Indy News Update #3 for November 14, 2011
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Steven Ashe sent this in.
Saturday November 12 2011
EWLS – Extreme Wrestling League Show
Brooklin Community Centre
Guest Host / Ring Announcer: “EZE” Eric Cairnie
Jessy Jones Personal Ring Announcer: SST (Sportopian Shower Toy)
Referee: Jeremy Hogel
Results credit: Gordo for www.owie.ca
– Attendance was near capacity.
– Show ended the 2011 EWLS season and marked their 4th anniversary
– Show featured a mini tournament to crown the 1st ever EWLS Fighter’s Champion. All tournament matches fought under stipulations drawn by fans prior to each bout.
Show began with EWLS General Manager J. Tyler Smith introducing guest host “EZE” Eric Cairnie. He began talking about the night’s matches but was interrupted by the Sportopian Shower Toy who introduced the reigning EWLS Extreme Champion, “The King of Canada” Jessy Jones. Jones, accompanied also by Agent Lager, began running down the crowd and his challenger, Justin Sane. Soon enough Sane showed up and said a few words on his own behalf.
1. Fighter’s Championship Tournament 1st Round; Handcuff Match:
“Hardcore Hick” Eddie Osbourne w/ Tricky Nicky def “Surf’s Up” Johnny Wave to advance to the final [9 min]
2. Fighter’s Championship Tournament 1st Round; Submission Match:
“World Renowned” Steve Brown def Joey Kings with a sharpshooter to advance to the final [10 min]
– During the match, hooded manager Black Mask ran into the ring and attacked Kings while he had Brown in a sharpshooter. Kings released the hold but was unhurt by the attack. The ref was waving the match off but General Manager J. Tyler Smith came out and fired Black Mask. Special Enforcer Tommy Powers tossed a protesting Black Mask from the building and Smith ordered the match restarted. Brown won about a minute later.
3. Fighter’s Championship Tournament 1st Round; Falls Count Anywhere Match:
“The Sexiest Man in the World” Robbie Reckless def Buck Gunderson to advance to the final [9 min]
4. EWLS Superladies Championship:
“Mawmi Tsunami” Jodi D’Milo def “The Harlequin” Sabrina Kyle to win the title [5 min]
Sabrina Kyle suffered a concussion at the finish of this match and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
5. Fighter’s Championship Tournament Final; 3-Way TKO Elimination Match:
Robbie Reckless def Eddie Osbourne w/ Tricky Nicky and Steve Brown to become the 1st ever EWLS Fighter’s Champion [7 min]
– 2 minutes into the match General Manager J. Tyler Smith came out and fired Tricky Nicky.
Special Enforcer Tommy Powers tossed a protesting Nicky from the building.
About 30 seconds later Osbourne was eliminated by Brown with a chokeslam
Reckless knocked out Kings with a superkick to win the match.
6. EWLS Extreme Championship; Last Man Standing Match:
Special Referee: General Manager J. Tyler Smith w/ Special Enforcer Tommy Powers
“King of Canada” Jessy Jones w/ SST & Agent Lager def “Night Train” Justin Sane to retain the title [15 min]
Robbie Reckless ran out and superkicked Sane. Fans were shocked as J. Tyler Smith and Powers helped Reckless and Jessy’s troops handcuff Sane to the bottom rope and hold him down costing him the match. They continued to pound on Sane until Buck Gunderson and Johnny Wave ran out to make the save.
J. Tyler Smith told fans it was his plan to take over EWLS since becoming General Manager a year ago. Smith said his name was also Kyle Davenport and he’d already eliminated his competition by firing all the other EWLS managers. Promoter Daryl Extreme came in the ring to address Smith but was attacked and beaten before being forced to sign over control of the company to Smith who then announced this was the beginning of the Davenport Dynasty
EWLS returns to Brooklin with their 2012 Season opener in April