Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
On Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 1:21 PM EST
James F. sent this in:
Pro Wrestling Unplugged Presents "Haunted"
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Doors Open: 2:00pm - Belltime: 2:30pm
New Alhambra Arena (Former ECW Arena)
7 Ritner Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Pro Wrestling Unplugged returns home to the most infamous bingo hall in the world as we present "Haunted".
Last month, one of the best moments in the history of the promotion turned sour as former PWU Commissioner Stephanie Flash brought the ghosts of PWU's past back home to haunt current PWU World Champion "The Fabulous" John McChesney & PWU Owner Tod Gordon. Adam Flash, the SAT, & Johnny Kashmere viciously assaulted Gordon & sent him to the hospital. Days later, the challenge was issued & accepted. As Tod recovers from the savage beating, we have learned the following matches will take place on Saturday, March 15.
SIX MAN TAG TEAM WAR:
Team Flash (Adam Flash & the SAT) vs. Team Gordon (???)
Since our former Commissioner is so fond of surprises, Team Flash's opponents will NOT be announced until the show. The winning team of this match will go into Cuffed & Caged in April with the advantage in the cage match.
WOMEN'S TAG TEAM ACTION:
PWU Women's Champion "PrymeTyme" Amy Lee will team with the #1 Contender to the Women's Title, Mercedez Martinez. These two women have a controversial past & have no love lost for each other, but both also share a mutual respect. They're teaming up to take on the two women who beat down Mercedes Martinez after the 3 way dance last month; Cindy Rogers & Sara Del Ray. Can Amy & Mercedes function as a cohesive unit, or will their rivalry get the better of them?
PWU WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP:
All Money is Legal (C) vs. The New Jersey Allstars vs. The Best Around
Thanks to a double pin during the match between the Allstars & TBA last month, both teams are getting a shot against AMIL for the PWU Tag Team Championship. We've seen AMIL pull out all the stops to retain the titles against the Bosom Buddies in recent months. Will they be just as ruthless against the best tag teams from New Jersey & Canada? And more importantly, will the Bosom Buddies be out for revenge? They cannot challenge for the tag team titles until they are off the waists of AMIL.
THE RETURN OF THE AMAZING RED!!!
After sustaining a career threatening injury many months ago, THE AMAZING RED returns to Philadelphia for PWU on March 15th.
Ticket Outlets For New Alhambra Events:
Ontario Street Comics
2235 Ontario Street
Or you can buy them at the door the day of the show.
Donald Brower sent this in:
The fastest growing wrestling promotion in the southeast invaded the National Guard Armory in Wilmington North Carolina with a standing room crowd when UPWA rolled into town on March 1st. In a double Main Event, first UPWA Heavyweight Champion Playboy Marcus Shields def. Mike Devine to retain the title via pinfall. Shields original opponent Scotty Saber was attacked in downtown Wilmington Friday night. Shields hrew out an open challenge and Devine answered. In the other Main Event, UPWA Carolina's Champion Dr. Luv and Drake Diamond def the Dawsons via pinfall. In other action, 2DX def. UPWA Cruiserweight Champion Christopher Shane in a non title match. LA Tank def. Pete Nixon in a bloody last man standing match. Tank bodyslammed Nixon on the concrete and Nixon couldn't answer the 10 count. Mike Devine def. Sabertooth by pinfall in an impromptu match. DRS Inc, was doing an interview about losing the tag team titles. Tank blamed Donald Brower but Devine blamed Sabertooth, calling him out for the match. In the opening contest, Night Breed def. Eric Evans. UPWA returns to the armory on April 5th with an action packed card and the return of The Destroyer. For more information visit http://www.theupwa.com
Devin Cutting sent this in:
Pure Wrestling Association
Saturday, March 1st, 2008
Grand River Flea Market
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
EZE defeated Lucha Sport #2 by pinfall to earn a shot at the Pure Wrestling championship.
Josh Alexander defeated Corey Mason by pinfall.
Jessy Jones defeated Twitch & Joey Allen. The match ended when Jones pinned Twitch.
Lak Siddartha defeated Lance Malibu by pinfall. Jessy Jones tried toattack Malibu so that Siddartha would be disqualified, but Malibu chased Jones away.
Logan Savage defeated Mike Rollins by pinfall. Paul Wright interfered throughout the match.
Steve Brown defeated Paul Wright by pinfall. Logan Savage tried to interfere, but the referee ejected him from ringside. After the match, Sabrina Kyle attacked Wright.
EZE defeated Pure Wrestling champion Eddie Osbourne by
disqualification. Osbourne was disqualified because Juan Ortiz attacked EZE.
David sent this in:
Check out http://www.ChristianWrestling.org and click on "Upcoming Events," and you'll see the card for Christian Pro Wrestling's next event where One Man Gang is scheduled to wrestle.
PTW sent this in:
RESULTS : Power Trip Wrestling - "Pushing Limits" - 1st Anniversary Show - Saturday 1st March - Luton.
What an amazing, loud, and emotional evening in Luton. The evening started as a beaming PTW Owner Peter Staniforth came out, and thanked the crowd for coming out, and then referenced various people who have played a vital part in PTW's 1 year history so far. After mentioning Shabazz's birthday, suddenly a ghost from Peter's past appeared..... Catastrophe The Clown.
Peter's nerves were rattled, as the last time Catastrophe was in PTW, he put a pie in Peter's face. Peter was clever, or so he thought this time, and moved out of the way so that his bodyguard 'GoldenGloves' Paul McSherry took it. As Peter apologised to Paul, and said 'Well, it's in the contract, you protect me', a finger tapped on Peter's shoulder - and a pie went straight in his face! The crowd laughed as Peter said that it was time to 'get on with the show' and that he had 'a clown to chase with his Clipboard'....
* The Dark Angel' Mayhem w/Dan Edge defeated Simon Lazenby. Mayhem was making his PTW/Luton debut, and made quite the impression as he took the victory.
* CWC Tag Team Championship Match - Beer Fuelled Violence defeated Wilde London (Craig London & JK Wilde). The popular team of BFV are continuing their winning streak in PTW, and beat the debuting Wilde London. Craig London & JK Wilde looked good in defeat though, and it would be fair to speculate that they will be back in PTW soon.
* In a 'Flag Match', Rich McClane defeated Al-Jihad. Jihad travelled all the way from America for this match, and was looking to take the victory, but the former Rich N' Famous - now Rich McClane - took the win, and has clearly become a changed man, who now appreciates the support of the fans.
* Team PTW (Paul McSherry, 'Exotic' Leo Dekker, Kyle Kraze, w/Peter Staniforth) defeated Team CWL (Mr Portugal, Jay Cool, Dragonian, w/Dan Edge). A wild six man tag team encounter, saw Team PTW take the victory. Kyle Kraze, for reasons best known to himself, saw it fit to dress up as John Cena for the evening - with the moveset, clothes, and all! The Clipboard of Doom was swinging in this one, as Peter Staniforth knocked out all three members of Team CWL; as PTW showed it's dominance and took the popular victory on it's first birthday.
* Ricky 'The Dreamboat' Regis & Frantastic defeated Braddock and Lucian, when Braddock shockingly turned on his partner, and sided with Regis and his former tag team partner Frantastic. After the match, the three were beating down Lucian, as Shabazz made the save. A furious Lucian demanded a match at PTW's next show with one of the three responsible; and PTW Owner Peter Staniforth granted it happily.
* PTW Cruiserweight Title Match - G 'The Ghetto Superstar (c) defeated ' UK Rocker' Shannon Hammer, Seb Drea, 'The White Light' Kevin Carter w/Aphrodite, and '100 %' Dan Edge; to retain the championship. This match was probably PTW's best cruiserweight match in it's history, and is worth the price of the DVD alone when released.
* FWF Heavyweight Title Match - Dr Gangreen (c) defeated 'Exotic' Leo Dekker. This was the first time that Belgian wrestling promotion FWF talent has appeared in the United Kingdom, and it's first ever title defence on UK soil. Dr Gangreen retained the title, in a good mat based encounter.
* Main Event - PTW Heavyweight Title Match - Three Countries Collide! - PTW Heavyweight Champion Shabazz (c) (England) w/Peter Staniforth defeated Micken (Scotland), and "The Bull" Roberto Lequimez (Belgium). The wildly popular Shabazz retained his title, but at a price as he was attacked by a bitter Al-Jihad and Dan Edge. Jihad took out a rope, and choked Shabazz in the middle of the ring; as Peter Staniforth went ballistic at ringside, screaming for help from the back. No less than the debuting eXodus came out, clearly a back up plan of Peter's if anything like this had happened; and completely decimated Edge with a evil chokeslam. Jihad possibly had it worse, with a tombstone piledriver on the concrete floor leaving him unconscious. Lequimez would go on to challenge Shabazz to a future PTW title shot, which was accepted by Shabazz.
And to finish the evening? Clown related insanity, as only PTW can deliver.... As Peter took the microphone, and spoke of the birthday of 'my best damn friend in the world, the one guy who always has my back', PTW Heavyweight Champion Shabazz; Catastrophe The Clown appeared once more. Peter was visibly bothered by this, and told Catastrophe that 'I may be a nice guy, but if you come near me with a pie again; there WILL be trouble'. A pie was raised, and Peter moved quickly for Shabazz to be the recepient. Mirroring events from the start of the show, Staniforth was laughing somewhat and called it 'a birthday present'; but as he turned around he took a pie in the face for a second time in the evening; much to the crowd's amusement. Peter tried to keep his cool, as he announced PTW would return to Stevenage on Saturday April 19th. He thanked the fans for coming out, and the show finished with the words that all PTW shows seem to finish with - "We are Power Trip Wrestling....and we love you too!".
Bradley Grover sent this in:
Courtesy of "ShawnO" and "GrayGhost" (I added a few details in parentheses) at www.theburninghammer.com/forum:
Eastern Pro Wrestling "Double Impact"
Saturday afternoon 3/1/08
Plainfield Town Hall
Ring Announcer: Shawn O'Vincent
Referees: Tony S. (in his EPW debut), Amber Rae, and Dan Tanaka
1. Afterburn (P.C. Cruz & Ray Diamond) over The Winter Hill Gang (Sid Reeves & Clip O'Reilly).
2. "The Golden Greek" Alex Arion over "The Promise" Antonio Thomas.
3. "The Epic" Mike Bennett (with Gia Savitz) over "Trouble Walkin" Thom Kane by countout.
Promo with Dan Freitas to discuss his future in EPW and the future of his career. He said today was his last day in EPW...then out comes former partner Brian Nunes. Brian convinced Dan not to quit, since the word "quit" is not in their vocabulary. Marshall McNeil with "The Egomaniac" Johnny Idol, "Prime Time" Anthony Pacitto, and Kongo come out to crash the party. A huge fight breaks out between Dan and Kongo. Dan then said he wasn't quitting, and has declared war on Kongo.
4. Heavyweight Champ Brutal Bob Evans retained the championship over Scotty Too Hotty.
Intermission for Polaroids with Scotty Too Hotty.
5. The Wild Boys (Mike Lynch & Billy King) over "The Egomaniac" Johnny Idol & "Prime Time" Anthony Pacitto.
6. Brian Nunes over Kongo (with Marshall McNeil) by reverse decision. Kongo originally won the match by pin, but the referee reversed the decision when Kongo would not release a choke hold on Brian.
Part II of EPW Double impact occurred tonight at the Plainfield Town Hall
Refs: Tanaka, Amber Rae, Adam Terrios, Tony S
Show started just five minutes later..which is pretty much a norm, on time or close to it for a promotion that has its stuff together. Opening match saw Simultenisty(Rob "Giant" Arujo[actually a little over 5 feet tall] and Ian Conley[who was born blind in one eye]) take on Max Bauer and the Canadien Destroyer. AFter ganging up on Rob Araujo for the early part of the match, Simultenisty got it going, w Ian and Rob both picking the pace up, esp on the bigger Bauer. In the end, Giant Rob hit a Tornado DDT on the Destroyer for the win.
VP Ricky Vasquez came out and said that Dan Freitas is staying w the company. Dan came out, and watched a video tho..which showed that on 4-4 in Fall river, Dan would meet Christian Cage, in his hometown.
Nick Westgate defeated Chris Venom w the Winter Hill Gang in a solid contest. Lots of good wrestling here, w the younger Westgate pinning a shocked Venom w a small package.
In a Number one Contenders match I believe, Big Rick Fuller took on Brian Fury(subbing for Scotty 2 Hotty, who was moved to later in the show. Brian had to deal w Fullers strikes, chops, and backbreaker. Brian battled back tho. and after a couple near falls, was able to pin Fuller, tho it appeared Rick had the ropes.
The Boogie Woogie Rumble was a battle royal hosted by Chunky but Funky, where once you were out, you could go back in, if you shook your booty enough. This was a bit funny, in the end, it was down to the WHG. but, CBF called out an "old friend" and Sweet Scott Ashworth came to a large pop. But, Scott called out another Scott, Scotty Too Hotty, to join him, Then Anthony Pacitto and Venom, who were in the Royal earlier, came out and an eight man tag was made. Fun match, where Scotty hit the worm finisher on Pacitto for the win. Crazy dancing, and everyone, INCLUDING SONNY did the Worm, or attempted to, afterwards..hehe
After intermission w photos w Scotty and Nikki, autographs and more, a video of pictures of Dan Freitas and his GF Amber Rae showed. Dan came to the ring, dressed to the nines, and PROPOSED TO AMBER in a nice moment, and she accepted. Congratulations to Dan and Amber Rae on the upcoming marriage.
The Rocket Fred Curry Jr, who was behaving w a non caring, me, me , me Im all that matters, not you, personality, took on Owen Graichen. This was a brawl that Ref Tony S ended up having to count both men out.
Rocco Abruzzi challenged Christian Angers for the TV title in the Brass knucks on a pole match. Really good match, w some good wrestling back n forth, and teasing the retrieval of the nucks a lot. Rocco got them, but when he nailed Angers, the ref went down too. Marshall McNeil then snuck in, and hit Rocco w a chain. The Ref recovered, and counted the pin. Winner and still champ Christian Angers.
Brutal Bob then had an excellent title match w Nikki Roxx. this was not some namby pamby shit, it was a good, hard hitting match. Nikki took some hard shots, and gave some back. Bob eventually won w his leg lariat to retain. However, after another one post match, He grabbed a chair. Scotty 2 Hotty came out and told Evans he cheated vs him earlier in the day, and now he was gonna hit a woman w a chair?. Scotty then challenged Bob to a title match. Ricky Vasquez approved it. Bob went for Nikki w the chair, and she kicked it into his face. Scotty shoulder tackled or clotheslined Bob. Another ref bump. Scotty set Bob up for the worm, and the second ref counted 123..Winner and NEW EPW HW Champion. Scotty 2 Hotty
really fun show, as has been the norm w EPW. Great family show, w no wild stuff, and a hot crowd, having a good time, that got over by the talent, who worked to put on a good show. Great to see the CT gang, and Todd, Dave, ShawnO and Livewire as well. (Someone, post that thing to make everyone happy too. please)
EPW is in Stoneham tomorrow, Fall river April 4 w Christian Cage vs Dan Freitas, plus Shark Boy, Bob Evans, Scotty 2 Hotty and more,
And they return to Plainfield Town Hall April 5