Full WWE RAW Results - 4/12/04 - Chicago, IL (6 days before Backlash, more)
» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com » On Monday, April 12, 2004 at 11:11 PM EST
Full WWE RAW Results - 4/12/04 LIVE from: Chicago, Illinois Commentators: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- Highlights of Shelton Benjamin's countout win over Triple H from last week was shown. The attack from Evolution on Benjamin followed by the announcement of tonight's 8 Man Tag Team Main Event Match with all members of Evolution facing Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley and Shelton Benjamin.
- Backstage, Shelton Benjamin is with Eric Bischoff. Benjamin asks Bischoff if he knows what it's like to be left in a pool of his own blood like he was last week. Benjamin said Bischoff did nothing. Johnny Nitro said it was no big deal. Nitro, who was holding Mick Foley's barbwire bat, said it was no big deal. Benjamin said if Nitro didn't shut up, he would perform a giant enema with that bat. Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels and Mick Foley came into the room and calmed down Benjamin. Foley took his barbwire bat from Nitro and Michaels assured a big night tonight in Chicago.
In-Ring Segment: Is Cactus Jack back? Randy Orton attacks Mick Foley came out with his barbewire bat and informed the Chicago crowd to be "VERY, VERY, QUIET" because he was hunting Wandy's (or Randy's for you fans who don't know who Elmer Fud is). Foley said he couldn't use his barbed wire bat tonight due to regulations and said he probably won't be able to beat up Randy Orton tonight like he will at Backlash. Foley reminded everyone that he hasn't had a match on RAW in 4 years. He said, along with his great tag team partners, he plans on doing some romping and stomping Chicago style! Foley said he has no problem with tonight's Main Event, but did say he had a problem. He said he has been obsessed with the thoughts of what he will do to Randy Orton at Backlash as the days have gone by. He said he isn't sure if that is the person he wants to be although. He said although Randy Orton is a world class athlete, an Intercontinental Champion and a world class ass, he isn't sure if he wants to leave him a bloody mess. He said Orton is a good looking guy and he isn't sure if he would feel comfortable putting an end to that at Backlash. He said he does know somebody who would and his name is...Cactus Jack. Foley said if you don't know the difference, Mick Foley is a nice guy where as Cactus Jack is the most ruthless, heartless bastard to ever step foot in a wrestling ring. He said Mick Foley may be hesitant to put a barbwire in someone's face, but Cactus Jack isn't. Bottom line, Mick Foley has a conscience...Cactus Jack just doesn't give a damn. Randy Orton hit the ring with a steel chair and tried to knock out Foley, but Foley caught the chair with the barbwire bat. Orton slid out of the ring fast and sprinted up the ramp. Foley stared down Orton as he looked on from the top of the ramp.
- A graphic plugs tonight's 8 Man Tag Team Main Event involving Evolution vs. Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley and Shelton Benjamin.
- THIS WEEK ON CONFIDENTIAL: Sneak peek at the next WWE Diva's photoshoot.
Kane vs. Grandmaster Sexay (aka Brian Lawler) That's right folks. After a stint with NWA TNA, Grandmaster Sexay is back in the WWE (although no official contract statement has been made by WWE). Lawler got a pretty decent pop upon his return. The match started when Sexay attempted a lockup, but Kane knocked him back down. Sexay attempted two dropkicks, but Kane brushed off both and attempted a elbow on the ground, but Kane moved out of the way. Sexay hit a dropkick on Kane and only got a two count from a pin. Kane fought back with a big boot to the fact followed by a big side slam off the corner. Kane then hit a big Chokeslam and got the 1, 2, 3 for the win. Welcome back Mr. Sexay.
- Backstage, Trish Stratus was complaining to the WWE make-up lady about how she has been added to the Backlash match between Chris Jericho and Christian at Backlash. Eugene walked up and said hello to the makeup lady. Trish told Eugene that he should know who she is and gave him some hints. He called Trish a slut. William Regal apologized and took Eugene away. Christian walked up and told Trish not to worry about Eugene. He said he would take care of Jericho at Backlash and all she would have to do is pin Jericho 1, 2, 3. Christian hugged Trish and she complained that she wasn't a slut.
WWE REWIND: The Coach tripping up Tajiri last week in his match with Christian.
- The Coach's music hit and he came out to the ring with a man dressed in a black ninja suit. Coach got on the mic and said that you can't be mad at him for what he did last week to Tajiri. He said Tajiri got so upset that he challenged him to a match at Backlash. He said he would only accept his match if Tajiri could beat the black ninja he brought to the ring tonight.
Tajiri vs. Black Ninja w/ The Coach The match started with the ninja taking down Tajiri with a big sweep takedown. The ninja hit a few hard kicks to the gut followed by some hard rights and lefts. Tajiri fought back with some stiff kicks followed by his elbow leap off the ropes. Tajiri backed the ninja into the corner, but the ninja knocked him off and hit a superkick to his back. The ninja continued to kick Tajiri on the ground, threw him into the ropes, but Tajiri flipped over his back. The ninja charged at Tajiri, but Tajiri reversed into the Tarantula. The Coach broke it up on the outside and beat down Tajiri a bit who fell outside. The Coach threw him back in, the ninja went for the cover, but only got a two count. The ninja attempted a suplex, but Tajiri hit a big heel kick from behind. Tajiri then hit a big kick to the ninja's head, went for the cover and got the 1, 2, 3 for the win. Tajiri will now face The Coach at Backlash.
After the match, Tajiri unmasked the ninja and it turned out to be Al Snow, The Coach's broadcast partner each week on Sunday Night Heat. Tajiri celebrated as The Coach walked up the ramp with a concerned look on his face.
- Another plug for the big eight man tag team match tonight is shown.
- A promo for the Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton match at Backlash is shown.
DRAKENGARD HIGHLIGHT: Shelton Benjamin defeating Triple H two weeks ago on RAW.
- Backstage, Ric Flair (sporting a new Evolution t-shirt) is complaining about Shelton Benjamin with Eric Bischoff. He said Benjamin needs to be taught a lesson and asked for a match with Benjamin at Backlash. Bischoff agreed and they both shook hands. Flair went to leave the room, but when he opened the door Benjamin took him down. Benjamin beat down Flair on the ground and numerous WWE referee's broke up the confrontation.
- Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler plug the Triple Threat Match at Backlash between Chris Benoit, Triple H and Shawn Michaels for the World Heavyweight Title. In a backstage promo, Triple H puts over the first match at WrestleMania XX and how great it was. He said Benoit will try to prove to the world that he is more than just a one hit wonder. He said Michaels will try to prove to the world that he is still the icon. He said he will prove that the World Heavyweight Title still belongs to him. He said there is a reason that they call him The Game and there is only one diamond in the wrestling business...and you are looking at him.
- "Eyes Wired Shut" by Edgewater is plugged as the theme song for WWE Backlash and can be found on the soundtrack for The Punisher.
Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel: Lita, Trish Stratus Chris Jericho got on the mic and said Sunday at Backlash he will finally get the match he has been waiting for since WrestleMania XX. Chris Jericho vs. the creepy little bastard vs. the filthy, disgusting...you know the drill. He said he knows Trish is nervous about the match, but she shouldn't since it isn't the first time she has been in action with two men at the exact same time. He brought up how she said she likes it rough. Jericho said that word rough, or "ruff", rings a bell. Jericho rolls footage of Trish barking like a dog for Vince McMahon a few years back. He said everyone knows a female dog is a bitch and brought up how she is only in the match at Backlash because she lost a women's battle royal last week on RAW to his guest tonight, Lita. Lita comes out, but Trish attacks her from behind. Jericho leaves the ring as wwE officials break it up. Eric Bischoff came out and said if they wanted to fight so bad, it would be Trish Stratus vs. Lita right now. But first, a commercial break.
Lita vs. Trish Stratus We are back from commercial break and Lita is on the ground taking some hard kicks from Trish. Trish picks up Lita and throws her into the corner. Trish hits a few hard kicks as Christian makes his way down the ramp. Jericho looks on as Lita hits some hard rights to Trish, but Trish hits a big kick to the gut and a kick to the head. Trish goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Lita hits a monkey flip off the corner and Trish fights back with some hard rights followed by applying a headlock. Lita tries to fight out of it, but Trish throws her back down hard. Trish chokes Lita on the bottom rope as the fans chant "SLUT." Trish applies another headlock, Lita worms out of it and nails Trish's head into the corner. Trish attempts the Stratusfaction off the ropes, but Lita counters into a backdrop. Lita goes for the pin, but only gets a two count. Lita hits another monkey flip, snap suplex, clothesline and goes for the pin, but only gets a two count. Lita hits a clothesline in the corner and throws Trish to the outside. Lita jumps through the second rope and takes out Trish. Lita punches Christian when he tries to interfere and Christian pushes her back into the guard railing. The referee calls for the bell.
Winner: No Contest
After the bell rings, Christian hits the ring and Jericho follows after taking out Christian with a big elbow. Jericho then chases Christian out of the ring. Jericho and Trish are left in the ring and Jericho attempts to lock on the Walls of Jericho, but Christian breaks it up. Christian hits some hard rights followed by throwing Jericho into the corner. Christian holds Jericho so Trish can get some slaps in. Christian picks up Jericho and connects with the Unprettier. Christian picks up Jericho and hits another Unprettier. Jericho stumbles back to his feet and Trish nails him with a big kick. Christian and Trish left the ring staring down Jericho in the ring.
- Another plug for tonight's big main event is shown.
- A promo for the Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels match for the World Heavyweight Title at Backlash is shown.
- Backstage, La Resistance explain why they moved from France to Quebec City. They wanted to show the error in their ways so they decided to relocate. In the background, Eugene started messing around with the Quebec flag. William Regal apologizes and they leave.
In-Ring Segment: Johnny Nitro confronts Edge - Johnny Nitro comes out and gets in the ring. Nitro said as Mr. Bischoff's hand picked apprentice, he has a statement to make. He said three weeks ago his boss was attacked without warning by a man who calls himself Edge. He brought up the match between Edge and Kane at Backlash and how it was done to teach him a lesson for what he did. Nitro called out Edge because he had something to say to him. Edge's music hits and he comes out to the ring. Nitro said Edge thinks he has it all figured out. He brings up Edge's cast and how he is only using it as a weapon. He said he has a more serious injury and said he can't pull a fast one on Johnny Nitro. Nitro said if he tries to use the cast at Backlash, he will be suspended. Edge said he has been out of the ring for a year and he won't let a threat like that stop him. He promised "Johnny Jackass" that he would beat Kane this Sunday at Backlash. He said he may have been out of line by spearing Eric Bischoff and said he was hoping he could relay a message for him. Edge dropped the mic and gave Nitro a big spear.
- A promo for a new show called "WWE Experience" was plugged as debuting on May 2nd.
Sylvain Grenier w/ Rob Conway vs. The Hurricane w/ Rosey The match starts with both men locking up and Hurricane applying a headlock. Hurricane leaps over Grenier, turns around and strikes his Hurricane pose and Grenier falls down intimidated. Grenier throws Hurricane into the corner and hits some hard rights followed by bouncing him off the top rope. Grenier hits some hard knees to the gut on Hurricane followed by throwing him into the corner yet again. Grenier hits a low blow kick followed by a pin, but only getting a two count. Grenier throws Hurricane into the ropes and hits another big knee. Grenier picks up Hurricane and hits a big gut buster followed by the pin, but only got a two count. Eugene then came down to the ring with an Easter Bunny. He tried giving it to Conway, but he told him to leave. Eugene tried giving it to Grenier, but Grenier tore the head off. Hurricane came from behind and a big neckbreaker to get the 1, 2, 3.
Winner: The Hurricane
After the match, William Regal came down to the ring and took Eugene to the back.
- A backstage promo with Shawn Michaels was shown. He said many claimed the main event at WrestleMania XX was the greatest match in WrestleMania history. He said many asked how he thought he could possibly top that. He said he is the showstoppa and he will top that match. He said all involved were good, but the time has come to separate fact from fiction and only one man will get the win at Backlash and walk out the World Heavyweight Champion.
- A promo for the Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. Trish Stratus match at Backlash is shown.
- The SmackDown ReBound was shown highlighting the winner of the Kurt Angle Great American Award. Rob Van Dam vs. Booker T is plugged as taking place this week on SmackDown following Booker walking out on RVD last week on SmackDown.
- A video package highlighting some of Mick Foley's most hardcore moments in his wrestling career was shown. Randy Orton was shown backstage watching it with a concerned look on his face.
- Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler run down the card for WWE Backlash this Sunday on Pay Per View from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- A backstage promo with Chris Benoit was shown. He said his match at WrestleMania XX was no doubt the biggest of his career, the night he made Triple H tap out. He brought up how many people thought he was lucky. He said he doesn't believe in luck and at Backlash, he said it will be all about his hard work that he will still walk away World Heavyweight Champion. He said at Backlash...he won't need luck.
8 Man Tag Team Match Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley & Shelton Benjamin vs. Triple H, Ric Flair, Randy Orton & Batista The match starts with Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels. Both men lock up, HBK takes down Flair quickly and taunts him with a strut. HBK hits Flair in the corner and he does his famous nose dive to the mat. Flair fights back with some chops in the corner, but HBK counters and gets in some chops of his own. HBK tags in Mick Foley and Foley hits some hard rights on Flair. Foley hits a kick to the gut followed by a big running knee. HBK, Beniot and Benjamin all get a shot in on Flair as he walks by each. Benoit gets the tag and he hits some chops on Flair. Triple H gets the tag and Benoit taunts him with the tap out. Benoit hits some hard kicks in the corner, Benoit hits a big back body drop and Benjamin gets a cheap shot on Triple H. Benoit hits a snap suplex, but only gets a two count. Triple H fights back with a big knee taking down Benoit. Triple H attempts the Pedigree twice on Benoit, but Benoit counters into the Sharpshooter. All members of Evolution hit the ring and HBK, Foley and Benjamin soon follow. All eight men are in the ring brawling until all members of Evolution get tossed outside. HBK leaps over the top rope and takes out all members of Evolution.
We are back from the last commercial break and Triple H tags in Ric Flair. Flair nails Benoit's head off the corner and hits a few chops. Triple H gets in the ring without a tag behind the referee's back and soon tags in Batista. Batista takes down Benoit and Ric Flair gets the tag. Flair and Benoit exchange chops and Benoit leaps for a tag with Foley. Foley charges Flair in the corner and hits some hard rights. Foley nails Randy Orton off the ring apron and hits a big knee charge in the corner on Flair. Shelton Benjamin gets the tag, jumps off the top rope and takes down Flair. Triple H comes in and Benjamin backs him into the corner. Benjamin hits a big back body drop on Flair. Benjamin tried to go off the ropes, but Triple H pulled down the top rope and Benjamin spilled to the outside. Triple H threw Benjamin into the steel steps on the outside. Orton tossed Benjamin back in and got the tag. Orton went for the pin, but only got a two count. Orton hit a big standing dropkick and again got a two count. Benjamin and Triple H exchange punches in the corner, but Triple H hits a big spinebuster. Benoit broke up the pinfall as Triple H applied the abdominal stretch. Flair got the tag and hit a big chop on Benjamin. Flair hit some hard rights to try and open up Benjamin's stitches. Batista got the tag and hit a big gut buster on Benjamin. Benjamin hit a big spinning kick on Batista and tagged HBK in. HBK took down Orton, Flair and Triple H on the ring apron. Triple H and Flair hit the ring and HBK took out both men. HBK hit a flying forearm on Orton, but Batista nailed him before he could hit the superkick. Everyone spills into the ring again and some roll to the outside. In the ring, HBK hits an elbow on Orton off the top rope. Instead of hitting Orton with the Sweet Chin Music, he hits Flair. Orton then connects with the RKO on HBK and goes for the pin, 1...2...Benoit breaks it up with a headbutt off the top rope. Triple H throws Benoit into the corner. Foley attacks Triple H, but Triple H goes for the Pedigree and Foley tosses him over the top rope. Foley gets the mandible claw on Orton, but Batista makes the save. When the ring clears, HBK connects with the Sweet Chin Music on Orton to get the 1, 2, 3.
Winners: Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley & Shelton Benjamin
After the match, Benoit and HBK stare each other down. Triple H then comes into view on the ring apron between both HBK and Benoit. All three men stare each other down as RAW goes off the air...