Wrestleview - Wrestling news and results from WWE, TNA, ROH, Raw

Wrestleview.com - WWE News and rumors, TNA News & Wrestling information Archive

ASK WV (5/25/03): Sharpshooter, Goldberg, KOTR, HHH, WWWF, & More

Reported by Paul Nemer of WrestleView.com
On Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 3:20 PM EST

Note: Please do not send your questions to webmaster@wrestleview.com. To send questions for the ASK WV section, send them to askwv@wrestleview.com

The following questions were answered by Paul Nemer. Ryan Droste contributed on the WWWF, WWF, WWE question.



Which year was it WWWF, then WWF and WWE?

World Wide Wrestling Federation (April 1963 - March 1979)
World Wrestling Federation (March 1979 - May 2002)
World Wrestling Entertainment (May 2002 - now)


I was just doing the WV trivia and one of the questions was which federation tag titles the Dudley's had never held. I put down WCW, and the answer was AWA. I used to watch WCW regularly, and I never remember seeing the Dudley's in there. Did they wrestle under different name at the time?

That was a very tricky question. The Dudley Boyz were not in WCW, although they held the WCW tag team titles while being in the WWE. Remember when the WCW tag titles were active in the WWE in mid 2001? Dudley Boyz defeated The Hardyz to win those titles.


I wanted to know who came up with the sharpshooter first? Sting or Bret Hart.

Sting actually started using the move before Bret Hart. Neither men invented the move, they just made it famous, maybe Bret made it more famous than Sting, it's debatable.


How old is Sable?

She is 35, turning 36 on August 8th.


Who was The Black Scorpion who had a feud with Sting?

The Black Scorpion was played by Al Perez. Although there was a time where Sting beat The Black Scorpion in a match, then another one came dressed as him. The other Black Scorpion was eventually revealed as Ric Flair.


What was Bill Goldberg's Record streak in WCW?

I believe it was 173-0.


How many single-match losses did Goldberg have in his WCW days?

Goldberg suffered six (6) official losses in his WCW career in singles matches. Three of those losses were against Bret "Hitman" Hart. Including an un-official loss when Bret made his own three count which makes 4 losses.

Here are his losses in order:

December 27, 1998 (Starrcade)
>> Kevin Nash defeated Bill Goldberg tin win World Title.

October 25, 1999
>> Bret Hart pinned Bill Goldberg to win the U.S. Title

December 19, 1999 (Starrcade)
>> Bret Hart defeated Bill Goldberg

December 20, 1999
>> Bret Hart defeated Bill Goldberg

July 24, 2000
>> Booker T pinned Bill Goldberg

September 17, 2000 (Fall Brawl)
>> Scott Steiner defeated Bill Goldberg


I have a $100 dollar bet with my friend that needs to be settled, and we agreed to do it this way. My friend seems to think that Jim Hellwig, aka. The Ultimate Warrior, wrestled in WCW under the name "The Renegade" I disagree. I say that they were two completely different people. Who is right?

Many people somehow still ask me this question. First of all I want half of that money j/k :) The Ultimate Warrior was not The Renegade. They are completely two different people. Sadly, The Renegade passed away two or three of years ago.


Why has King Of The Ring been replaced with Bad Blood? Will they have it later this year on a different month?

It's because they want to have PPVs for each brand (RAW and SmackDown). Since the King of the Ring was the least biggest PPV out of the top 4 (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series) they decided to remove it. They kept PPVs like Backlash, Judgment Day, etc, because those are not "large PPVs" if you know what I mean and they would fit perfectly for a single brand PPV. To answer your question, The King of the Ring is no more. Personally, I think it was a dumb idea to remove the KOTR PPV, but it's the WWE, it's not the first stupid decision they've ever made.


Why was the 10 man tag team match at Wrestlemania X cancelled and who was supposed to be involved?

It was cancelled due to time constraints. Although the match took place the following night on RAW.

The Headshrinkers, Rick Martel, Jeff Jarrett, & IRS (Irwin R. Schyster)
defeated
1-2-3 Kid, Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly, Smoking Gunns & Tatanka


You said that Triple H was held back because of the MSG incident. How was he held back?

Triple H was scripted to win the 1996 King of the Ring PPV, but because of that infamous "Clique incident" he was held back. That year, Triple H was unscripted from winning the KOTR PPV and Steve Austin won it. Not that it's a bad thing, we saw the birth of Austin 3:16. Another part of his punishment was he would do many jobs.

----> ASK WV Archives!