RAW Results - 11/15/04 - Indianapolis, IN (HHH defends World Title)
Reported by Adam Martin
On Tuesday, November 16, 2004 at 12:09 AM EST
WWE RAW Results - 11/15/04
Live From: Indianapolis, Indiana
Commentators: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler
Report By: Adam Martin
- The opening WWE promo starts. We join the show already in progress with La Resistance in the ring waving their flags. Sylvain Grenier gets on the mic and starts to sing "Oh Canada...", but Maven's music cuts him off. Maven gets on the mic and tells Grenier to hold up a minute. He welcomes everyone in Indianapolis to Monday Night RAW. Maven said thanks to his team's victory at Survivor Series last night, for the next four weeks while Eric Bischoff on vacation, it will be Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and himself running the show. He said since tonight is his night, he wanted to come out and give the crowd a taste of what they can expect. Maven announces that Edge & Christian will team up for the first time in 3 years against Shelton Benjamin & Chris Benoit. He also announces The Coach vs. Jim Ross, Christy Hemme vs. Stacy Keibler in a Lingerie Pillow Fight and himself vs. Triple H tonight with the World Heavyweight Title on the line. Maven said he didn't forget about La Resistance and said the World Tag Team Titles will also be on the line tonight in a three team elimination match right here, right now. Rhyno & Tajiri hit the ring followed by William Regal & Eugene.World Tag Team Championship - Three Team Elimination Match
La Resistance (c's) vs. Rhyno & Tajiri vs. William Regal & Eugene
The bell rings as Rob Conway and Rhyno start off the match. Both lock up and Conway hits a few forearms to the back of Rhyno. Rhyno counters and hits a few forearms of his own. Rhyno takes out Conway with a big shoulder charge and then works on him in the corner with some kicks and punches. Rhyno gives Conway a big back body drop and tags in Tajiri. Tajiri goes off the ropes and hits a big dropkick to Conway's face. Conway then rolls over and tags in Eugene. Eugene and Tajiri shake followed by exchanging a few holds on the ground. Both exchanged a few more pinning combinations, each resulting in a two count. Eugene hits a side healock takeover, applying a submission. Tajiri rolls out of it and applies a surfboard submission as we head to a commercial break.
We are back from commercial and Eugene is riding Tajiri like a horse around the ring. Tajiri comes back with some stiff kicks to Eugene's back leg. Tajiri tries to flip Eugene, but Eugene counters and lands on his feet. As Eugene moves around celebrating, Conway slaps him on the back, tagging himself into the match. Tajiri gives Conway some hard chops followed by a big elbow off the ropes. Tajiri knocks Grenier off the ring apron, but Conway comes back with a big clothesline. Grenier gets the tag and hits a few leg drops, getting a two count after two attempts. Rhyno gets the tag after Tajiri moved to the corner. Rhyno takes out Grenier with a big jumping clothesline followed by a big belly-to-belly suplex. Rhyno charges for the Gore, but Grenier moves out of the way and Rhyno crashes into the corner. Grenier covers Rhyno as Conway holds his leg down to get the pinfall. Rhyno & Tajiri are eliminated
. William Regal quickly rolls up Grenier, but only gets a two count. Eugene gets the tag and applies an armbar on Grenier. Grenier nails Eugene's head off the corner three times, but none faze Eugene. Conway trips up Eugene from the outside and then both Grenier and Conway take out Eugene with a double clothesline. Grenier rolls Eugene back in and applies a neck submission. Conway gets the tag and works on Eugene in the corner. Eugene responds with a Rock Bottom on Conway. Grenier gets the tag and Regal does soon after. Regal takes out both members of La Resistance quickly. Conway tries to use a flag on Regal, but it backfires and he takes out Grenier instead. Regal tags in Eugene and he gives Grenier the People's Elbow. Eugene goes for the cover and gets the 1, 2, 3.Winners & NEW World Tag Team Champions: William Regal & Eugene
After the match, Regal and Eugene celebrate with the World Tag Team Titles. Three young kids come in the ring and they celebrate with Eugene as well.
- A promo for WWE 24/7 On Demand is shown.
- Backstage, Maria is with William Regal. He said Eugene is cooling off a bit in the locker room. Regal dedicates his World Tag Team Title win to his father. Eugene walks up and pours chocolate milk all over Maria and Regal. He compares them to the Hart Foundation and the Legion of Doom. Regal takes out a cloth and starts to dry Maria off. Eugene comes up and stares at her body. Regal tells him not to look because he will go blind. Maria smiles and both Regal and Eugene leave continuing to celebrate.
- Backstage, Maven introduces himself to a woman. He invites her to drop by his office later tonight. Maven walks into his office and inside is Triple H. He asks if he can help him. Triple H said he can actually help him and offers himself something bigger - a membership into the most elite group in wrestling today, Evolution. Maven said he made his mind up and is keeping his title match. Triple H said ever since Randy Orton left Evolution, he has been looking for talent and has had his eye on him. He said he likes what Maven does, but asks him to be honest. Triple H said Maven has to be hurting inside after the beating he took from Snitsky last night. He said he might beat him tonight, but with the way he is feeling it is kind of a long shot. Triple H asks him if he is afraid. Maven said he will compete hurt tonight and isn't afraid of anybody. Maven said he has real friends that care about him. Triple H said really and asked him where his "friends" were when he got attacked by Snitsky last night. He said those so called "friends" will turn on him if he wins the World Title tonight. Triple H said it will always be about them and said the difference between himself and them is that he doesn't lie. He said everyone hates him because he tells the truth. Triple H said most people can't handle the truth and will always look someone in the eye and tell them like it is. He said Maven can have his title match tonight or he can take the sure thing by joining Evolution. Triple H says joining Evolution will be an investment and a sure thing for his future. He tells Maven to think about it, saying he looks sharp. Triple H leaves and said he would see him out there later tonight.
- WWE MONSTER JOB OF THE WEEK:
Lita attacking Trish Stratus last night at the Survivor Series. Trish is shown busted open from the attack.Lita vs. Molly Holly
The match starts with both locking up and Lita backing Molly into the ropes. Lita gives Molly a kick to the gut followed by a quick suplex. Lita holds onto the ropes as Molly misses a dropkick. Lita connects with a clothesline in the corner on Molly, but misses a second after Molly lifts her in the air towards the corner. Molly hits a suplex on Lita followed by applying a neck submission. Molly takes down Lita with some more kicks to the back. Lita takes down Molly with head scissors followed by a russian leg sweep for a two count. Lita jumps on Molly's back and applies a sleeper, forcing Molly to tap out.Winner: Lita
After the match, Lita smiles at Molly on the ground. Trish Stratus' music hits and she comes out with a face mask on. Trish said because of Lita, she has to wear this mask on her face. Trish comes down to the ring as Molly gets back on her feet. Lita gives Molly a DDT as Trish gets in the ring. Trish walks up to Lita and Lita slaps her in the face. Trish starts to complain about her nose as Lita leaves the ring, smiling at Trish as she heads up the ramp.
- RAW Interactive on WWE.com asks if you think Maven will join Evolution tonight. JR says the results of the question will be provided later tonight.
- The Coach is in the ring and tells Jim Ross to make his way down to the ring. The Coach tells JR that he will go down faster than Peyton Manning in a playoff game. JR stands up, takes off his suit and tie. The Oklahoma Sooner fight music hits as JR comes down the ramp. JR takes off his hat and gets into the ring. They start to circle the ring when Maven appears on the TitanTron. He said he meant to say that his opponent tonight does have the letter R in his first name and that the J is silent. Randy Orton's music hits and Orton hits the ring. The Coach bails the ring and jumps over the ring barricade. Orton stares him down and throws him back to the outside. Orton throws him into the ring and the bell rings.Randy Orton vs. The Coach
Orton props Coach up on the top rope and starts to move the rope up and down. Coach falls back onto the mat with big impact. Orton grabs Coach by the mouth and threatens to punch him, but Coach backs out of it worried. Orton takes out Coach with an uppercut and signals for the RKO. Coach gets back on his feet, Orton jumps high in the air and connects with the RKO for the win. Winner: Randy Orton
After the match, Orton walks up the ramp smiling at The Coach in the ring.
- Backstage, Todd Grisham is with Edge and Christian. Grisham reminds them that it has been three years since they last tagged together. Edge said since then, he has written his own book and should be competing for the World Heavyweight Title instead of being in a tag match. Christian said he doesn't like this anymore than he does and that he might want to jot down a few notes. He said the last time Captain Charisma was in a tag team match, he pinned Shawn Michaels. He tells Edge to stay out of his way. Edge said if the fans want to see a five second pose, he will give them one. He counts down from five and starts to give the middle finger when a graphic cuts showing that Edge & Christian will face Chris Benoit & Shelton Benjamin next.
- Backstage, Randy Orton comes up and thanks Maven for the match with The Coach earlier. He asks Maven what he feels about getting a shot at the World Heavyweight Title tonight. Maven said he isn't sure. Orton asked if he was thinking about joining Evolution. Orton said he made that mistake before and told Maven not to do it. Maven said he questions Orton's motivations since if he becomes World Champion, he will be back in the running again. Maven walks away as Orton stares him down.Edge & Christian vs. Chris Benoit & Shelton Benjamin
The match starts with Benoit and Christian. Christian gets in a cheap shot, but Benoit comes back with a knee to the gut. Benoit hits a few hard chops on Christian and then irish whips him with force into the opposite corner. Benjamin gets the tag and throws Christian in the air, allowing him to fall back down on the mat with impact. Edge gets the tag after Christian crawls to the corner. Edge hits some hard rights on Benjamin and then taunts Benoit. Edge gives Benjamin a big suplex followed by a quick clothesline. Christian gets the tag and tries to give Benjamin a monkey flip, but Benjamin lands on his feet and gives Christian a big powerslam for a two count. Edge gets the tag soon after and Benjamin gives him facebuster. Benoit gets the tag and Edge rolls out of the ring. Christian gets off the ring apron and argues with Edge on the outside. Benoit and Benjamin both do a baseball slide, knocking out Edge and Christian on the outside as we go to a commercial break.
We are back from commercial and Edge gets a two count on Benjamin. During the break, Edge tossed Benjaming over the top rope followed by Tyson Tomko taking out Benjamin with a big clothesline on the outside. Back live, Edge applies an armbar on Benjamin. Benjamin rolls out of it, but Edge takes him down with a big boot soon after. Christian gets the tag as both Edge/Christian give Benjamin a double hip toss. Christian works on Benjamin's left arm and then taunts at Benoit. This distracts the referee, allowing Edge to ring the arm of Benjamin over the second rope. Christian applies another submission on Benjamin's left arm, Benjamin fights back, but Christian takes him down with a quick armbar. Edge gets the tag. Edge gets down on all fours, Christian jumps off his back, but Benjamin moves out of the way. Benjamin knocks out Edge and tags in Benoit. Benoit gives Christian a big back suplex followed by pulling Edge into the ring, landing some hard rights. Christian breaks it up quickly, but Benoit gives him three german suplexes. Tomko gets a cheap shot in on Benoit, Edge goes for the Spear and hits Tomko instead. Benoit gives Edge three german suplexes and signals for the end. Christian prevents Benoit from going up to the top. Benjamin gives Christian the T-Bone Suplex followed by Benoit hitting a headbutt off the top rope. Benoit applies the Crossface on Christian and he tapes out soon afterwards.Winners: Chris Benoit & Shelton Benjamin
After the match, Benoit and Benjamin walk up the ramp staring down both Edge and Christian. Edge walks around the ring upset following the loss. Christian is on the ground trying to recover. Edge slaps Christian on the back of the head and then starts to kick him on the ground. Edge picks up Christian and launches him into the ring post. Edge gets in Christian's face and tells him it is all his fault.
- Backstage, Maven is on the phone talking about his big decision. Ric Flair walks in and says he has a big decison to make tonight. Flair gives him some incentive and two ladies walk in the room. They are all over Maven as we head to commercial.
- Christy Hemme vs. Stacy Keibler in a Lingerie Pillow Fight Match is up next.
--COMMERCIAL BREAK--Lingerie Pillow Fight Match
Christy Hemme vs. Stacy Keibler
The match starts with both women disrobing and the match starts. They both toss pillows at each other. Stacy gets in a few shots on Christy as some feathers fly across the ring. Christy responds with a few shots of her own. Stacy gets in a big shot that knocks Christy onto the bed. Stacy slaps Christy on the ass. Christy then knocks Stacy off the bed and uses it to pin her. Winner: Christy Hemme
- Backstage, Triple H is watching the match. He said Christy is hot and would love to fluff her pillows. Batista comes up and asks why Triple H would give Maven a spot in Evolution. He asks Triple H if he thinks Maven will beat him tonight for the World Title. Triple H said Maven doesn't have a chance and asks Batista if he would rather face himself or Maven. He said the whole locker room wants Maven to win because he is an easy target. Batista said he still doesn't get it and has a serious look on his face. Triple H said the worst possible thing is Batista trying to think. He smiles and tells Batista to lighten up. Triple H walks away as Batista stares him down.
- Results of the RAW Interactive poll so far: 64% feel Maven won't join Evolution tonight, while 36% feel he will. In-Ring Segment: Simon Dean's "Simon System"
Simon Dean apologizes for his comments in the past few weeks. He said you can't stop denying the truth however as everyone could use the Simon System. Dean said America's heartland is in danger of having a heart attack. Dean introduces a man named Eric who is in the ring with him. He says the good news is that the Simon System can save his life. Dean gives Eric a bite of one of his protein bars. Eric has a look of disgust on his face after eating the protein bar. He said this is the first time probably in Eric's life that he refused to eat something put in front of his face. Rosey's music hits and gets in the ring. Dean says he wasn't talking about Rosey earlier. He said he is just a big guy. Dean stops himself and finally admits that Rosey is plain fat. He said if he was as fat as him, he would hide behind a mask too. Dean gives him a protein bar and Rosey shoves it in his mouth. Rosey throws him in the corner, charges, but Dean pulls the fan in his way. Dean throws the protein powder in Rosey's face and leaves the ring. Dean taunts at Rosey as he heads up the ramp.
- SmackDown ReBound:
Highlights of Carlito Caribbean Cool defeating John Cena for the WWE United States Title upon his WWE debut a few weeks ago. They show highlights from Survivor Series where Cena chased Carlito out of the arena along with Jesus. Long then announces that John Cena will face Carlito Carribean Cool this Thursday on SmackDown for the WWE United States Title.
- "Ugly" by The Exies plays. Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler plug the new CD is available on November 30.
- Backstage, Maven is with the two ladies. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho come in. Maven has his gear on and they ask him his decision. He said he went over it a dozen times in his head and still isn't sure. Jericho said Maven would be selling his soul if he joined Evolution. Maven asked them where they were when he was attacked by Snitsky. Jericho told him not to listen to Triple H because he was a liar. He tells Maven to make the right decision. Maven stops Benoit and asks him if he thinks Jericho is right. Benoit asks him how long he has been wrestling. Maven said 3 1/2 years. Benoit said if he gets a World Title shot, he should take it because he sacrificed a lot to get that shot after his long years in the business. Benoit slaps Maven on the chest to try to pump him up.
- WWE REWIND:
Randy Orton getting the pin over Triple H last night at the Survivor Series with the RKO.
- WrestleMania Recall:
Shawn Michaels defeating Bret Hart in the 1996 Iron Man Match to become the new WWF Champion.
- A shot of a small grocery store is shown. Muhammad Hassan comes on the screen. He said before 9/11, Arab Americans were successful in life and were not looked down upon. Hassan said after 9/11, people like Akbar (who owns the store) is forced to close his doors because of the prejudice towards him. He said if they have to, they will beat the prejudice out of the fans. His manager Khosrow Daivari translates as the segment ends.World Heavyweight Championship Match
Triple H w/ Ric Flair & Batista (c) vs. Maven
Before the match starts, Triple H gets on the mic and tells Maven that now is the time. He said Maven can either have the match tonight or make the right decision. Triple H said you are either with us or against us...the choice is his. He hands over the mic to Maven. Maven said he thought long and hard about this decision. He said he is only down with one thing and that is becoming the new World Heavyweight Champion. The referee grabs the World Title and displays it as the bell rings.
Triple H calls up Ric Flair and Batista into the ring. Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit then make their way down the ramp and watch on from ringside. Both Triple H and Maven lock up and Triple H takes down Maven with a shoulder charge. Maven takes out Triple H with a dropkick to the outside. Jericho and Benoit throw Maven in, Maven goes for the pin, but only gets a two count. Triple H irish whips Maven into the corner, Maven catches him with an elbow, Maven goes up to the top, but Batista knocks him off. The referee sees this and kicks Batista to the back. Flair gets in the ring and gets in the referee's face. He kicks Flair out as well. Maven gets in some right hands on Triple H to continue the match. Triple H takes him down with a jumping knee soon afterwards. Triple H hits a big spinebuster, Triple H goes for the cover, but Jericho breaks up the pin. Triple H then applies an abdominal stretch and Maven counters into one of his own. Triple H leaves the ring and confronts Benoit. Triple H pulls Maven to the outside, tries to throw him into the ring post, but Benoit stops it and throws Triple H into the steel steps. Both Triple H and Maven get back in the ring after the referee confronts Benoit. Maven hits a jumping shoulder block on Triple H, but Triple H responds with a knee to the face. Triple H tries to go off the ropes, but Benoit trips him up. Triple H turns around and Maven knocks him out with a spinning heel kick. Maven connects with a DDT and then goes up to the top rope. Maven jumps and connects with a bulldog off the top for a two count. Maven once again goes up to the top, but misses a cross-body attempt. Triple H goes for the Pedigree, but Jericho knocks out Triple H with a bulldog followed by a Lionsault as Benoit distracts the referee. Maven crawls over, gets one arm across Triple H's chest, but only gets a two count. Triple H then hits the Pedigree, goes for the cover, but Jericho put Maven's foot on the bottom rope. The referee sees this and ejects Jericho from the ringside area. As the referee kicks out Jericho, Benoit comes in and gives Triple H a german suplex followed by a headbutt off the top rope. Maven crawls over again, gets an arm over Triple H's chest - 1...2...kick out. Edge then comes into the ring through the crowd, but takes out the referee with a Spear. Jericho and Benoit take out Edge in the corner. Batista hits the ring and takes out Jericho to the outside. Flair is back at ringside and gives Triple H the World Title. Randy Orton comes out, knocks out Flair and then knocks out Triple H with the World Title. Maven covers Triple H - 1...2...Flair pulls the referee out. Orton runs back down and takes out Flair. Gene Snitsky runs out and takes out Randy Orton. Snitsky gets in the ring and gives Maven a big boot. Snitsky stares down Triple H and then leaves the ring. Triple H picks up Maven, connects with the Pedigree, hooks the leg - 1...2...3.Winner & STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Triple H
After the match, Triple H falls to the outside with the World Title in hand. He crawls up the ramp staring down Maven, Benoit, Jericho and Randy Orton (who is busted open from his nose) in the ring. RAW goes off the air with JR wondering who will control the show next week...MATCH RESULTS:
* William Regal & Eugene defeated La Resistance & Rhyno/Tajiri in a Three Team Elimination Match to become the new World Tag Team Champions.
* Lita defeated Molly Holly.
* Randy Orton defeated The Coach.
* Chris Benoit & Shelton Benjamin defeated Edge & Christian.
* Christy Hemme defeated Stacy Keibler in a Lingerie Pillow Fight Match.
* Triple H defeated Maven to retain the World Heavyweight Title.