On Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 2:25 PM EST
Viva La Raza! # Cuatro: Lucha News
December 13, 2008
By: Josh Boutwell of WrestleView.com
Welcome to this week’s edition of Viva La Raza. There is a ton of news coming out of Mexico this week as CMLL and AAA are winding down their year with big shows to end the year and I will spotlight the biggest luchadore in Mexico, Mistico!
Neon Loses Mask
At CMLL's 12/07 Arena Coliseo show Neon lost his mask in the 8-man Mask vs. Mask match. Neon was pinned by Virgo and the match also included Azazel, Thunder Boy, Quazar, Relampago Azul, Samurai, & Milenio. Neon's real name is Jose Raymundo Loza Rodrigez and he is 24 years old. He's been wrestling for 5 years and is from Guadalajara. Neon got on the microphone after the match and said he would not give up.
Possible Mr. Niebla Title Shot
Dos Caras Jr. has offered Mr. Niebla a CMLL World Heavyweight Title shot, which is odd since he turned the belt into the CMLL offices last week. Dos needs to make his mind up, are you leaving or not. Right now Niebla is one of the top wrestlers in CMLL and Caras needs to drop the title instead of just vacated it. Niebla getting it for the 2nd time or putting the belt on Ultimo Guerrero or Blue Panther would be good.
Air Force Members Headed to CMLL
It was announced this week that former AAA high flyers, Rey Cometa & Pegasso, will be starting with CMLL in January. Cometa left AAA earlier this year and has wrestled for IWRG some while Pegasso was teaming with Laredo Kid and Aerostar last month. Both are solid high flyers and would add to CMLL’s lower-midcard.
Mistico Forming Tecnico Stable
Mistico said in an interview this week that he was going to form a group to combat Hijos del Averno and that Volador Jr., La Sombra, Mascara Purpura, Astro Boy, and Valiente would be his ideal lineup. He said, unlike Hector Garza, he would help elevate that young guys in the process.
CMLL Taking Big Shows Away from Arena Mexico & Arena Coliseo in 2009
Super Luchas Magazine broke this week that CMLL will be running a tour in 2009 all across Mexico with big Arena Mexico-like shows (much like AAA does with their TV tapings). This would be CMLL's first tour of such a magnitude.
Double Main Event Headlines Tonight’s Arena Mexico Show
On CMLL's big December 12th Arena Mexico show it will be headlined by a one-on-one showdown between Mistico and Ultimo Guerrero as well as the 2008 Torneo Leyenda de Azul (Legend of the Blue Tournamnet) which honors the legendary original Blue Demon. Leyenda de Azul is one of the two tribute tournaments they run each year with the other being Torneo Leyenda de Plata (which Mistico won this year). Leyenda de Azul has been dertermined through an actual tournament but it has also just been a Torneo Cibernetico (Elimination Match) which it will be this year. This year's participants are: Dos Caras Jr., Marco Corleone, Blue Panther, Sagrado, Toscano, Shocker, Valiente, Maximo, Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Texano Jr., Lizmark Jr., El Terrible, Misterioso II, Rey Bucanero, & Ephesto. This will be the first Leyenda de Azul since 2006 with Lizmark Jr., Blue Panther, & Rey Bucanero each having a chance to become the only 2 time winner. Just for a little background on the tournament (I love tournaments) here are the past winners (it dates back to 2000).
* 2000: Blue Panther (defeating Brazo de Plata, Bestia Salvaje, Cien Caras, Emilio Charles Jr., Lizmark Jr., Perro Aguayo Sr., Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Villano IV, Apolo Dantes, Villano III, Universo 2000, Shocker, Mascara Ano 2000, Satanico, & Mr. Niebla in a Torneo Cibernetico)
* 2003: Tarzan Boy (defeating Villano IV, Mascara Ano 2000, Pierroth, Violencia, Takemura, Black Tiger (Silver King), Mr. Niebla, Blue Panther, Lizmark Jr., Vampiro, Rey Bucanero, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., Ultimo Guerrero, & Shocker in a Torneo Cibernetico)
* 2004: Universo 2000 (defeating Apolo Dantes, Mascara Sagrada, Satanico, Cien Caras, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Black Tiger, Vampiro, Dr. Wagner Jr., El Terrible, Brazo de Plata, Mr. Niebla, Black Warrior, Hector Garza, Pierroth, & Canek Torneo Cibernetico)
* 2005: Lizmark Jr. (defeating Olimpico in 1st round, Black Warrior in Quarter Finals, Hector Garza in Semi Finals, & Ultimo Guerrero in the Finals of a Tournament)
* 2006: Rey Bucanero (defeating Damian666 in 1st Round, Black Warrior in Quarter Finals, Hector Garza in Semi Finals, & Atlantis in the Finals of a Tournament)
Mr. Niebla is the favorite for this match. Also, on the card will be a luchadoras trios match Dark Angel, Lady Apache, & Lluvia against Hiroka, Mima Shimoda, & Princesa Sujei.
Blue Panther To Don Mask One More Time
The Box y Lucha Commission told Blue Panther this week that he would be allowed to wear his mask one more time next week at Arena Mexico. He will don the mask during a ceremony when the National Institute for Women present him with an award for the work he does for the movement to stop violence against women in Mexico. Panther says that they requested to Panther wear the mask because more people know him because of it and he understood completely. This will be the final time he wears it and he said that he would not wear it in the ring that night. That’s a great story and kudos to Panther.
CMLL 12/01 Arena Puebla Results
1) Akira & King Jaguar def. Fuerza Chicana & Zigma
2) Black Tiger, Lestat, & Tigre Rojo def. Ares, Espiritu Maligno, & Ski Osama Jr.
3) Dark Angel, India Sioux, & Lluiva def. Hiroka, Princess Sujei, & Yeska
4) Averno, Mephisto, & El Terrible def. La Sombra, Mascara Dorada, & Toscano
5) Atlantis, Negro Casas, & Ultimo Guerrero def. Mistico, Shocker, & Volador Jr.
* NOTES *
- Negro Casas escaped Mistico's La Mistica and reversed it into a pin for the victory setting up their NWA Middleweight Title match.
CMLL 12/05 Arena Mexico Results
1) Fabian el Gitano & Molotov def. Caligula & Messala
2) Mr. Aguilita, Pequeno Warrior, & Pequeno Violencia def. Bam Bam, Pequeno Olimpico, & Ultimo Dragoncito
3) Hijo del Fantasma, La Mascara, & Valiente def. Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, & Virus
4) Dos Caras Jr., Shocker, & Toscano def. Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, & Sangre Azteca
5) Los Guerreros del Atlantida (Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, & Atlantis) def. Blue Panther, Mistico, & Marco Corleone
* NOTES *
- In the main event Los Guerreros won the first fall clean then lost the 2nd one via DQ when Guerrero ripped up Mistico's mask. Mistico ran to the back to get another one (which is a bit they have done in the past) so Los Guerreros hid underneath CMLL's big stage. Mistico then jumped off the stage onto everyone with a dive in a big spot. Later, the referee was distracted by Bucanero and Atlantis brawling with Marco & Panther in the crowd which allowed Guerrero to foul Mistico behind the referees back for the pin. After the match Mistico demanded a Mask vs. Mask match with Guerrero, but he refused. They will, however, face off in a one-on-one match next week.
CMLL 12/07 Arena Mexico Results
1) Hijo del Faraon & Tony Rivera def. Apocalipsis & Hooligan
2) Nino de Acero, Pequeno Ninja, & Pequeno Olimpico def. Pequeno Damian666, Pequeno Halloween, & Pequeno Warrior
3) Felino, Heavy Metal, & Sangre Azteca def. Mascara Dorada, Maximo, & Valiente
4) Black Warrior, Ultimo Guerrero, & Misterioso II def. Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., & Toscano
5) NWA Mexican National Welterweight Title: La Sombra (c) def. Ephesto to retain his title!
6) CMLL World Tag Titles: Averno & Mephisto def. Mistico & Hector Garza (c) to win the titles!
* NOTES *
- Toscano was injured in his match but it is unclear as to how serious it is.
- This was a huge event for CMLL and was what is believed to be a sellout.
- Averno & Mephisto won the tag titles in only 2 falls. Mephisto pinned Garza in the first and then in the 2nd, Averno ripped his mask off and threw it to Mistico. The referee turned around and saw Mistico with Averno's mask and called for the DQ. As a result Averno & Mephisto are the new CMLL World Tag Team Champions! Mistico and Hector Garza are appealing to the commision for an immediate rematch.
CMLL 12/08 Arena Peublo Results
1) Blue Center, SWAT, & Legionario def. Aguila Guerrera, Rafaga, & Ares
2) Pequeno Warrior, Pequeno Damian666, & Pequeno Violencia def. Bam Bam, Nino de Acero, & Pequeno Ninja
3) Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., & Sangre Azteca def. Maximo, Stuka Jr., & Valiente
4) Dos Caras Jr., Marco Corleone, & Toscano def. Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, & Ultimo Guerrero
5) CMLL World Welterweight Title: Mistico (c) def. Negro Casas to retain the title!
* NOTES *
- Nino de Acero was injured in the segunda, no word on how serious.
- Mistico vs. Negro Casas was said to be a very good match, one of Mistico's better this year.
CMLL 12/09 Arena Mexico Results
1) Tigre Blanco & Tony Rivera def. Apocalipsis & Ramstein
2) Amapola & Princesa Sujei def. India Sioux & Marcela
3) CMLL Mexican Welterweight Title #1 Contenders Torneo Cibernetico: Dragon Rojo Jr. def. La Mascara, Mascara Purpura, Mascara Dorada, Stuka Jr., Flash, Mictlan, Felino, Black Warrior, Loco Max, Heavy Metal, & Virus to win the vacant title!
4) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, & Rey Bucanero def. Dos Caras Jr., Marco Corleone, & Toscano
* NOTE *
- The semimain was a #1 contenders elimination match. Rojo earns a shot at Sangre Azteca's title next week.
CMLL 12/14 Arena Coliseo Lineup
1) Sensei & Trueno vs. Puma King & Tiger Kid
2) Mascarita Dorada, Nino de Acero, & Pequeno Ninja vs. Mr. Aguilita, Pequeno Halloween, & Pequeno Universo 2000
3) Mascara Dorada, Sagrado, & Valiente vs. Ephesto, Hijo del Cien Caras, & Texano Jr.
4) Arena Coliseo Tag Titles: Flash & Stuka Jr. (c) vs. Euforia & Nosferatu
5) Dos Caras Jr., Marco Corleone, & Toscano vs. Black Warrior, Lizmark Jr., & Ultimo Guerrero
AAA 12/06 TV Taping Results
1) AAA Mixed Tag Titles: Cinthia Moreno & Oriental (c) def. Fabi Apache & Gran Apache to retain the titles!
2) AAA World Tag Titles: Nicho el Millionario & Joe Lider (c) fought Jack Evans & Teddy Hart to a DOUBLE COUNT OUT (Nicho & Lider retain)
3) D-Generation MEX (X-Pac, Alex Koslov, & Rocky Romero) def. The Dark Family (Escoria, Ozz, & Cuervo)
4) El Padrino, Kenzo Suzuki, & RelliK def. Alan Stone, La Parka Jr., & Octagon
5) Latin Lover def. Konnan
6) AAA Heavyweight Title: El Mesias def. El Zorro w/Special Referee: Charly Manson to win the title!
7) Steel Cage Hair vs. Mask Match: El Brazo lost to Super Porky, Pirata Morgan, Super Fly, El Elegido, & Electroshock (Brazo loses his hair)
* NOTES *
- In the AAA Mixed Tag Titles match Oriental nailed Fabi with a very hard Powerbomb and she needed medical attention. Billy Boy came out to help and she slapped him. Billy Boy then snapped and beat the hell out of her which resulted in Gran Apache to jump him. This feud will never end.
- El Padrino was Suzuki & RelliK's mystery partner tonight. He is formely known as the Italian Killer and is a young El Mesias sized heavyweight.
- La Parka Jr. & Vampiro helped Mesias beat Zorro in the AAA Title match. Afterward they hugged and Mesias appologized to the fans for all of the things he's done in the past. Lame.
- This was AAA’s final TV Taping of the year.
Blue Demon Jr. and NWA Wants Titles Back from CMLL
NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Blue Demon Jr., this week was saying that none of the CMLL wrestlers that are holding NWA Titles (Mexican National Titles) are true champions. Demon said that the NWA had meetings with CMLL earlier this year to strike a deal to have the CMLL wrestlers defend those titles in NWA but CMLL declined it. Demon said that the NWA allowed CMLL to keep the belts in 1990 when they ended their partnership because NWA had no plans of working in Mexico anymore. Now that they are starting the rebirth of the NWA in Mexico they want to use the titles again. La Sombra was asked about this by an interviewer and he responded by saying that Demon wanted his belt (NWA Mexican National Welterweight Title) he could come take it from him in OR out of the ring. Either suited him. Sombra is awesome.
INDY 12/06 Results
1) Aikido, Eragon, & Scanner def. Centinela, Kadafi, & Marte
2) Afrodita & Zeuxis def. Princesa Zareth & El Zorra
3) La Parkita & Mascarita Sagrada def. Espectrito I & Espectrito II
4) El Hijo del Diablo & Sultan Jr. def. Coclores & Coco Verde
5) Dr. Cerebro, Mr. Mexico, & Septiembre Negro II def. Freelance, Ultraman Jr., & Pendulo
6) Dr. Wagner Jr., El Dandy, & Fuerza Guerrera def. Head Hunter I, Hijo del Cien Caras, & Veneno
IWRG Presents "Azteca '08" 12/07 Results
1) Eragon & Goleador def. Anticristo Jr. & Nemesis IWRG
2) Comando Negro & Trauma II def. Freelance & Pendulo
3) EdM Trios Titles: Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, & Dr. Cerebro def. Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, & Oficial Fierro (c) to win the titles!
4) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000, & Hijo del Cien Caras def. Arlequin, Pierroth II, & Trauma I
5) Scorpio Jr. def. Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. via DQ
6) Fuerza Guerrera, Super Astro, Tinieblas Jr., & Zumbido def. Head Hunter I, Masada, Mascara Ano 2000, & Tetsuda
PdM Debut Show 12/07 Show Results
1) Dr. Markus & Dr. Markus Jr. def. Bugambilia & Metal Boy
2) Esther Moreno & Martha Villalobos def. Ayako Hamada & Rossy Moreno
3) Black Spirt, Super Nova, & Turbo def. Black Thunder, Cerebro Negro, & X-Fly
4) Intocable, Rayman, & Super Crazy def. Damian666, Mr. Aguila, & Head Hunter II
5) Cibernetico, Dr. Wagner Jr., & Perro Aguayo Jr. def. Head Hunter I, LA Park, & Olimpico
* NOTES *
- The show was said to be about 75% full which is great to be running in the same town on the same day against a huge CMLL Arena Mexico show, but they expected a sellout. The fans were said to be into the show the whole through and all left happy. Cameras were there filming the show but it is unclear whether Perro is working on TV or if its for a DVD release possibly.
- The 3rd match was a big high flying affair that saw all 6 men impress. Black Spirit (LA Park's son) was said to have been very impressive as well in really his first big match.
- Super Crazy got a huge ovation and did a Moonsault off a balcony that got the crowd really into it. He won his match with the Tri-fecta Moonsaults. The fans were chanting the whole time for Crazy to join PdM.
- The main event was a huge brawl that eventually Wagner got the win over Park. After the match Cibernetico and Perro offered Wagner a PdM t-shirt, but he refused it which caused Cibernetico & Perro to put the beatdown on him.
- Rob Van Dam was obviously not there as was rumored that he would be, the surprises on the card were the Head Hunters.
CMLL has really kicked into high gear with title matches and matches that the fans are raving about. Many fans have been calling the Mistico vs. Negro Casas match from 12/08 a must see and a match of the year candidate and the Torneo Cibernetico for the Mexican Welterweight Title #1 Contendership was said to be very good as well. With Mistico and Ultimo Guerrero and yet another Torneo Cibernetico on the card for tonight it could be an even bigger card without a title on the line.
Dos Caras Jr. has really been pissing me off ever since these WWE rumors started earlier this year. He constantly says he’s going to WWE but has yet to leave. Finally he said he would start around Royal Rumble and that he had turned in his title to the CMLL offices. Now, he’s saying he would put the title on the line against Mr. Niebla if he wanted to. If he is really going to WWE then he needs to drop and drop it before the end of the year.
AAA is kind of dead right now with only some spot shows going on. The 12/06 TV Taping is the last scheduled TV taping of the year. We have a new champion which is lame because all of a sudden Mesias is a super face. Konnan is in almost every segment of TV shows now. The only things interesting going on in AAA right now is D-Generation MEX and the great action that goes on in the undercard. The angle with Billy Boy and the Apaches has just gotten dumb. They just wont let that angle die and now Fabi slaps Billy for giving trying to help her. Konnan is trying to hard to be WWE Mexico.
The thing with Blue Demon Jr. spouting off about CMLL still using the NWA titles is just stupid. They have the legal right to use those belts, NWA have said that they gave the titles to CMLL. Why should CMLL want to defend their titles on small NWA Mexico shows when they have a working relationship with TNA?
The PdM debut show was said to be very good and very fun for the fans. Perro actually came out at the end of the show and thanked the fans and had himself and several other wrestlers come out and talk to and sign autographs for the fans. I want there to be that third option for big time Lucha in Mexico and I think Perro has the best shot. Its definitely going to be an uphill battle but he is well liked with wrestlers and has a lot of connections. If Cibernetico is truly a part of the group and not just a special attraction that is big and if he can bring in a guy like Rob Van Dam it would get him into a big spot. Perro has vowed to bring in some big International stars, especially American. TNA showed a lot of interest in Perro Aguayo Jr. before he was injured last year and I have a feeling that if Perro made the offer of himself coming in and working for TNA that TNA would send some big stars over to Mexico. Perro could work TV Tapings and PPVs (maybe even some house shows) and be able to work his shows in Mexico easily, and TNA doesn’t have an exclusive relationship with CMLL (though that may severe it if TNA does it). Just an idea.
Luchadore Spotlight of the Week:
This weeks Luchadore Spotlight gets shone on Mexico’s biggest draw: Mistico! Mistico is the son of former Mexican star Dr. Karonte, the nephew of Tony Salazar, and the brother of fellow young high flyers Astro Boy II (INDY) and Argenis (AAA). Mistico was raised in the violent Tepito district of Mexico City and began training to be a wrestler at a very young age by his father (Karonte), uncle (Salazar), and the legendary Fray Tormenta. He made his debut in 1998 wrestling under the name Dr. Karonte Jr. on the INDY scene. In 2000 he began wrestling as the masked and exciting Astro Boy and began getting noticed on the undercard matches in CMLL. Mistico traveld to Japan in 2001 and began wrestling as Komachi in Michinoku Pro and Kamen Ranger Orange in HUSTLE before leaving to go back to CMLL. CMLL saw a lot in the young star and thought he could be the next Rey Mysterio Jr. in Mexico. He was repackaged in 2004 as the masked Mistico. The Mistico gimmick was that of an orphan who was raised by his mentor and trainer, Fray Tormenta, and was a very religious man. Mistico wrestled the bulk of early 2004 in tag and trios matches with fellow youngsters Volador Jr. and Misterioso II on the midcard. Then, he teamed with legendary El Hijo del Santo and won the 2004 Gran Alternativa Tournament. After that CMLL bookers began teaming Mistico with Main Event level tecnicos like Negro Casas and Shocker to do battle with top rudo groups Los Guerreros del Infierno (Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, Atlantis, Olimpico, Averno, etc.) and La Furia del Norte (El Terrible, Tarzan Boy, Hector Garza, & Perro Aguayo Jr.). Mistico’s underdog status because of his small stature and his amazing arm drag variations immediately made him a crowd favorite. In 2005 Mistico defeated arch nemesis Averno for the NWA Middleweight Championship to earn his first title belt. The match was so good that fans at ringside actually started throwing wads of money into the ring to show their appreciation. Mistico battled Ultimo Guerrero in his first Arena Mexico Main Event two weeks after his big NWA Title win and he defeated the Los Guerreros leader sparking a feud with Mistico teaming with Dr. Wagner Jr. to battle the top Mexican tag team of Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero. After many great battles Mistico started a program with Perro Aguayo Jr. who had recently started his own Perros del Mal group. 2006 was his biggest year up until that point as he was ranked #3 in PWI’s (Pro Wrestling Illustrated) Top 500 Wrestlers list and was named Performer of the Year, Box Office Draw of the Year, & Best High Flyer. Mistico main evented 17 18 events during 2006 that drew 10,000 people or more proving his worth. In early 2006 Mistico began teaming with Black Warrior to try and gain the CMLL World Tag Team Championships, but they failed in their 1st try and Warrior turned on Mistico in the 2nd. This began a heated feud between the two. Black Warrior traveled to Japan to wrestle and while he was gone Mistico and Negro Casas defeated Averno & Mephisto to win the CMLL World Tag Team Titles. When Warrior returned they began to feud once again and on May 12th Warrior gave Mistico his first major Arena Mexico loss when Warrior defeated Mistico for his NWA Middleweight Championship in a huge matchup. At the big 73rd Anniversary Show the two men battled each other in a Mask vs. Mask match and Mistico won giving him his first major Mask win and just made him even more popular. On April 10, 2007 Mistico defeated Mephisto to capture the CMLL World Welterweight Championship which he still holds. Mistico and Perro Aguayo Jr.’s feud continued their feud in 2007 and the big 74th Anniversary Show that pitted 8 of the biggest CMLL stars against each other in a Hair vs. Mask Cage of Death Match. The match pitted Mistico, Perro Aguayo Jr., Lizmark Jr., Blue Panther, Atlantis, Dr. Wagner Jr., & Ultimo Guerrero. Mistico was able to escape the cage to save his mask (which Lizmark Jr. lost) but Perro Aguayo Jr. was able to escape as well. CMLL started a new Comic Book based on Mistico as a superhero in late 2007 that is still a popular comic book in Mexico. In 2007 WWE gave Mistico a tryout match (at the urging of Rey Mysterio Jr.) and wanted to sign the young high flyer but he declined due to his CMLL contract. WWE has tried at least 2 more times since to sign him as has TNA Wrestling. Mistico defeated Perro Aguayo Jr. in the finals of the 2008 Leyenda de Plata in the pairs final match before Perro left CMLL. In July Mistico traved to China for the 2008 Olympics and was a guest commentator (Spanish) for the wrestling and martial arts games. While in China Mistico began training in various traditional Chinese wrestling and martial arts. Mistico contacted TNA to see if they were interested in bringing him in as a special attraction during a possible United States tour in the late summer, but Mistico was injured in September and had to cancel his hopeful tour of the United States. Mistico broke his collarbone and concussion on September 28th when he attempted a Plancha on Rey Bucanero but missed and slammed hard on the concrete. Mistico returned to CMLL from injury in late 2008 and has main evented on almost every Arena Coliseo and Arena Mexico show since returning. He has also successfully defended his CMLL World Middleweight Championship against Negro Casas in a Match of the Year candidate and lost his CMLL World Tag Team Titles to Averno and Mephisto since returning. Mistico will be traveling to Japan for the 1st time (under the Mistico gimmick) in January to wrestle on the huge Wrestle Kingdom III show.
Mistico continues to be one of the biggest draws and best workers in all of Mexico, but he has been given a little bit of the John Cena treatment in the last year. At times he is treated like a superman and unbeatable at times. There has been some backlash as Mistico has started to hear some boos because of this recently. After his Match of the Year worthy match against Negro Casas in December it is hoped that this Superhuman push has stopped as he even lost a title in December. CMLL has done all it can to make sure Mistico doesn’t wrestle in the United States for TNA or WWE. Mistico’s schedule in Mexico is ungodly as he wrestles almost daily (sometimes twice in a day) and more injuries are most certain if it continues. Mistico has recently began complaining about this which usually means things will change. Mistico complained about the medical staff on hand at Arena Coliseo shows when he was injured and since there has been plenty of Medical Staff for the wrestlers. Mistico’s goal is to become as big as other Luchadores like Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero who became big stars in the United States. TNA wants him badly as they think he could be their answer to WWE’s Rey Mysterio Jr. and we will most likely eventually see at least Mistico some in TNA with CMLL’s working relationship with them. It will most likely cost TNA a Kurt Angle match in Japan but it will be well worth it. CMLL’s obvious worry is that Mistico sees how light the TNA schedule is and decides to jump because I guarantee that TNA would severe their ties with CMLL if it meant getting Mistico as a fulltime wrestler. Regardless Mistico will remain one of the top draws in Mexico and one of the best wrestlers in the world.