Full NWA TNA PPV Results - 10/15/03 (Jeff Jarrett takes out Russo + more)
» On Thursday, October 16, 2003 at 12:46 AM EST
Full NWA TNA PPV Results - 10/15/03
Location: Nashville, TN
Commentators: Mike Tenay & Don West
Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The show started with a recap of last week.
- Mike Tenay and Don West introduced the show at ringside. Tenay and West showed newspaper clippings of Hulk Hogan's return to Japan and promised to show video footage of Jeff Jarrett attacking him later tonight.
- Scott Hudson was shown outside when Raven walked by with James Mitchell all in chains. Raven dragged Mitchell into the arena. Raven had the some of the chain around Mitchell's neck and tried to hang him. Slash and Vampiro hit the ring, beating up on Raven. Vampiro put Raven on a table and Slash gave him a big elbow drop with a chain on his elbow, smashing the table. CM Punk and Julio Dinero hit the ring to help Raven.
- Backstage, Scott Hudson interviewed Vince Russo, AJ Styles, Trinity, Ekmo, Sonny Siaki and Legend. Russo noted that he wouldn't be in the big six man tag team match tonight because he had some business to take care of so Legend would be taking his place. Styles told Russo not to do anything stupid.
- America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm) & Dusty Rhodes defeated Sonny Siaki, Legend & Ekmo when AMW hit the Death Sentence on Legend for the win.
- Shane Douglas cut another promo discussing possible franchise recruits.
- Michael Shane defeated Christopher Daniels to retain the X Division Title when Shane hit the superkick for the win. After the match, Daniels' "followers" beat up on Shane. Chris Sabin hit the ring and started beating down Shane. Sabin and Daniels also had a stare down. Shane Douglas was spotted looking at the match.
- A promo for the big November 30th Pay Per View is shown.
- Hulk Hogan/Japan Footage: Footage of Hulk Hogan was shown in Tokyo, Japan this past week. The showed clips of Hogan's match against Masahiro Chono. After the match, Hogan was shown talking with the Japanese media, saying he had unfinished business in America. Hogan said he had never won the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Jarrett then broke it up by smashing his guitar over Hogan and attacking Jimmy Hart as well.
Jeff Jarrett then came down to the ring to have an interview with Mike Tenay. Jarrett said the only reason he wasn't the champ was because of Vince Russo, not AJ Styles. Jarrett said Russo kept him from getting a title shot for a long time, but now he's got one next week. The fans then started to chant Hogan's name. Jarrett called Hogan a son of a bitch, saying Hogan wouldn't take his spot and that they have never seen eye to eye. Tenay brought up the WCW Bash at the Beach 2000 incident. Jarrett told Tenay to quote "never go there again." Vince Russo then charged the ring and started attacking Jarrett. Russo beat on Jarrett on the outside until Jarrett fought back and destroyed him. Jarrett chained up Russo and continued to hit him with a steel chair. Ekmo and Siaki hit the ring and backed Jarrett off. Styles stood in the middle of the ring staring down Jarrett.
- Kevin Northcutt (w/ Ryan Wilson) defeated Erik Watts when Northcutt hit Watts with a chain for the win. After the match, Northcutt and Wilson attacked Watts. Don Harris ran out and made the save. Goldylocks made her TNA return, running out to come check on Watts.
Sonjay Dutt & Eric Young defeated Jerrell Clark & El Fuego when Dutt hit Fuego with a big Hindu Press.
- Danny Doring & Roadkill defeated Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger in a Non-Title Match when Doring did a suprise roll-up pin on Swinger for the win.
- Backstage, Scott Hudson interviewed Raven. Raven thanked The Gathering for all their help, but said he wanted to do everything alone tonight.
- Abyss defeated Kid Kash when Abyss hit the Black Hole for the pin. After the match, Kash threw powder in Abyss' face but Abyss fought back, putting Kash in a torture rack.
- Backstage, Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger were upset for losing earlier. They said next week they would face Danny Doring & Roadkill in a re-match with the NWA World Tag Team Titles on the line. They also announced they had a special team picked out to take out America's Most Wanted.
- Slash & Vampiro (w/ James Mitchell) defeated CM Punk & Julio Dinero when Vampiro hit the Nail in the Coffin on Dinero for the pin. After the match, Raven ran out and beat on Slash and Vampiro. Raven chased after Mitchell unsuccessfully.
- Mike Tenay and Don West then hyped next week's show as being the night of title defenses. They also hyped the big November 30th Pay Per View, noting that it would be their biggest event yet.
- Jimmy Hart did a phone-in interview and said that Jeff Jarrett was in trouble. Hart said Jarrett started it with Hogan and now Hogan is coming to get him. Hart said Hogan could show up at anytime and told Jarrett to be ready. Jarrett then ran down to the ring, saying he would win the NWA World Title next week. Jarrett said Hogan was not his concern since he just kicked Russo out and that Hogan won't stand in his way either. AJ Styles ran out and attacked Jarrett. The ring filled with security to break up the fight.
MATCHES SIGNED FOR NEXT WEEK:
Credit: Dave Meltzer @ WrestlingObserver.com