ECW on Sci Fi Results - 8/15/06 - Washington, DC (RVD/Sabu - more)
Reported by Adam Martin
On Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 11:35 PM EST
ECW on Sci Fi Results - 8/15/06
Live From: Washington, DC
Commentators: Joey Styles & Tazz
Report By: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The show opens with highlights from last week when Rob Van Dam returned attacking Kurt Angle and Sabu.
- Paul Heyman is shown backstage with ECW Champion Big Show behind him. Heyman brings up that Kurt Angle suffered a groin injury at a recent ECW event and that he had no choice but to medically suspend him from competing tonight to protect him. He added that tonight it will instead be Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu in a #1 Contendership Ladder Match.
- The ECW open hits. We then go live to a shot of the crowd in Washington, DC.
- Mick Foley's music hits and he comes out. Clips are shown from Raw last night where Foley attacked Ric Flair. Foley gets on the mic and talks about inviting Ric Flair to ECW tonight and that the "word on the street" is that he won't accept it. He said Flair probably won't show up because he is trying to prepare for the big "I Quit" Match at SummerSlam this Sunday. Foley then talks about Flair calling him a glorified stuntman and how his spot being thrown off the top of the Hell in a Cell by The Undertaker was an example of that. He said not only was he thrown off the top of the cell, but he came back to take a chokeslam from Undertaker from the top of the cell down to the ring. Foley said he always came back from those spots because if he didn't, he wouldn't have been able to stand himself. He said his whole career has been about looking into a mirror and liking what he sees. Foley said on Monday morning, he might be disfigured and might not look pretty, but he is going to like what he sees after SummerSlam. He said he won't lose at SummerSlam because the letters I-Q-U-I-T are not in his vocabulary. Foley said since Ric Flair couldn't be here tonight, he promised something extreme. He then introduced Kelly Kelly and Melina to the ring. Foley said they were going to have an ECW Original - a Three Way Dance. Foley then proceeded to dance with Melina and Kelley Kelly to the "Buttons" song by The Pussycat Dolls. Ric Flair then came out and whipped Foley with his belt. Flair then chocked Foley with the belt and Foley started bleeding from the mouth. Flair got on the mic and said he would never quit. ECW referees and officials got involved to break it up.
- Up Next: CM Punk returns to the ring.
- Backstage, "The Reject" Shannon Moore is shown with his back turned to the camera. When the camera gets close, Moore turns around and says quote, "question authority."
- CM Punk defeated Justin Credible
. Before the match, a video clip was played in the corner of Justin Credible stating that Punk beating him two weeks ago was a fluke. Very slow action between the two. One spot saw Punk leap off the top rope and Credible caught him with his knee. Punk got the submission victory after a running knee to the face in the corner and a modified Rock Bottom into an Anaconda Vice that saw Credible tap out.
- A video package airs highlighting Rob Van Dam.
- Backstage, Rob Van Dam was shown sitting on top of a ladder. He said his last Ladder Match was at WrestleMania 22 when he become "Money in the Bank" and then went on to become ECW Champion. RVD said he wanted his belt back and that he won't let anything stop him. He said he has waited 30 days for this opportunity and is going to beat Sabu tonight to face Big Show at SummerSlam for the ECW Title.
- Backstage, Rene Dupree is shown modeling underwear. Dupree said he is the most beautiful man in sports entertainment and that he is the most hardcore wrestler in ECW history.
- Test & Mike Knox defeated The FBI (Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke)
. The finish saw Test knock out Little Guido with a big boot and then hit his spinning neckbreaker on Tony Mamaluke to get the pinfall. After the match, The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer ran out chasing Test and Knox out of the ring. The segment ends with Sandman and Dreamer staring down Test and Knox.
- A video package airs highlighting Sabu.
- A shot of the ECW World Title Match contract for SummerSlam was shown hanging above the ECW ring in the arena.
- Backstage, Paul Heyman was with ECW Champion Big Show and his security guards. Kurt Angle ran up and tried to jump Heyman. Angle then went after the security guards and then after Big Show. The security guards and more police hit the scene to hold Angle back. Big Show laughed at Angle and put his gold medal back around his neck. Angle nudged Big Show with his head and Angle was taken away. Big Show yelled out that he wanted to press charges, while Heyman screamed out that he would crucify Angle.
- Rob Van Dam's music hit and he came out slapping the hands of the ECW fans as we head to a commercial break.
- Sabu defeated Rob Van Dam in a #1 Contendership Ladder Match
. Lots of great back and forth action from Sabu involving a steel chair and the ladder. They missed a few spots here and there, but were able to recover nicely. Sabu sold a lot of his big offense on RVD great, especially after a missed Arabian Facebuster into the ladder. The finish saw RVD climb up the ladder, reach up, but Big Show ran out, hit the ring and grabbed RVD off the ladder. Big Show threw RVD over the top rope and RVD crashed through a table. Big Show kicked away the ladder and demanded officials lower the SummerSlam contract that was on a wire. Sabu then jumped up on the top rope, jumped and Big Show caught him. Big Show backed up when he caught Sabu and Sabu grabbed the contract to get the victory. It should be noted that this entire finish to the match was almost in slow motion and looked very bad.
After the match, a furious Big Show grabbed Sabu and chokeslammed him on top of the SummerSlam contract that was on a clipboard. Big Show also tossed RVD back inside the ring and gave him a chokeslam as well. Big Show left the ring as his music hit. The show went off the air with Sabu grabbing pieces of the contract, putting them in his mouth and doing his "point to the sky" pose as the show went off the air.