The following transpired during New Japan Pro Wrestling’s three “Destruction” iPPVs during the month of September:
* Tetsuya Naito def. Michael Elgin to become the new IWGP Intercontinental Champion.
* BUSHI of Los Ingobernables de Japon def. KUSHIDA to become the new IWGP Jr. Champion.
* Despite a slew of injuries, NEVER Champion Katsuyori Shibata retained the NEVER Title over Bobby Fish of reDRagon.
* New ROH Champion Adam Cole retained the ROH Title over Best of the Super Juniors winner Will Ospreay of CHAOS.
* G-1 Climax 26 winner Kenny Omega retained his Tokyo Dome title shot over YOSHI-HASHI of CHAOS.
* In a battle of the tag divisions, IWGP Tag Team Champions The Briscoes retained their titles over Jr. Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks.
* After Matt Sydal could not make the Destruction tour due to issues at the border, the NEVER 6-Man Tag Titles were held up that was held by Sydal, Ricochet and Satoshi Kojima. Kojima, Ricochet and David Finlay Jr., who recently graduated from being a young lion, defeated Adam Cole and The Young Bucks to become the new NEVER 6-Man Tag Champions.
* After weeks of asking fans if Captain New Japan should or shouldn’t be in the Hunter Club, Yoshitatsu saw himself be turned on by Captain New Japan, who joined Bullet Club and is now known as Bone Soldier.