Full WWE RAW Results - 4/26/04 - Topeka, KS (World Tag Team Title Rematch)
» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Monday, April 26, 2004 at 11:09 PM EST
Full WWE RAW Results - 4/26/04
LIVE From: Topeka, Kansas
Commentators: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler
Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The show started with a video promo showing the Chris Benoit vs. HBK match for the World Heavyweight Title being signed in two weeks. Triple H was then show upset about the announcement. Footage of Chris Benoit & Edge capturing the World Tag Team Titles by defeated Evolution was shown as well with Jerry "The King" Lawer pondering if Evolution was over.
- Chris Benoit & Edge vs. Ric Flair & Batista in a rematch for the World Tag Team Titles was announced as the Main Event tonight.
Victoria & Lita vs. Molly Holly & Gail Kim
Before the match started, footage of Molly & Kim attacking Victoria and Lita at Backlash was shown following the WWE Women's Championship Match. Victoria and Gail Kim started the match. Victoria hit a big clothesline followed by a standing moonsault. Molly got the tag and started choking Victoria with her boot. Molly applied a chin lock, Victoria fought back, but Molly took her down quickly by grabbing her head and slamming it back down hard. Gail Kim got the tag and countered a headlock by Victoria into a back suplex. Kim knocked Lita off the ring apron, allowing Kim and Molly to double team Victoria. Kim locked on an armbar while balancing on Victoria's shoulders when Lita broke it up. Lita got the tag, hit a monkey flip on Kim and knocked Molly off the ring apron. Molly came back in, but Lita took her down with a big head scissors. Victoria ripped off Molly's wig and Molly knocked her to the outside. Back in the ring, Lita hit a big DDT on Kim to get the 1, 2, 3.
Winners: Lita & Victoria
After the match, Molly attacked Lita with a big backbreaker. Kane's pyro then went off and Molly left the ring quickly. Kane walked down the ramp with a grin on his face. Kane grabbed Lita and threw her down. Lita tried to leave the ring, but Kane kept pulling her back in each time. Lita backed herself into the corner as Kane smelled her and tried to kiss her. Lita bailed and left up the ramp as Kane smiled. A shot of Lita was shown in the back. She ran into Matt Hardy and he said he saw it all as she tried to explain. Matt said he had a match with Kane later tonight and that he would pay for what he did to her last week. Matt hugged Lita, but Kane broke it up as he attacked him. Kane threw Matt around into numerous objects backstage. WWE officials broke it up.
In-Ring Segment: The Coach, Tajiri & Triple H speaks
We come back from commercial and The Coach is in the ring. He brings up how he is rare in that he is a Kansas native who is actually a winner. He requests the fans in Kansas treat him with respect or he will have no problem meeting them in the parking lot after the show. Tajiri's music hits and cuts him off. Tajiri says Coach isn't a winner, he is a liar. He said he wanted a rematch tonight on RAW. Coach denied it and said he wanted some chinese takeout instead. Tajiri gave Coach some stiff kicks and knocked him out of the ring. Garrison Cade came out and helped Coach up the ramp.
Triple H's music hit and he came down the ramp laughing at The Coach and Cade. Triple H got into the ring and clapped for Tajiri after what he just did. Triple H then gave Tajiri a low blow and threw him out of the ring. He said Tajiri was at the wrong place at the wrong time. HHH asked if someone could explain to him why Shawn Michaels gets a World Heavyweight Championship Match next week and he doesn't. He said the way he remembers it, HBK is the one who tapped out at Backlash. He said he saved HBK too many times to count and said Benoit should be defending the title against him. Tajiri then started to get back up on the ring apron and Triple H said that is just like Shawn Michaels, he doesn't know when to quit. Triple H grabbed Tajiri, but Tajiri spit the green mist in his face. Triple H moved around the ring grabbing his face.
- A promo for the new WWE Experience program on Sunday mornings was shown.
- Backstage, Triple H went into Eric Bischoff's office and asked why he would give HBK a World Title Match instead of him. HHH started talking to a plant instead because of the green mist in his eyes. Bischoff said he would him some revenge tonight as he would go one-on-one with Tajiri tonight. HHH told Bischoff he better give him a title shot later, but Bischoff left the room already.
Rhyno vs. Rob Conway
Before the match started, Eugene joined JR and The King at the announcers booth. The match started with Conway hitting a cheap punch on Rhyno. A big USA chant started as Rhyno locked up with Conway and he punched him out again. Rhyno fight back with a big back body drop and a belly to belly suplex. Conway threw Rhyno over the top rope, brought him back in the ring and hit a neckbreaker. As the match was going on, Eugene left the announcers booth and started doing cartwheels below as Regal joined JR & The King. Conway applied a headlock and Rhyno tried to fight back, but Conway took him down yet again. As the match was taking place, Eugene went near the ramp where the buttons for the pyro were. Eugene started pushing a bunch of buttons as numerous amounts of pyro went off behind him. This distracted Conway in the ring, allowing Rhyno to hit the Gore and get the 1, 2, 3.
After the match, Regal got Eugene and took him to the back as Conway looked on in the ring frustrated.
- Matt Hardy vs. Kane and Chris Benoit & Edge vs. Ric Flair & Batista in a rematch for the World Tag Team Titles was announced as taking place later tonight on RAW.
- Backstage, La Resistance complained to Johnny Nitro about Eugene interefering in all of their matches. Conway demanded a match with Eugene. William Regal and Eugene walked up. Johnny Nitro made a match between Conway and Eugene two weeks from now and told Regal to get him ready.
- Backstage, Chris Benoit & Edge talked about becoming the new World Tag Team Champions. Shawn Michaels interrupted, congratulating them and told Benoit to be ready for next week. Edge told Benoit to worry about HBK next week. Benoit said tonight they will drive the final nail into Evolution's coffin.
- Christian, alongside Trish Stratus and Tyson Tomko, came to the ring as RAW went to a commercial break.
YJSTINGER MOMENT: Tyson Tomko debuting and attacking Chris Jericho last week.
- In the ring, Christian brought up how he beat Chris Jericho at WrestleMania XX and embarassed him by stealing Trish Stratus away from him. He said even after that, Jericho was still a problem. So he went and got a problem solver...Tyson Tomko. Christian said his next goal is to have the World Heavyweight Title around his waist in the near future. He said with Trish and Tomko behind him, there is nothing he can't accomplish. Grandmaster Sexay's music hit, cutting off Christian.
Christian w/ Trish Stratus & Tyson Tomko vs. Grandmaster Sexay
The match started with Christian hitting some hard punches and kicks to Sexay in the corner. Christian choked Sexay on the second rope as Trish looked on. Sexay hit a front face flapjack followed by a quick kick to the head, getting a two count as a result. Sexay hit a big superkick on Christian followed by a missle dropkick off the top rope, but once again got a two count. Christian attempted an Unprettier, but Sexay countered and both men spilled over the top rope. Sexay threw Christian back into the ring, went up on the top rope, but Christian knocked him down. Christian picked up Sexay and connected with the Unprettier to get the 1, 2, 3.
After the match, Tyson Tomko hit a stiff kick to the face on Sexay. Trish came in and smiled with Christian. Chris Jericho's new countdown began followed by the pyro. All three looked on, but no Jericho came out. Christian sent Tomko up the ramp. Jericho came into the ring through the crowd, knocking Christian out of the ring and applying the Walls of Jericho on Trish. Tomko pulled Trish out of the move to the outside. Jericho taunted Tomko, Christian and Trish in the ring. Christian, Trish and Tomko left up the ramp as Jericho looked on.
- Triple H vs. Tajiri is up next.
Triple H vs. Tajiri
The match started with Triple H charging at Tajiri in the corner. Tajiri moved out of the way, but Triple H took him down with some big right hands. The crowd started to chant "YOU TAPPED OUT" at Triple H as he continued punching Tajiri. Triple H charged at Tajiri in the corner, but Tajiri lifted a leg and knocked him out. Tajiri went for a cover, but only got a two count. Tajiri picked up Triple H and hit some stiff kicks in the corner, again only getting a two count following a pinfall. Tajiri hit a big elbow off the ropes taking Triple H down. Both men spilled to the outside. Triple H threw Tajiri into the steel steps, but Tajiri countered by jumping up on them, turning around and smacking him across the face. The referee began to make the count, but Triple H came in before it ended. Triple H crawled in, Tajiri lined him up for a big kick, Triple H countered, kicked him in the gut and attempted a Pedigree, but Tajiri wormed out of it. Tajiri hit some more stiff kicks on Triple H, but Triple H fought back with a big spinebuster. Triple H threw Tajiri into the corners a few times, but Tajiri continued to fight back with stiff kicks. Tajiri hit a big sidekick when Triple H came off the ropes, going for the cover, but only getting a two count. Triple H applied an abdominal stretch, Tajiri countered into a submission of his own. Tajiri eventually got up on the top rope and hit a big dropkick taking down Triple H and the referee. Tajiri tried to spray the green mist into Triple H's face again, but he ducked and took out Tajiri with a big forearm shot. Triple H picked up Tajiri and connected with the Pedigree to get the 1, 2, 3.
Winner: Triple H
- A promo for the World Heavyweight Title Match next week between Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels in Phoenix, Arizona was shown.
Kane vs. Matt Hardy
Before the match started, Matt's music played and he didn't come out until a while later selling the attack from Kane earlier. The bell rang and Kane started to choke Hardy in the corner. Kane connected with some hard kicks followed by choking Hardy with this boot. Kane charged at Hardy in the corner, but Hardy lifted up his legs and caught Kane. Hardy fought back with some hard punches, but Kane took him down yet again. Kane hit two big chokeslams on Hardy and then lifted him on his shoulders looking to hit the Tombstone Piledriver when Lita hit the ring. Kane dumped Hardy off his shoulders and then grabbed Lita. Kane put Lita in the corner, whispered something to her and then kissed her. Kane smiled and left the ring as Lita attended to Matt.
Winner: No Contest
- Footage of the Next Generation Democratic Summit was shown with Victoria and getting comments from Hillary Rodham Clinton as well as other politicians. They all praised the WWE's work with the SmackDown Your Vote campaign.
In-Ring Segment: Lawler, Keibler, Harley Race, Orton & Benjamin
- Jerry "The King" Lawler was in the ring with a public service announcement. He said he wanted to talk about the importance of reading...especially with the new WWE Divas Magazine. A few photo stills were shown on the TitanTron from the new issue with Miss Jackie, Trish Stratus, Stacy Keibler and more. Lawler joked that he uses something on his body as a special bookmark. Stacy Keibler then came out and Jerry Lawler said someone in the crowd wanted to see her up close and personal. Jerry Lawler introduced a true legend and WWE Hall of Famer Harley Race who was in the front row.
Evolution's music hit and Randy Orton came out. Orton got on the mic and asked if he just heard the word legend being used. He said that label is being tossed around a lot lately. He said the only legend in the arena was standing in the ring. Orton told Race that he has accomplished more in his two year career than Race has in his entire life. Orton left the ring and walked up to Race. He asked Race if he was getting under his skin and said he was going to do to him exactly what he did to Mick Foley. Orton spit in Race's face and he swung a punch at him, but Orton backed up quickly. Orton taunted at Race to get in the ring when Shelton Benjamin ran out and took out Orton. Benjamin hit the big dive in the corner followed by a big clothesline. Orton left the ring quickly up the ramp as Benjamin stared him down.
- The SmackDown ReBound was shown.
- Backstage, Batista tells Ric Flair that Randy Orton would have killed another legend tonight if it wasn't for Shelton Benjamin. He said they would take care of him later, but tonight they would focus on winning the World Tag Team Titles back. Batista said he hasn't been able to sleep since last week and wants to inflict pain on both Chris Benoit and Edge. Ric Flair said the only thing he can say to that is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
- A promo hyping the WWE Championship Match at WWE Judgment Day on May 16th between Eddie Guerrero & John "Bradshaw" Layfield was shown.
WWE REWIND: Chris Benoit & Edge (with help from Shawn Michaels) capturing the World Tag Team Titles last week by defeated Ric Flair & Batista.
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Chris Benoit & Edge (c's) vs. Ric Flair & Batista
The match started with Chris Benoit and Ric Flair. Flair took down Benoit quickly and did the strut. Benoit backed Flair into the corner and hit some hard chops. Benoit hit a big back body drop on Flair. Flair fought back with a kick to the leg followed by a big chop to the chest. Batista got the tag and Benoit knocked him off the turnbuckle. Edge got the tag and started hitting some hard kicks to the gut. Batista threw Edge into the corner, Edge bounced off and Batista connected with a big clothesline. Flair got the tag, took down Edge with quick bump, but Edge fought back with a modified boston crab. Batista came in and broke up the submission. Flair missed a knee drop and Edge applied the Figure Four. Flair turned over to break it up as Edge tagged in Benoit. Both Benoit and Flair exchanged chops in the corner. Flair did his famous nose dive as he walked towards Batista for a tag. Benoit hit some more hard chops as Flair did another nose dive into the mat. Flair fought back with a rake to the eyes as Benoit tagged in Edge. Edge went after Flair in the corner, but Flair hit a low blow. Batista got the tag, Edge took him down with a quick clothesline and in comes Benoit who gets the tag. Benoit goes off the ropes, slides under Batista, hits some hard chops, Batista lifts him up on his shoulders, Benoit counters and hits a big back suplex. Edge gets the tag, runs at Batista going for a spear, but Batista moved out of the way. Batista rammed Edge in the corner and Flair took Edge's injured arm, ramming it on the ring post. Edge layed on the outside in pain as RAW went to a commercial break.
We are back LIVE on RAW and Batista charges Edge in the corner, but Edge lifts a leg knocking him out. Benoit gets the tag and hits some hard rights on Batista. Flair came in and got a big back body drop from Benoit. Benoit hit a snap suplex on Batista. Flair went up on the top rope, but Benoit slammed him back down. Benoit tossed Flair out of the ring and then hit three german suplexes on Batista. Benoit went up to the top, jumped and connected with the diving headbutt. Benoit applied the Crossface on Batista, but Flair came in and broke it up. Flair hit a knee on the back of Benoit's neck and then hit a few hard chops in the corner. Flair gave Benoit a hard irish whip into the corner. Batista got the tag and gave Benoit a big veritical suplex. Batista applied a half boston crab on Benoit. Flair got the tag and went for the cover three different times, but only got a two count each time. Flair hit a quick chop and another cover, but only two. Flair gave Benoit an inside cradle and yet again got a two count. Batista got the tag as Flair taunted Edge. Batista hit a big powerslam on Benoit. Flair got the tag. Benoit and Flair exchanged chops, Benoit got a quick backslide for a two count and Flair took down Benoit quickly. Batista got the tag as Benoit knocked him out with a big kick. Edge got the tag, taking out Flair and Batista. Batista gave Benoit a big spinebuster. Edge clotheslined Benoit over the top rope. Flair looked to apply the Figure Four on Benoit, but as he turned around Edge hit a big spear. Edge covered Flair...1, 2, 3!
Winners & STILL World Tag Team Champions: Chris Benoit & Edge
After the match, Triple H hit the ring and took out Benoit and Edge. Batista got a steel chair, but Shawn Michaels hit the ring and knocked him out with it. HBK hit Benoit by accident with the steel chair. Triple H grabbed HBK, but HBK threw him out. Edge came in the ring and grabbed HBK, asking why he knocked out Benoit. HBK said he didn't do it on purpose. Edge shook hands with HBK. As HBK turned around, Benoit locked on the Sharpshooter. Edge talked Benoit out of it and he let go of the move. Benoit stared down HBK who was on the ground in pain as RAW went off the air...