Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako passed this along.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for December 8th.
– “Final Battle 2011” is approaching fast and it’s clear that it will go down in the history books as one of the biggest Ring of Honor events of all time! “Final Battle 2011” takes place on Friday, December 23rd, 2011 from the Manhattan Center (Hammerstein Ballroom) in New York City and it will all air live on iPPV through GoFightLive! Richards/Edwards III will headline this extraordinary night and promises to be a classic. In combat sports it seems as though all great rivalries are summed up by trilogies and this situation is no different. The last time these two men battled, they put on a fighting clinic and many people called it the match of the year. This time “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards walks into the bout as the challenger and Davey Richards walks in as reigning ROH World Champion. Recently, Edwards has been using all of the new techniques taught to him by his trainer Dan “The Beast” Severn. Edwards has specifically been successful with the dragon sleeper by using that move to make both El Generico and Roderick Strong submit last weekend in the Carolinas. Edwards will be going into “Final Battle 2011” with a tremendous amount of momentum as he wrestled the entire 80 minutes and was the sole survivor in the historic 8-Man All-Star Elimination Match last Sunday in Greensboro. Edwards has the heart and drive of a true champion and it is truly anybodies guess who will win the rubber match. Tickets can be bought right here or get it live on iPPV through GoFightLive!
– Announced yesterday, at “Final Battle 2011” on Friday night December 23rd from The Hammerstein Ballroom, fans will see the best tag team wrestling in the world showcased in a Tag Team Gauntlet match featuring ANX vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados vs. The Young Bucks vs. Coleman & Alexander with a future tag title opportunity at stake! All five teams will randomly draw a number. The first two teams selected will begin the match and once a team is eliminated they will be replaced by another team. The last team standing will be named the winner and earn a future ROH Tag Team title shot.
– Lancelot and Harlem Bravado remain on thin ice here in Ring of Honor solely based on their win/loss record. The Bravado’s are consistently featured on ROH events, however they have been highly unsuccessful. Last Saturday in Spartanburg, SC the Bravados were barely able to get the victory in a match with the debuting Los Ben Dejos. The brothers tainted win last Saturday may have bought them a little more time but last Sunday in Greensboro the Bravados were beat up by a one legged man. Before their match with ANX, the Young Bucks ran out attacking ANX causing Rhett Titus to suffer a severe knee injury. The refs and officials ordered Titus to the locker room to get checked on while Kenny challenged both Bravados to a 2-on-1 match. Eventually, Rhett Titus valiantly returned to the match by hobbling back out on one leg and was able to clean up on Lancelot and Harlem despite the injury. ANX got the win and it is expected that if the Bravado’s don’t impress at “Final Battle 2011” in the Tag Team Gauntlet it may result in an extended hiatus for the Bravados in order to make room for better competition.
– A very interesting name has contacted ROH officials requesting an opportunity to break the undefeated streak of The Embassy’s “Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa. ROH officials have listened to that request and are in the process of finalizing the terms and conditions.
– Jimmy Jacobs is now an officially licensed referee under the New York State Athletic Commission (SAC). Jacobs is completely qualified for “Final Battle 2011” and recently participated in training seminars for referees, judges, and inspectors provided by the SAC.
– ROH officials are in the process of setting up Championship matches for early 2012 to the individuals who are entitled to those opportunities. “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin is guaranteed a future ROH World title shot as a result of winning the 2011 “Survival of the Fittest” and Jay Lethal is also guaranteed a ROH World title shot based off winning the Honor Rumble last week in Spartanburg, SC. We also know that Roderick Strong has a definite ROH TV title match in his future since he lasted the time limit in the “Proving Ground” at “Glory By Honor X.”
– We just posted several new sale offers in the ROH Online Store. First, all in stock Ring of Honor DVD’s from 2005-2008 are only $5 each. Second, all Straight Shootin’ & Secrets of the Ring titles are on sale for only $2 each. Finally, all clearance T-Shirts are on sale for $9.99 each and clearance hats for only $5.99 each. Don’t forget that Ringside Members get an additional 15% off these prices. These prices are in effect throughout the weekend or while supplies.
– The latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is now available online for GA members right here and it’s absolutely FREE! This episode features The Young Buck vs. Future Shock in an encounter that displays just why ROH is the home for true tag team wrestling! Also “The Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa in action and the Kevin Steen saga comes to a head he, Steve Corino, and Jim Cornette come face-to-face in the center of the ring.
– This week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” you will see the All Night Express step into the “Proving Ground” against ROH World Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. If ANX win or last the time limit then they are guaranteed a future tile shot in early 2012. This episode also features Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander taking on the Bravados, TJ Perkins battles the “Psychedelic Superstar” Chris Silvio, and much more.
– For the first time in almost 8 years, Ring of Honor will be returning to the great state of Maryland on Saturday night, January 7, 2012 at the Du Burns Arena in the heart of Baltimore, MD for a huge television taping! Check back next week for talent announcements and more info regarding our first SBG TV Taping of 2012!
– Don’t forget, tickets for Ring of Honor’s highly anticipated return to Philadelphia for “The Homecoming 2012” go on sale THIS WEEKEND! They will be available at www.ticketalternative.com on Saturday, December 10th for the general public, but if you’re a Ringside Member here at ROHWrestling.com, then there will be a special pre-sale for you that started today, Thursday December 8th!
– And in other live event news, tickets for ROH’s debut at the Norfolk Scope Exhibition Hall in Norfolk, VA on January 21st are now available right here at ROHWrestling.com. As an added bonus, there is no ticket fee on all tickets purchased at ROHWrestling.com or at the box office on the day of the event.