Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako passed this along.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for December 6th.
– We want to thank everyone who attended our “Battle In The Carolinas” events over the weekend in Spartanburg, SC and Greensboro, NC. Ring of Honor once again defined what professional wrestling is all about and the fans will be talking about both events for a long time. The All-Star 8 man Elimination Tag Match last Sunday at the Greensboro Coliseum Event Center went a total of 80 minutes and was non-stop from start to finish.
– Congratulations to ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal who was the last man standing in the Honor Rumble last Saturday at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium. With the victory, Lethal will receive a guaranteed shot at the ROH World Championship sometime in early 2012.
– Announced earlier today here, Kevin Steen vs. Steve Corino will go down at “Final Battle 2011”! It’s the first time Steen has officially been in Ring of Honor since “Final Battle 2010” when El Generico exiled him from the company, and now he fights for his ROH life once more. Steve Corino, on the other hand, fights to redeem himself for creating the monster that Steen has become over the last two years. “Final Battle” has been a monumental event in the career of both men the last two years, will 2011 prove to me just as memorable? Ticket can be purchased right here or go to GLF.TV to order the iPPV broadcast!
– The feud between the Briscoe Brothers and Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team heated up even more over the weekend. Both Spartanburg and Greensboro saw all four men tear into each other in some shape or form. There is no doubt that their upcoming Tag Team Title match at “Final Battle 2011” will be fueled by hostility and aggression.
-Speaking of the Briscoes, both Jay & Mark recently answered 10 Questions from the Ring of Honor Fans.
– Although unsuccessful over the weekend, both Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman continue to impress both fans and ROH officials alike. The ROH newcomers took two of the best teams in wrestling to the limit in Spartanburg and Greensboro and ROH officials have decided to add them to “Final Battle 2011” on December 23, 2011 live on iPPV from New York City!
– ROH World Champion Davey Richards returned home from Japan today and is expected to start his final phase of training with Team Richards in preparation for “Final Battle 2011.”
– Ring of Honor returns to The National Guard Armory located at 2700 Southampton Road in Philadelphia, PA on January 20, 2012 for “The Homecoming 2012.” Tickets will go on-sale at www.ticketalternative.com on Saturday December 10th for the general public, but if you’re a Ringside Member here at ROHWrestling.com, then there will be a special pre-sale for you starting Thursday December 8th! Make sure you keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com for more information on talent announcements and match-ups as it becomes available.
– Now available for immediate viewing on ROHWrestling.com, the latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” can be seen by all Ringside Members right now. This episode features The Young Buck vs. Future Shock in an encounter that displays just why ROH is the home for true tag team wrestling! Also “The Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa in action and the Kevin Steen saga comes to a head he, Steve Corino, and Jim Cornette come face-to-face in the center of the ring.
– In DVD news, “Roderick Strong: Messiah of the Backbreaker” will be available in a 2-Disc DVD set next week at ROHWrestling.com! Featuring 18 of his best matches from 2005-2008, this is your chance to own a collection of the battles that molded Strong into a World Champion. Contained within these 2 discs are bouts against James Gibson, Matt Hardy, Davey Richards, Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries, and more, as well as Roderick’s debut match for ROH. Keep an eye here at ROHWrestling.com for a special promotion we’ll be running in conjunction with this release.