Survivor Series PPV Results - 11/26 - Philadelphia, PA (New champs)
Reported by Adam Martin
On Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 10:49 PM EST
WWE Survivor Series PPV Results - 11/26/06
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole & JBL
Report By: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The WWE promo hits. A video package then airs highlighting Survivor Series tonight.
- A graphic opening then hits welcoming us to Survivor Series. We then go live to Philadelphia, PA where a display of pyro goes off in the arena. Michael Cole is the first to welcome us to the PPV tonight, noting it was the 20th edition of the Survivor Series. Cole and JBL pass it on to Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler of Raw and then they pass it on to the Spanish Announce Team. No ECW at ringside.
- Team Legends (Ric Flair, Ron Simmons, Dusty Rhodes & Sgt. Slaughter) w/ Arn Anderson defeated The Spirit Squad w/ Mitch in a 4-on-4 Survivor Series Elimination Match
. Arn Anderson and Mitch of The Spirit Squad were ejected early on in the match for interfering. Ron Simmons was eliminated when he was counted out for taking out Mitch to the back, then making it 4 on 3. Sgt. Slaughter was out next, making it 4 on 2 (Spirit Squad having the advantage). Nicky of The Spirit Squad was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes. Rhodes was the next one out, making Flair the last Legend left for his team. Mikey of The Spirit Squad was pinned by Flair. Kenny was out next, being pinned by Flair. Johnny was then the last eliminated when he tapped out to the Figure Four.
- A video package airs highlighting the events going into Chris Benoit vs. Chavo Guerrero tonight for the WWE United States Titles.
- Chris Benoit defeated Chavo Guerrero w/ Vickie Guerrero to retain the WWE United States Championship
. Very solid match between Benoit and Chavo. The finish saw Vickie get up on the ring apron, but was knocked off when Chavo kicked Benoit away who was attempting a Sharpshooter. Chavo then attempted a roll-up, but Benoit rolled through it and applied a Crossface. Chavo then tapped out to give Benoit the submission victory to retain the WWE United States Title.
- Backstage, Todd Grisham was with Lita and Edge. Lita reminded everyone she is still retiring after tonight. While Edge was talking, Cryme Tyme snuck into the room and stole some items behind their backs.
- Mickie James defeated Lita to become the NEW WWE Women's Champion
. The finish saw Mickie win following a big DDT on Lita to become the new WWE Women's Champion. After the match, Cryme Tyme came out with a box of "goodies" that they stole from Lita's locker room. Cryme Tyme sold some of her things to the crowd that included panties (that JBL bought for $100), Monistat and a vibrator as Lita threw a fit on the mic in the ring.
- An interview Michael Cole conducted with Batista aired. Cole asked Batista questions about his World Title Match tonight against King Booker, but Batista stared off and didn't say anything. Batista left the interview telling Cole that tonight, he will be leaving the World Heavyweight Champion.
- Team DX (D-Generation X, The Hardy Boyz & CM Punk) defeated Team RKO (Edge, Randy Orton, Johnny Nitro, Gregory Helms & Mike Knox)
. DX did a lengthy introduction and had CM Punk say the "are you ready?" part of the promo when the fans in Philadelphia chanted for Punk. Mike Knox was the first one eliminated following some Sweet Chin Music from HBK. Johnny Nitro was out next, tapping out to CM Punk's Anaconda Vice making it 5 on 3, advantage Team DX. Gregory Helms was out next after he took a Twist of Fate and Senton Bomb from The Hardy Boyz - making it 5 on 2. Edge was out next getting some Sweet Chin Music from HBK. Randy Orton tried to run away, but was brought back into the ring and took some Sweet Chin Music followed by a Pedigree from Triple H to be eliminated. Team DX wins with the clean sweep.
- A promo for WWE Armageddon on December 17 airs
- A video package airs highlighting the events going into The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy tonight in a First Blood Match.
- Backstage, Kristal was with Mr. Kennedy. MVP walked up to interrupt and said if he could beat Kane in a Steel Cage Match, he was confident Kennedy could bust Undertaker open tonight.
- Mr. Kennedy defeated The Undertaker in a First Blood Match
. Mr. Kennedy put himself over as the future of Smackdown before the match. Lots of solid back and forth action between Undertaker and Kennedy. Undertaker took out Kennedy with an impressive big boot on the outside and then with a superplex back in the ring later on. During the match, Kennedy started bleeding from his mouth, but MVP ran out and wiped the blood away with a towel. The finish then saw MVP come into the ring with a steel chair shot, the referee tried to take it away, MVP pushed him away and caught Undertaker with a steel chair shot. Undertaker was busted open after this shot. The referee saw this and called for the bell. Mr. Kennedy is your winner. After the match, Undertaker took out Kennedy with a sick steel chair shot followed by a Tombstone Piledriver.
- Backstage, Queen Sharmell was with World Heavyweight Champion King Booker. Booker said tonight will be the end of Batista.
- Team Cena (John Cena, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Kane & Bobby Lashley) defeated Team Big Show (Big Show, Test, Umaga, Finlay & MVP)
. Umaga was disqualified when he came into the ring and knocked out Cena's team with a TV monitor that was at ringside. MVP was out next after taking a chokeslam from Kane followed by a Five Star Frog Splash from RVD. Rob Van Dam was out next, being eliminated by Test. Test was the next eliminated after taking a big DDT from Sabu. Just as quick as that happened, Sabu was out next after taking a big chokeslam from Big Show. Kane was eliminated next after Finlay caught him with a shillelagh shot. This brought the match to 2 vs. 2 with Cena & Lashley against Big Show & Finlay. Finlay was the next out, with Cena & Lashley having a 2 on 1 advantage against Big Show. Cena & Lashley took out Big Show with a big double DDT. The finish then saw Cena take out Big Show with an FU to get the victory for his team along with Bobby Lashley.
- A promo for the Extreme Elimination Chamber Match at ECW's December to Dismember PPV next Sunday is shown.
- A video package airs highlighting the events going into King Booker vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Title tonight.
- Smackdown GM Teddy Long came out to the ring and got on the mic. Long announced that the World Title could change hands tonight via DQ or Count Out.
- Batista defeated King Booker to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion
. Match kicked off with Batista going after Booker in the entrance area right away. At one point, Booker left the ring and looked to walk off, but Sharmell reminded him he could lose his title if he gets counted out. Towards the end, Batista hit a Batista Bomb on Booker, covered, but Booker got his hand on the bottom rope. Batista then took out Booker with a flying tackle and spinebuster, but Booker continues to kick out after every pin attempt. Booker then comes back with the Book End on Batista, but Batista kicks out. The finish then saw Sharmell bring the World Title into the ring and hand it to Booker. Booker tried taking out Batista with the title with Sharmell distracting the referee, but Batista ducked, kicked Booker in the stomach, grabbed the title and knocked out Booker with it. Batista threw the title out, covered Booker and got the pinfall to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion.
After the match, Batista jumped up and down and fell to his knees celebrating his win. They show a few replays of how the finish took place. Back live, Batista is celebrating his victory with the fans in Philadelphia as the PPV goes off the air...