Slammiversary PPV Results 6/18/06 Orlando, FL (NEW World Champ) Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
On Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 10:51 PM EST
- This 30 minute preshow is being hosted by Jeremy Borash and Christy Hemme.
- Monty Brown came out and complained about why he wasn't in the King of the Mountain Match tonight (he actually called it the King of the Ring twice). Brown insulted the crowd a bit. He called out "Fat Joe" and said his winning streak could end tonight against Scott Steiner. Brown said he was sick of being held back in TNA. The crowd started a "JOE's GONNA KILL YOU" chant.
- A video package rolls highlighting the NWA World Tag Team Championship Match with America's Most Wanted defending against AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels.
- Borash & Hemme are shown in the ring. They rundown the card tonight.
- We go to Mike Tenay & Don West at ringside. They talk about the new face of TNA Management debuting tonight. Also discussed is Scott Steiner vs. Samoa Joe and the King of the Mountain Match with the NWA World Title on the line.
- The "Tiger Woods" commercial for Slammiversary airs.
- Eric Young & A1 defeated The Naturals w/ Shane Douglas. After the match, Douglas yelled at The Naturals and said they would be undergoing some tough training. He said they embarassed him and that The Naturals won't return to the Impact Zone until he says they are ready. Douglas yells at both Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas to go to the back.
- A video package rolls highlighting the Scott Steiner vs. Samoa Joe match tonight.
- Team 3D came out. Brother Ray said TNA is the hottest thing in professional wrestling right now. He made a promise that we will see great wrestling, some of the most hardcore wrestling you will see ever and most importantly, no zombies in the ring. Ray says that product sucks. Tenay says no zombies and no vampires tonight. Ray called out The James Gang to start tonight's scheduled match right away. Referee Mark "Slick" Johnson came out. No James Gang. Ray said if they have to, they will come to them and drag them out to the ring. The preshow ends with Team 3D heading to the back.
- A video package rolls highlighting all of the matches tonight at Slammiversary.
TNA Slammiversary PPV Results - 6/18/06
Location: Orlando, Florida
Commentators: Mike Tenay & Don West
Report By: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The TNA promo hits. A video package starts highlighting the history of the King of the Mountain Match in TNA. June 2, 2004 is mentioned, the first ever King of the Mountain, when Jeff Jarrett won it and become NWA World Champion. We see Christian Cage talking about how no one in the history of TNA has walked away champion after competing in a King of the Mountain Match. We see how Jeff Jarrett won in 2004 and Raven won in 2005. They highlight how 5 men will enter and only 1 will leave. It ends with Christian Cage saying now is his time in TNA.
- A new video opening plays followed by a graphic for Slammiversary. We then go live to the Impact Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL. A series of pyro goes off in the ring, above the ring and in the entrance area as the fans cheer loudly.
- We then see a shot of Team 3D and The James Gang battling through the "babyface" tunnel and heading down to the ring.
Bingo Hall Brawl
Team 3D vs. The James Gang
The match started right away with Team 3D throwing The James Gang into the ring. Some steel chairs were thrown in as well. BG & Kip take out Brother Ray with a few chairshots. Brother Devon comes back with a few kendo stick shots. Team 3D is clearly the more over team tonight. BG threw Devon "over the border" near the Spanish Announce Table where LAX was at. LAX beat up Devon. BG slapped hands with Konnan, but then LAX attacked James and threw them both onto the babyface ramp. Ray took out Kip with a big hip toss onto guard railing set across two chairs. More brawling into the crowd with Team 3D taking out BG. Kip comes up with a few trash can lid shots to Ray and Devon. They brawled back into the ring and Ray threw a trash can full of weapons into the ring. Ray pulled out a bra and choked out Kip. He only hit Kip with a shot with a cheese grader. Kip was busted open. BG & Devon take each other out with trash can lid shots. The fans are really into this match. Devon hits the flying headbutt to the groin of BG using a trash can lid. Ray also hits a golf club over the groin of BG. Kip hits the Fameasser on Ray into a trash can. Ray hits Kip on the back with a kendo stick, puts him on his shoulders and Devon takes out Kip with a big clothesline. Devon brings a table into the ring. The finish saw Team 3D hit the 3D on Kip James through the table to get the pinfall.
Winners: Team 3D
After the match, Brother Ray got on the mic and tells the fans that is how it should really be done when it comes to hardcore wrestling.
- Mike Tenay & Don West rundown the card tonight: Rhino vs. Bobby Roode & Scott D'Amore, Kevin Nash vs. Chris Sabin, AMW vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels for the NWA World Tag Team Titles, Scott Steiner vs. Samoa Joe and Christian Cage vs. Abyss vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting in a King of the Mountain Match for the NWA World Title.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash interviewed Jeff Jarrett who was sporting a "King of the Mountain" t-shirt. Jarrett compares himself to Joe Montana in the fourth quarter and Michael Jordan in a Game 7. He talks about how TNA started four years ago and how critics didn't give them six weeks. Jarrett said they are standing strong four years later. He says Sting has a huge ego and will go for the title tonight no matter what he says tonight. Jarrett says Christian's ego and Sting's ego will cancel each other out. He says Abyss and Ron Killings can't slip through the back door. Jarrett said he will reclaim what is his tonight. Larry Zbyzsko comes up and confirms to Jarrett that the new face of TNA Management is who he thought it was all along. Jarrett says he will fix things tonight.
- A video package runs highlighting the feud between Rhino and Team Canada leading into the Handicap Match tonight with Rhino taking on Bobby Roode & Scott D'Amore.
Rhino vs. Bobby Roode & Scott D'Amore
Before the match, Scott D'Amore got on the mic and said he knows why this was made a Handicap Match by Rhino. He said it was because Rhino was afraid to face him one-on-one. When Rhino came out, D'Amore ran away and let Bobby Roode take a big high back body drop from Rhino. Roode got D'Amore to come back to the ringside area. D'Amore warms up a bit and gets the legal tag. He gets in the ring, jumps up, says he is tired and tags Roode back in. Rhino and Roode are working very well together. Roode tried jumping up over Rhino in the corner, but Rhino stopped and Roode let out a loud "SH*T" when Rhino wasn't there. When D'Amore tried to pump Roode up, he slapped his shoulder and the referee declared that a legal tag. Rhino brought D'Amore in over the top rope. Lots of distracting by D'Amore allowing Roode to get in some cheap shots. D'Amore got in a few shots on Rhino, did some jumping jacks taunting at the crowd and then some push-ups. Each time Rhino looked to take out D'Amore, Roode ran in and took out Rhino. There was lots more of Roode and D'Amore tagging in and out staying on Rhino. Rhino made a brief comeback, but Roode took him out with a big neckbreaker. When D'Amore was tagged in again, he took off his Team Canada shirt and flexed a bit. D'Amore missed a moonsault attempt on Rhino. D'Amore takes out Rhino with a hockey stick shot, attempts to put him on his shoulders, but gets a spinebuster. The finish saw Rhino throw Roode out of the ring and then give D'Amore the Gore to get the pinfall.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with X Division Champion Samoa Joe. Borash mentions how Joe debuted at last year's Slammiversary PPV and how he is undefeated since then. He also points out how Joe hasn't faced anyone like Scott Steiner before. Joe said Scott Steiner hasn't faced anyone like him before either. He mentions that even Steiner himself hasn't been pinned on his shoulders yet in TNA. Joe says Steiner will experience that tonight.
X Division Rankings Match
Senshi vs. Shark Boy vs. Petey Williams vs. Jay Lethal vs. Alex Shelley vs. Sonjay Dutt
This match will directly effect the X Division rankings in TNA. The match started with Petey Williams and Shark Boy. Shark Boy takes out Williams with a few arm drags and dropkicks. Shark Boy with more offense on Williams with a high back body drop. Williams comes back with a tree of woe on Shark Boy and attempts the "Oh Canada!" taunt, but Shark Boy bites him. Jay Lethal gets the tag and he double teams Williams with Shark Boy. Williams takes out Lethal with a big knee to the head and tags in Senshi. Senshi takes out Lethal with some stiff kicks and chops. Lethal fights back with a big flapjack in the middle of the ring. Alex Shelley gets the tag from Senshi. Shelley and Senshi double team Lethal. Shelley applies a surfboard submission on Lethal. Lethal counters, but Shelley turns it right around and takes out Lethal. Lethal takes out Shelley with a hip toss-dropkick combo. Sonjay Dutt gets the tag from Lethal. Dutt hits a huge head scissors takeover on Shelley. Shelley crotches Dutt on the top rope when he attempts his sprinkler. Shelley also drags Dutt across the top rope over his groin and follows that up with a big moonsault. Shelley puts his hands in his pants and then rubs his face in the face of Shark Boy. Senshi, Williams and Shelley then all get suplexed by Lethal, Shark Boy and Dutt in what Tenay called a Six Pack Suplex. Dutt counters a Deep Sea Drop from Shark Boy, but then Shark Boy comes back with a reverse neckbreaker. Shark Boy misses an elbow drop and Dutt hits a moonsault to get the pinfall. Shark Boy is eliminated. Shelley is putting on a clinic tonight with some impressive moves on Dutt and Lethal. The fans booed when Lethal hit Shelley with a release german suplex and got the pinfall. Alex Shelley is eliminated. The crowd was really flat with Dutt, Lethal, Williams and Senshi when Dutt hit a big moonsault taking them out on the outside. Williams hit the Canadian Destroyer on Lethal and got the pinfall. Jay Lethal is eliminated. Senshi hits the Double Stomp from the top rope on Williams and gets the pinfall. Petey Williams is eliminated. Senshi gets Dutt up in the tree of woe, steps on his knees, Dutt leans up and Senshi hits his big Double Stomp. Senshi gets the pinfall. Sonjay Dutt is eliminated.
Winner & NEW #1 Contender for the X Division Title: Senshi
After the match, TNA showed highlights of each of the eliminations leading to Senshi's final pinfall over Sonjay Dutt to become the new #1 contender for the X Division Title.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Kevin Nash and Alex Shelley. Nash asks Shelley what happened. Shelley said there was like 10 to 20 guys in the ring and that he was too focused on the celebration they will have later tonight. Nash brings up Walt Sabin, Chris Sabin's dad, and how he is probably watching the PPV tonight on his cheap 19 inch TV screen. He said he won't be picking up the medical bills after what he does tonight.
- A video package rolls highlighting Kevin Nash's attack on the X Division and how Chris Sabin has involved himself after he was attacked by Nash after winning the World X Cup.
Kevin Nash vs. Chris Sabin
Mike Tenay brings up that tonight is Kevin Nash's first match in a year and how he was scheduled to compete for the NWA World Title back in October, but was unable to due to medical issues. Nash starts off the match taking it to Sabin with a few elbows. Sabin gets in a few shots on Nash, but Nash takes out Sabin quickly. Sabin gets in some more shots and Nash pokes the eyes of Sabin. Sabin with a big dropkick on Nash and Nash rolls out. Nash calls Alex Shelley out to the ringside area. Shelley distracts Sabin allowing Nash to take him out. One of the turnbuckles get exposed and Sabin sends Nash into it. Sabin follows that up with a dropkick. Sabin attempts the Cradle Shock, but Nash is too big. Another distraction by Shelly allowing Nash to hit a big boot on Sabin. Believe it or not, we had a "LETS GO SABIN-LETS GO NASH" back-and-forth chant from the TNA crowd. Nash attempts a Jacknife Powerbomb and Sabin counters it hitting Nash with some rights and driving him into the mat. Sabin got Nash on his shoulders showing his strength, but Shelley came in and took Nash off. Sabin took out Shelley with a suicide dive through the ropes. Sabin with more offense on Nash. The crowd is really into the match. Shelley crotches Sabin on the top rope. Nash drops his straps and does the "X" signal. Nash then picks up Sabin and hits the Jacknife Powerbomb. Nash covers Sabin and gets the pinfall. Tenay and West made it clear that this was more like a Handicap Match.
Winner: Kevin Nash
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with NWA World Tag Team Champions America's Most Wanted. JB points out how AMW have been in TNA since day one and how many tag teams have come and gone in the company. Chris Harris calls the AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels tag team experiment a failure since they have beaten them everytime they have got into the ring. Harris brings up how AJ & Daniels feel Gail Kim has been a distraction as of late. Gail Kim says she knows she is a distraction. James Storm says he is happier than a fat gopher in soft dirt.
- A video package runs highlighting the NWA World Tag Team Championship Match tonight between America's Most Wanted and AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels. TNA points out that AMW have been the longest reigning NWA World Tag Team Champions in over 30 years. 8 months and a week is the record reign according to TNA.
NWA World Tag Team Championship Match
America's Most Wanted (c's) w/ Gail Kim vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
The match starts with James Storm and AJ Styles. Lots of back and forth between the two. Styles takes out Storm with a big dropkick and tags in Christopher Daniels. Styles and Daniels do a lot of tagging in and out. Chris Harris gets the tag and he exchanges a few reversals with Daniels. Daniels steps on the head of Harris taunting him. When Daniels stands over Harris, Storm comes in, Daniels gives him a drop toe hold and AMW fall on each other in a "69" to the laughter of the TNA fans. A loud "BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN" chant starts up. Storm accidentally pulls Harris over the top rope to the outside. Styles takes out AMW over the top rope. Daniels hits a big elbow drop over the top rope on Storm. Styles comes in and takes out Storm with a few knee shots. Styles slides through the legs of Harris on the ring apron and pulls Harris down to the ring apron his face. AMW come back and double team Styles on the outside. Daniels gets involved to make it even. Harris and Storm take control of the match brawling with Styles and Daniels on the outside. Styles crashes and burns over the steel barricade thanks to Storm. Styles gets thrown back in the ring with Harris who takes control. Storm is now the legal man and he takes out Styles with a few stiff kicks and knocks Daniels off the ring apron. More quick tags from AMW and Harris comes in giving Styles a big vertical suplex. Storm attempts the Eye of the Storm, Styles counters attempting a tag, but Storm drives Styles back into the corner. Styles hits a big Pele Kick on Storm in the corner. Daniels gets the tag and he takes out AMW. Daniels hits the BME on Storm, covers, Harris comes up, Daniels moves and Harris elbows Storm. Gail Kim tries to interfere, but a very tall woman hits the ring and gives her a chokeslam. The woman throws Kim out of the ring and carries her to the back. A near fall takes place when Daniels rolls up Harris. Another roll up by Daniels, but Storm launches a steel chair (very Sabu-like) to the face of Daniels. Styles hits an inverted DDT on Storm and a gutbuster on Harris. Styles misses a Spiral Tap on Harris. Harris takes out Styles with handcuffs, but Daniels pulls the referee out during the pinfall attempt. AMW attempts the Death Sentence, but Daniels breaks it up and hits Harris with a Death Valley Driver. Storm breaks up an Angel's Wings attempt. Daniels fights back and hits an Angel's Wings on Storm. Harris breaks up the pinfall. Storm accidentally hits Harris with a beer bottle. Daniels slams Harris down, Styles hits a Frog Splash and Daniels covers to get the pinfall.
Winners & NEW NWA World Tag Team Champions: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
After the match, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels celebrate the tag team title win. Daniels did a great job with the celebration making it feel really special. The fans were jumping around celebrating as well. Styles and Daniels go into the crowd and celebrate with the TNA fans in attendance.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Sting. Sting says it is great to be wrestling for the NWA World Title in a King of the Mountain Match (he said it was the first ever, someone really needs to catch Sting up on TNA history). Sting talks about the competitors involved such as Christian Cage, Abyss and Ron "The Truth" Killings.
- A video package rolls highlighting some moments in TNA from the last four years.
- Mike Tenay is in the ring with a mic. He says there were some highlights from the past four years in TNA and we are about to make another one. Tenay introduces the new public face of TNA Management...Mr. Jim Cornette. Don West mentioned the knee surgery that Cornette went through recently. When Cornette came out, he spun his cane around and lost it. Cornette took his time down the ramp. Cornette said finally he has return to pay per view. He said he just saw the match earlier and said to himself that is what tag team wrestling is all about. Cornette said he is here tonight because TNA is the new face of professional wrestling. He said he is sick and tired of looking at the old one. Cornette said he has been keeping his eye on things in TNA and how people said it wouldn't last for weeks or even months. But now we are here four years later. He said these four years have not been without problems and growing pains. Cornette said TNA is owned by a major corporation, but when they entered this project they had no wrestling experience. He said they hired certain individuals that brought politics and agendas to the table. Cornette said that is why he is here to fix things. He said he might not be politically correct, but he gets the job done and that is all that matters. Cornette said he is here for the TNA fans. He said he expects some guys in the locker room to step up big for him. Cornette said there are also some guys sitting on "big fat reputations" and that they need to do more. He said his job is to get the fans excited about the product, to get on their feet and chant TNA. Cornette tells the entire TNA staff, we have three goals: great matches, sell pay per views and strong ratings. He said if they can do that, they are on his good side and if they don't, they should explore work elsewhere. Cornette said it goes like this, for the fans, we want what is best, TNA will be the new face of wrestling and the new face will be success. He said he knows someone will want to try him. Cornette urges and invites someone to try it and hopes they have cab fair afterwards because they will need it when he kicks them out.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Scott Steiner. Steiner calls Samoa Joe a fat bastard and that his real name is Sloppy Joe. He says he has beaten Sting, Goldberg, Batista, Triple H, John Cena and numerous others. Steiner says he knows fat rednecks are watching this PPV tonight wanting Joe to beat him. He throws down Samoa Joe's new DVD saying it is crap. Steiner says tonight, Joe's win streak ends and he will kill him.
- A video package rolls highlighting Scott Steiner vs. Samoa Joe tonight.
Scott Steiner vs. X Divison Champion Samoa Joe
Don West says this is Samoa Joe's biggest challenge in TNA to date. The match starts with Scott Steiner taking out Samoa Joe quickly. Joe gets right back up on his feet quickly. Steiner tackles Joe and slaps him over the face. Steiner chops Joe a few times in the corner, hits a big hip toss and then slaps him some more. Joe then spits in the face of Steiner. Both start brawling back and forth. Joe hits some stiff kicks to the face of Steiner. Joe drops a big knee over Steiner and the fans chant "JOE, JOE, JOE." Steiner responds with a big overhead release belly-to-belly suplex. Joe responds with a face wash in the corner. When Joe backs up, Steiner rolls out of the ring to the outside. Joe then backs up and hits a suicide dive through the ropes taking out Steiner. Back in the ring, Steiner drops an elbow on Joe and taunts at him with a few push-ups. The fans chant for Joe and Steiner flips them off. Steiner hits another belly-to-belly suplex on Joe. Steiner then gives Joe a big powerbomb. Steiner attempts a pinfall, but Joe grabs Steiner and applies a quick armbar submission. Steiner gets his legs on the bottom rope to break the submission. Joe gets in some stiff rights on Steiner. When Joe charges at Steiner in the opposite corner, Steiner catches Joe and slams him back down into the mat in a move done by Joe in the past. They leave the ring and Steiner sends Joe into part of the Impact Zone. Steiner gets a steel chair, tries to use it, but the referee holds it back. Joe punches the chair into the face of Steiner. Steiner fights back and slams the steel chair across the face of Joe. It is announced that if both competitors don't hit the ring by a 10 count, the match will end. Steiner hits Joe one more time and hits the ring. The referee gets to 9 and Joe hits the ring. Joe takes out Steiner with a big boot and body splash. Joe then slams Steiner down in the corner. Both Steiner and Joe attempt clotheslines, but they dodge each other. Joe then applies his choke sleeper. Steiner finds a way to get to his feet and break it up. Steiner low blows Joe. Steiner drops Joe on his head with another overhead suplex. Steiner applies the Steiner Recliner on Joe. Joe finds a way to get to his feet and he keeps Steiner on his shoulder. Joe drops Steiner over the top rope and follows that up with a quick powerslam. Joe covers Steiner and gets the pinfall.
Winner: Samoa Joe
- A promo for the Victory Road PPV on July 16 is shown.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with NWA World Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage. JB says tonight is his toughest challenge when he defends his title in a King of the Mountain Match. Christian Cage tells JB Happy Slammiversary. They do a bad exchange. To make matters worse, Christian asks who the champ is and gets no crowd reaction. Christian says winning the NWA World Title is addicting and agrees that tonight is his toughest challenge. He points out how TNA became his property the second he showed up. Cage says show him Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and Ron "The Truth" Killings, because he will show them the reigning and defending NWA World Heavyweight Champion. He did get the crowd to finish his "that's how I roll" phrase.
- A video package rolls highlighting the King of the Mountain Match with the NWA World Title on the line involving champion Christian Cage, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and Ron "The Truth" Killings.
King of the Mountain - NWA World Heavyweight Title
Christian Cage (c) vs. Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Abyss vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings
With the "Tale of the Tape", Abyss is shown with the height advantage. They explain the rules and how you must hang the NWA World Title above the ring. Pinfalls and submissions are legal and if they take place you are sent into a penalty box. Jeremy Borash did the ring introducions for all five men. In the ring, The Truth took out Jeff Jarrett. Sting and Christian Cage double teamed Abyss on the outside. Cage eventually joined The Truth and they double teamed Jarrett. Cage does a dance at Truth. Truth smiles and they slap hands. Truth then takes out Cage. Cage took out Jarrett from the top rope to the outside. In the ring, Sting and Truth double team Abyss. Truth dives over the top rope and takes out Cage, Jarrett and Abyss. Sting stands on top of the penalty cage and dives off, taking out Cage, Jarrett, Truth and Abyss. Sting hits a Stinger Splash in the corner on Jarrett back in the ring. Truth gets in a missile dropkick on Jarrett, covers and gets the pinfall. Jeff Jarrett is now sent into the penalty box for two minutes. Cage brawls with Abyss. Truth tries to pull a ladder in the ring, but Cage catapults it into his face. Abyss comes in and goes after Cage. Cage then rolls up Abyss and gets the pinfall. Abyss is now sent into the penalty box for two minutes. As Abyss goes inside, Jarrett's time has expired and he hits the ring. Sting hits a dropkick on Truth. Jarrett pulls Cage out and drives him into the guard railing. Sting takes out Truth with a big elbow in the ring. Jarrett puts Cage inside a ladder and stands on top of it. We see Abyss' time expire and he joins Jarrett stacking four tables on top of each other. In the ring, Truth and Jarrett brawl and Sting and Abyss go over the top rope. Jarrett hits The Stroke on Truth from the ring apron to the guard railing. Jarrett covers Truth and gets the pinfall. Ron "The Truth" Killings is now sent into the penalty box for two minutes. Abyss and Sting brawl in the crowd as Cage goes after Jarrett in the crowd as well. Sting hits Abyss with a chair shot. Sting throws Abyss into part of the Impact Zone leaving an imprint. Abyss then sends Sting into the broken wall as well. Time expires and The Truth is out. Back in the ring, Truth is setting up a ladder in the middle of the ring. Truth has the title and goes up the ladder. Abyss comes in and knocks the ladder over. Abyss and Jarrett work together to knock out Truth, Sting and Cage with the ladder. Truth gets launched over the top rope when he jumped on the ladder. Sting and Cage hit a double dropkick on Abyss and Jarrett. Cage and Abyss go over the top rope. Truth sets up the ladder, climbs up again, but Abyss dumps him off again. Abyss throws the ladder into referee Earl Hebner. Abyss hits Jarrett with a Black Hole Slam, a new referee hits the ring and Abyss gets the pinfall. Jeff Jarrett is now sent into the penalty box again for two minutes. Abyss climbs up the ladder, but Sting pushes it over and Abyss crashes through the four stacked tables setup earlier! Stinger Splash on Cage and Sting applies the Scorpion Deathlock on Cage as well. Sting breaks the hold when Jarrett escapes the cage and tries to go up the ladder. Jarrett attempts a guitar shot on Sting, but Cage prevents it and Sting takes out Jarrett. Sting has the title, hands it to Cage and tells him to go up. Sting applies the Scorpion Deathlock on Jarrett. Larry Zbyzsko comes in and low blows Cage. Sting takes out Jarrett with a Stinger Deathdrop. Sting pins Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett is now sent into the penalty box for a third time for two minutes. Sting grabs the title, climbs up, Cage comes up with, stops Sting from hanging the title and referee Earl Hebner pushes the ladder over sending Sting and Cage over the top rope. The fans boo Hebner. Jarrett sets up the ladder, climbs up, fans are throwing bottles in the ring and Jarrett hangs the NWA World Title.
Winner & NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Jeff Jarrett
After the match, fans continue to litter the ring with bottles and garbage as Jeff Jarrett is announced as the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. As Jarrett heads up the ramp in celebration, he holds the NWA World Title high in the air. Referee Rudy Charles comes out and takes the NWA World Title away from Jarrett. Charles hands the title to Jim Cornette and Cornette holds up the title staring at Jarrett. Jarrett falls to his knees screaming "NO" looking at Cornette with his title as the PPV goes off the air...