Before the show started, it was announced that the next TV Taping in Baltimore will be on 9/22, but it will be the final TV Taping of 2012.
Dark Match: Alabama Attitude defeated the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
1. Women of Honor: “The Queen of Wrestling” Sara Del Rey defeated “Princess” Mia Yim with an Axe Kick.
– After the match, Maria & Mike Bennett attacked Del Rey until Eddie Edwards ran in to make the save.
– Truth Martini comes out and calls out Jim Cornette, saying Cornette should allow his House of Truth to take out S.C.U.M. Eddie Edwards comes out and says he should be the #1 contender to the World Title. Cornette says that Edwards will face Rhino in an Anything Goes match right now and the winner will face Kevin Steen for the World Title at “Death before Dishonor X” on September 15th, so this leads to……
2. #1 Contenders, Anything Goes Match: “The Man Beast” Rhino w/Truth Martini defeated “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards via ref stoppage after a Gore through a table to become the #1 contender to the ROH World Title.
3. ROH World Title: “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen (c) w/”The Zombie Princess” Jimmy Jacobs defeated “The Notorious 187” Homicide to retain the title after a low blow and the F-Cinq.
– After the match, Rhino comes out to pose on the entrance way to end the episode.
1. ROH Tag Tournament 1st Round Match: The C & C Wrestle Factory (Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander) defeated The Young Bucks with Overtime to advance in the tournament.
– Charlie Haas comes out and calls out Jim Cornette, saying he and Shelton Benjamin should be the Tag Champions. Rhett Titus comes out and he & Haas proceed to enter the tournament together as partners. They both say that when they win the tournament, they will face each other for the Tag Titles.
2. QT Marshall defeated Tadarius Thomas with an Alabama Slam.
3. #1 Contenders, 6 Man Mayhem Match: “No Fear” Mike Mondo defeated Jay Lethal, “Technical Lightning” T.J. Perkins, “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett, “The Sicilian Psychopath” Tomasso Ciampa & Roderick Strong after pinning Bennett with a Double Arm DDT to earn a ROH TV Title match at “Death Before Dishonor X”.
– Before the 1st match, Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs come out and say they will enter as the final team in the ROH Tag Tournament. However, Jim Cornette told them that they must win out or they will have to leave ROH. This leads to…..
1. ROH Tag Tournament 1st Round: “The King of Old School” Steve Corino & “The Zombie Princess” Jimmy Jacobs defeated The Bravados to advance in the tournament.
– After the match, The Guardians of Truth run in and attack Corino & Jacobs until Kevin Steen makes the save. Then, Rhino runs in and lays out Steen with the Gore.
2. Matt Taven vs. Jay Lethal goes to a No Contest.
– Before the match, Lethal says he talked to Cornette about a World Title shot, but Cornette said no because Lethal does not have a “killer instinct”. Lethal then low blows Taven and gives the referee the Lethal Injection.
3. ROH Tag Tournament 1st Round: “The Outlaw” Charlie Haas & Rhett Titus defeated The Guardians of Truth w/Truth Martini to advance in the tournament.
– After the match, Corino & Jacobs come out and attack the Guardians of Truth.
1. ROH Tag Tournament 1st Round: #DemBoys The Briscoes defeated BLK OUT (Jeez & Ruckus) to advance in the tournament after the Froggy Bow by Mark on Ruckus.
2. “Rock & Roll” Mike Sydal defeated “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett by count-out after Mike Mondo came out, kissed Maria, and Bennett chased Mondo to the back.
3. “The Sicilian Psychopath” Tomasso Ciampa defeated Mike Posey.
– R.D. Evans was on commentary for this match, but afterwards, was attacked by Prince Nana until Ciampa chased Nana to the back.
4. ROH TV Title: Adam Cole (c) vs. “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin w/Truth Martini goes to a No Contest.
– Cole knocks out the referee accidentally after being Buckle bombed by Elgin. S.C.U.M. comes out and attacks the Guardians of Truth, who were at ringside. Rhino then comes out and brawls with Steen. Roderick Strong, who was also at ringside and trying to help Elgin during the match, then gets in Elgin’s face to close the taping.
Bonus Match: The D-Line & DJ Christoff defeated The House of Truth
Thanks to PWPonderings for the results.