Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Sunday, July 27, 2003 at 10:55 PM EST
- This match took place on Sunday Night Heat prior to WWE Vengeance on Pay Per View:Ultimo Dragon vs. Chris Kanyon
Winner: Ultimo Dragon
The match ended when Dragon grabbed Kanyon by the head, flipped up over his shoulder and came back down connecting with a reverse DDT to get the pin.
Full WWE Vengeance PPV (SmackDown Brand) Results - 7/27/03
Location: Denver, Colorado
Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
WWE UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT - FINALS MATCH
Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit
Winner & NEW WWE US Champion: Eddie Guerrero
- The match ended when Eddie Guerrero connected with the Frog Splash off the top rope to get the win. Rhyno interfered in the match and gave Benoit a big Gore to lay him out for Guerrero. Overall, just a great match and will probably be the best match of the night.
INDECENT PROPOSAL MATCH (IF NOBLE WINS, HE GETS TO SLEEP WITH TORRIE)
Billy Gunn w/ Torrie Wilson vs. Jamie Noble
Winner: Jamie Noble
- Noble got the win when he shoved Billy Gunn into Torrie who was on the ring apron and then rolled him up, holding on to the tights for the win. It should be noted that Nidia was also at ringside and she was trying to help Gunn win the match. So, I guess Noble will get to "sleep" with Torrie on SmackDown this week.
1ST-EVER ANNUAL APA BARROOM BRAWL
APA (Faarooq & Bradshaw) vs. The Easter Bunny vs. Doink the Clown vs. Brooklyn Brawler vs. Brother Love vs. Sean O' Haire vs. Matt Hardy w/ Shannon Moore vs. The Basham Brothers vs. Brian "Spanky" Kendrick vs. The Conquistadores vs. The FBI
- A very confusing match to watch as it looked like the person was eliminated whenever they took a bump from an object or anywhere in the setup saloon. Mostly done for pure comedy. Bradshaw was declared the winner when he was the last man standing after he knocked out Brother Love with a bottle.
WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The World's Greatest Tag Team (c's) vs. Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman
Winners & STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: The World's Greatest Tag Team (Haas & Benjamin)
- The match ended when Charlie Haas put Rey Mysterio on his shoulders and Shelton Benjamin hit a big clothesline off the top rope for the win. Although I previously stated Guerrero vs. Benoit was the match of the night, this match far surpassed it. Some highlights of the match saw Mysterio hit a big huracanrana off the top rope and a Shooting Star Press to the outside by Kidman.
NO COUNT OUT STIPULATION
Stephanie McMahon vs. Sable
- The match ended when Stephanie tried to take off Sable's top but referee Brian Hebner attending to Sable to make sure "nothing was exposed." As the referee was distracted, A-Train ran into the ring and took out Stephanie with a big clothesline, allowing Sable to get the pin.
The Undertaker vs. John Cena
Winner: The Undertaker
- The match ended when John Cena hit the FU on The Undertaker but 'Taker kicked out barely and hit the Last Ride on Cena for the win.
Vince McMahon vs. Zach Gowen
Winner: Vince McMahon
- The match ended when Vince McMahon got a steel chair but referee Brian Hebner tried to stop Mr. McMahon. Hebner got pushed out of the ring for his troubles but Gowen ended up using the chair against Vince, busting him open big time in the process (Vince bladed very deep to the point that blood was literally pouring). Gowen then went up to the top rope and attempted a twisting moonsault but he missed it and McMahon made the cover for the win.
Vince left the ring still bleeding pretty bad. Gowen got a standing ovation from the crowd in Denver.
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show
Winner & NEW WWE Champion: Kurt Angle
- The match ended when Kurt Angle gave both Big Show and Brock Lesnar the Angle Slam and pinned Brock Lesnar CLEAN to become the NEW WWE Champion, something surprising and unexpected (but not in a bad way).