several issues before, during, and after “Death Before Dishonor IX” last Saturday that were obvious if you were in attendance or watching at home. ROH officials are currently debating on how to move forward and resolve the issues at hand.
– Congratulations to Andy “Right Leg” Ridge who earned a spot in the “2011 Survival of the Fittest” tournament by defeating Grizzly Redwood last Saturday at the “Death Before Dishonor IX” pre game show. Ridge is the first man to secure a qualifying match and you can expect more information on the “2011 Survival of the Fittest” very soon at ROHWrestling.com.
– Due to technical difficulties and a security issue, the ROH forum will continue to be offline. This has been done to protect our fans and friends’ computers from being compromised. We had a recent virus that has completely corrupted the forum provider and irreversible damage has been done.
– Ring of Honor officials are excited to announce our return to North Carolina and our first live event in the state of South Carolina. On Saturday, December 3rd will debut at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium (385 N. Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303) with a 7:30 PM belltime. On Sunday, December 4th we will present a special matinee event at the Greensboro Coliseum (1921 W. Lee Street, Greensboro, NC 27403) with a 4:00 pm belltime. Tickets for both events will go on sale Friday, October 7th at 10 AM EST at www.ticketmaster.com. Keep an eye on the Ring of Honor site for talent announcements, matches, and all the details in upcoming weeks. Don’t miss out on the best wrestling on the planet when ROH hits the Carolinas.
– Ring of Honor is excited for our return to The Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL on Sunday, November 6, 2011! It has been over a year since ROH visited the greater St. Louis area, and we are very excited to return to the area for a special Sunday afternoon matinee with a 4PM belltime. We know that Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly) will receive an ROH Tag Team title shot and we will announce more names and matches for this big event very soon. Tickets are on sale now right here at ROHWrestling.com.
– THIS SATURDAY the new Ring of Honor television program debuts across the Sinclair network of stations! We are on a mission to deliver true pro wrestling to the masses and we guarantee to feature the most athletic and physical pro wrestling bouts that you will see anywhere today. The ROH television show will be available through syndication and you can check out the list of stations here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/looking-for-ring-of-honor-on-sbg-networks/. If you’re local market does not carry the ROH television show then be sure to catch the entire program for FREE on ROHWrestling.com.