Full WWE Experience Results - 5/16/04 (Garcia/Dodgers, Judgment Day hype)
Reported by Adam Martin
On Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 9:51 PM EST
WWE Experience Results - 5/16/04
Hosts: Todd Grisham & Ivory
Report by: Adam Martin
- Welcome to Episode #3 of the WWE Experience. Your hosts are Todd Grisham and Ivory on location from Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York City. Ivory gives a brief history lesson, bringing up that George Washington was inaugurated in the same exact place in 1789. Grisham brings up that it was also the first place Congress ever met. Ivory wonders what the meeting would have been like if John Bradshaw Layfield was there. They hype the WWE Championship Match between Eddie Guerrero and John Bradshaw Layfield and The Undertaker vs. Booker T match at Judgment Day.
FLASHBACK TO SMACKDOWN: Booker T defeating The FBI (Nunzio & Johnny Stamboli) in a 2 on 1 Match, proving he was just as good as The Undertaker. Soon after, The Undertaker's gong hits. Booker leaves the ring and images of The Undertaker staring at him appear on three different areas of the SmackDown screens. The arena then goes dark and Paul Bearer comes out with his urn. Smoke fills the ring as The Undertaker sits up, staring down Booker T.
SMACKDOWN RE-BOUND: Hardcore Holly defeating Rico, Chavo Guerrero challenging Jacqueline to a match at Judgment Day for the WWE Cruiserweight Title with one arm tied beind his back and D-Von Dudley defeating Rob Van Dam.
LATER TODAY: Chris Jericho vs. Christian in a Steel Cage Match from RAW this past Monday night.
UP NEXT: Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin from RAW this past Monday night.
FLASHBACK TO RAW: Triple H taking on Shelton Benjamin, but Shawn Michaels breaks up the match attacking Triple H. WWE officials hit the ring and hold back Michaels, allowing Triple H to bail into the crowd. Eric Bischoff came out and announced that Michaels was suspended.
- Grisham and Ivory plug the big 20-Man Battle Royal tomorrow night on RAW. The winner gets a shot at Chris Benoit's World Heavyweight Title at Bad Blood next month in June.
- The Chris Benoit tribute video from RAW aired.
LATER TODAY: Eddie Guerrero looking for payback on SmackDown.
UP NEXT: Rene Dupree shows a lack of respect for the USA.
- A Mordecai promo aired. He debuts tonight at Judgment Day.
FLASHBACK TO SMACKDOWN: Rene Dupree giving a powerbomb to John Cena through the announce table on SmackDown two weeks ago. The promo that aired on SmackDown this past Thursday night aired with Dupree saying he would treat Cena worse than the defenseless Iraqi prisoners at Judgment Day.
LAST NIGHT ON VELOCITY: John Cena issuing a rap to Rene Dupree, saying quote, "You took your best shot at me and couldn't finish me off. I'm still standing, because I'm ready for more. And at Judgment Day, John Cena is ready for war. Wearing these colors (he was wearing army camouflage) is more important than it seems to be. You'll never understand what this title means to me. I'm a real soldier, fighting for the true blue, white and red. Only way you gettin' this title is if you leave me for dead. You see that ain't gonna happen because come this Sunday night, he will show his true French colors and not even show up to fight." Cena drops the mic as his music hits. He shows off the WWE United States Title and leaves the ring as the fans cheered loudly.
- Grisham and Ivory plug the WWE United States Championship Match between John Cena and Rene Dupree tonight at Judgment Day. Ivory wonders what would happen if a Frenchman were to win a United States title.
LATER TODAY: Randy Orton defending the WWE Intercontinental Title against Edge this past Monday night on RAW.
UP NEXT: Eugene's debut on RAW against Rob Conway.
FLASHBACK TO RAW: Eugene makes his WWE in-ring debut against Rob Conway. Eugene gets the win despite Eric Bischoff and William Regal wanting otherwise.
RAW ACTION: Kane telling Lita that she had one week to give him an answer, Trish Stratus playing a joke on Lita backstage, the announcement of Trish vs. Lita next week, Batista destroying Tajiri and Chris Jericho defeating Christian in a bloody Steel Cage Match.
UP NEXT: Randy Orton defending the WWE Intercontinental Title against Edge this past Monday night on RAW.
WWE REWIND: Edge defeating Randy Orton two weeks ago on RAW when Chris Benoit & Edge defended the World Tag Team Titles against Orton and Batista.
FLASHBACK TO RAW: Randy Orton defends the WWE Intercontinental Title against Edge. However, Ric Flair comes into play and decides the finish of the match. Edge goes to attack Flair on the ring apron, but Orton takes the advantage and rolls him up to retain the WWE IC Title.
- Grisham and Ivory plug the big 20-Man Battle Royal tomorrow night on RAW. The winner gets a shot at Chris Benoit's World Heavyweight Title at Bad Blood next month in June. They mention that although Edge lost his chance at becoming Intercontinental Champion, he has a shot at facing Chris Benoit for the World Title. They ponder that since both Benoit and Edge are World Tag Team Champions how that would affect both men.Lilian Garcia singing National Anthem at L.A. Dodgers Game
Garcia talks with David Ross of the L.A. Dodgers and asks him to sing with her tonight. Ross said he would put William Hung out of business. Both Garcia and Ross sing "She Bangs" in a joking manner. She asks L.A. Dodger Alex Cora who his favorite wrestler is. He says The Rock and wishes her good luck later today. Garcia thanks him and he mentions that up to 55,000 people would be watching her. Footage of Garcia singing the National Anthem was shown. She mentions how much fun it was and can't wait to do it for another game.
UP NEXT: Eddie Guerrero goes after John Bradshaw Layfield on SmackDown this past Thursday night.
- A promo hyping the WWE Championship Match between Eddie Guerrero and John Bradshaw Layfield this Sunday at Judgment Day was shown.
- Grisham and Ivory rundown a few more profile matches at Judgment Day: John Cena vs. Rene Dupree for the WWE United States Title and The Undertaker vs. Booker T.
- End of show.