'Sports Illustrated' names the suspected 10 suspended WWE wrestlers Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
On Friday, August 31, 2007 at 3:44 AM EST
Although World Wrestling Entertainment made it clear in a public statement on Wednesday that they wouldn't reveal the names of 10 wrestlers they have suspended who were in violation of the company's Wellness Policy, Sports Illustrated has compiled a list of the 10 suspected wrestlers along with others.
Here is a rundown of those involved.
Three of the wrestlers on the list are now deceased. This includes Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Brian Adams.
* Chris Benoit: received nandrolone and anastrozole in February 2006.
* Eddie Guerrero: received nadrolone, testosterone and anastrozole two weeks before his death in November of 2005.
* Brian "Crush" Adams: received nandrolone, testosterone, and somatropin in December 2006. Adams was not employed by WWE at the time and hadn't worked for them in many years.
Another person on the list included Sylvain Grenier, who received somatropin, nandrolone, genotropin and stanozolol from February 2005 through July 2006. Grenier was released by WWE on August 13.
The remaining names on the list are all current employees of WWE (some being out of action with injury) and are believed to be the 10 wrestlers suspended by the company:
* Chavo Guerrero: received somatropin, nandrolone and anastrozole from April 2005 through May 2006.
* Shane Helms: received testosterone, genotropin and nandrolone from November 2003 through February 2007.
* Randy Orton: received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol form September 2004 through February 2007.
* John Hennigan (aka John Morrison/Johnny Nitro): received somatropin, anastrozole, testosterone, stanozolol and chorionic gonadotropin from June 2006 through February 2007.
* Ken Anderson (aka Mr. Kennedy): received anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone from October 2006 through February 2007.
* Shoichi Funaki: received somatropin in March 2006.
* Charlie Haas: received anastrozole, somatropin, stanozolol, nandrolone and chorionic gonadotropin from August 2006 through January 2007.
* Edward Fatu (aka Umaga): received somatropin between July and December 2006.
* Darren Matthews (aka William Regal): received stanozolol, somatropin, genotropin and anastrozole between November 2004 and November 2006.
* Adam Copeland (aka Edge): received somatropin, genotropin, andstanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007.
To view the full story by SI, click here.