» On Monday, December 6, 2004 at 11:14 PM EST WWE RAW Results - 12/6/04
Live From: Charlotte, North Carolina
Commentators: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler
Report By: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The opening WWE promo hits. Followed by this, a picture of GM for the night Chris Jericho is shown. We go to a live shot of the arena and Jericho is on the mic. He welcome us to RAW is Jericho. Pyro goes off from all four corners. Jericho says tonight is his show and he said in a matter of minutes, he will get down to the topic everyone has been talking about - who is the real World Champion. Is it Edge or Chris Benoit? Jericho said tonight will be the biggest party in the history of WWE. He said no great party would be complete with everyone getting laid. A bunch of Hawaiian leis fall from the arena and fans put them on. Jericho said everyone gets laid at Chris Jericho's party. He said he wants to get "laid" and gets one from a woman in the crowd. He then announces the WWE Women's Title Match later tonight between Trish Stratus and Lita and introduces his band Fozzy who is playing at the top of the ramp. Jericho then shows footage from RAW last Monday night during the finish between Chris Benoit and Edge. The finish is shown from three different angles. Jericho said as you can see, no one knows who the real World Champion is. He said only one man can make the wise decision regarding the World Title and that is his guest tonight...Vince McMahon. Vince McMahon comes down the ramp with the World Heavyweight Title over his shoulder and gets into the ring. McMahon gets on the mic and said he knows everyone saw the footage. He said it is pretty obvious to him after seeing the footage that Chris Benoit's shoulders were down for the count of three. He said it is also obvious that Edge tapped out during the count of three. McMahon said traditionally it would be a tie, but he doesn't like those. He said when two people cancel each other out, neither would be named the World Champion.
Triple H's music hits and he appears at the top of the ramp. Triple H comes to the ring and smiles at Vince. Vince tells Triple H that he doesn't like being interrupted. He said he only has one word in mind for Triple H and that is congratulations. Vince said you are looking at a best selling author and plugs the release of his new book. He also congratulates him on the release of the new "Blade: Trinity" movie starring Triple H. Triple H grabs the World Title off the shoulders of Vince and Vince takes it back. He said he never named him World Champion or anyone yet. Vince announces that he won't get involved with this situation and will instead give the problem to Eric Bischoff when he comes back next week. He said as far as he is concerned, the World Title is vacated and announces that Triple H is no longer the World Heavyweight Champion. McMahon leaves the ring with the World Title as Triple H stares him down.
- Backstage, Triple H is with Ric Flair and Batista. He is knocking stuff over furious about Vince McMahon's decision. Batista tells him to calm down. Triple H said he can't calm down and shows his anger the way he does. Batista said he shows his anger in a different way. Triple H insults Batista about getting knocked out by Randy Orton last week. Batista said it was him who interfered and helped Triple H when the Crossface was locked on him. Batista walks away as Triple H stares him down furious.
- Backstage, Chris Jericho is in his GM room with some ladies. Christian comes up and he confronts him about a bag. Inside the bag is a costume and Christian said he won't wear it. Jericho said he is Captain Charisma and said he has to wear the outfit if he wants another shot at Shelton Benjamin's Intercontinental Title. Chris Benoit walks up and Jericho tells him he knows he is upset about the situation with the World Title. Benoit said he will be more happy when he finds out what Eric Bischoff will do about it next week. Jericho announces Triple H & Batista vs. Chris Benoit & himself later tonight.
- JR & The King plug the WWE Women's Title Match between Trish Stratus & Lita later tonight.
- WWE BODY SLAM OF THE WEEK: Maven attacking Eugene last week on RAW.
Eugene w/ William Regal vs. Maven
Before the match starts, Maven extends his hand to Eugene. Maven and Eugene shake hands as William Regal looks on. The bell rings and both lock up as Regal leaves the ring. Eugene snapmares Maven quick and gets a quick cover for a two count. Eugene applies an overhand wrist lock then wraps his leg around Maven, rolling across the ring. Maven smiles after this takes place. Maven goes off the ropes and pretends to be tripped up by William Regal. Maven tells the referee what happened and Regal gets kicked out from the ringside area. Eugene gives Maven a quick rollup and Maven kicks out. Maven congratulates Eugene, but then kicks him hard in the knee. Maven dropkicks Eugene to the corner and then sets him up, working on his knee with some hard kicks. Maven starts to choke Eugene with his boot, the referee counts to five and Maven doesn't let go as the bell rings.
Winner via DQ: Eugene
After the match, Maven keeps choking out Eugene when William Regal hits the ring. Regal chases out Maven and checks on Eugene. Maven grabs one of the World Tag Team Titles and knocks out Regal with it. Maven puts his hands up in the air and smiles at the crowd as we head to a commercial break.
- The current standings for the RAW Interactive board is shown from WWE.com.
- In the ring, Chris Jericho is with two ladies and then introduces the rest of the RAW Divas (Christy Hemme, Stacy Keibler, Melina, Candice and Maria). The Limbo Contest officially begins as Fozzy plays in the background. Another blonde woman joins the contest. Candice is the first eliminated. Melina is the second eliminated. The blonde haired woman is the third eliminated. Stacy Keibler is the fourth eliminated. Maria is the fifth eliminated. Your winner is Christy Hemme. Jericho asks the fans if they want to see them dance. Jericho then runs up the ramp and starts singing with Fozzy. The lights go out in the arena and Khosrow Daivari appears on the screen. He begins speaking for Muhammed Hassan. Hassan asks how it feels to have a nice, normal, fun time and then in an instant, your world changes. He said it has felt that same way for the past three years for Arab Americans since 9/11. Hassan said he will be making his debut next week on RAW and announces that the party is over.
- WWE REWIND: Simon Dean attacking The Hurricane two weeks ago on RAW.
- Simon Dean comes out to the ring and gets on the mic. He said tonight he wanted to talk to the crowd about his Simon System, but said GM Chris Jericho would only allow that if he competed in his first ever wrestling match. The Hurricane's music hits, cutting off Dean.
Simon Dean vs. The Hurricane
The match starts with Dean getting on all fours, allowing Hurricane to make the first move. Hurricane rolls him up for a two count followed by a firemans carry. Hurricane gives Dean a drop toe hold and then backs him into the corner. Dean fights back with a cheap shot followed by a backbreaker. The crowd starts to chant "SIMON SUCKS" as Dean gives Hurricane a scoop slam followed by a few elbows. Dean applies a choke hold and then checks his pulse. Hurricane fights back with a cross-body, but Dean fights back with a forearm to the back. Hurricane fights back with a few elbows to the gut followed by a clothesline. Hurricane takes down Dean with a head scissors and lands a quick uppercut. Hurricane connects with a reverse neckbreaker, goes for the Shining Wizard, Dean ducks and rolls up Hurricane holding on to the tights for the 1, 2, 3.
Winner: Simon Dean
- They plug the WWE Women's Title Match once again later tonight.
- Backstage, The Coach is with Randy Orton. Orton said he is pleased concerning Vince McMahon's announcement of stripping Triple H of the World Title because he can now compete for the title once again. Orton said he knows why The Coach is upset, he still can't get laid.
Edge's music hits and he comes to the ring as Orton looks on from the back. Edge gets on the mic and said he came here tonight ready to defend his World Heavyweight Title. He said he can't believe the "holy grail" of wrestling is being held up until Eric Bischoff decides what he wants to do with it next week. Edge said that is a crime against himself and calls the fans a disgrace for being okay with that. He said last week he won the Battle Royal and that everyone knows Benoit's feet hit first. Edge said in his first ever World Title Match, he won and didn't tap out despite the fans chanting otherwise. He said he pinned Chris Benoit 1, 2, 3 in the middle of the ring. Edge said the World Championship was his, it was in his hands and he was screwed yet again when it was taken away. He said he blames one person for that and that person is...Randy Orton. Edge said Orton could have done the right thing by putting him in a match with Triple H. He said instead, Orton made it a TripleThreat. Edge said it isn't his fault that his run as World Champion was a failure. He calls out Orton to the ring. Orton's music hits and he gets in the ring.
Orton gets on the mic and said he could have made it a one-on-one match. He said he came down personally to stop interference from Evolution. Orton said he shouldn't blame him, he should blame himself. Edge calls him sharp and knew he would say something like that. Orton said oh yeah and said unlike him, at least he has been World Champion. He calls Edge afailure. Edge reminds Orton that he ended his 8 month reignas Intercontinental Champion. He calls Orton his bitch. Orton and Edge start to brawl as referee's and road agents hit the ring to break it up. Edge continues to get free and attack Orton. Orton is removed from the ring and taken up the ramp as Edge is held back in the ring.
- Footage from Triple H in the new "Blade: Trinity" movie is shown.
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Shelton Benjamin (c) vs. Captain Charisma (aka Christian)
The stipulation of this match was that in order for Christian to get a title shot, he had to wear a "Captain Charisma" suit that included a mask and yellow gloves. The match starts with Benjamin lifting Christian in the air and slamming him back down hard. Christian attempts a monkey flip from the corner, but Benjamin lands on his feet. Benjamin connects with a jumping clothesline off the top rope and gets a two count. Tomko interferes when Benjamin comes off the ropes, allowing Christian to land a quick neckbreaker for a two count. Christian bounces Benjamin off the top rope and then applies an abdominal stretch. Benjamin hits a cross-body off the ropes for a two count. Christian irish whips Benjamin into the corner, charges, but misses a big charge when Benjamin moves out of the way. Christian goes up to the top, misses a sledgehammer when Benjamin gives him a big fist to the gut. Benjamin gives Christian a quick russian leg sweep, goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Benjamin counters a catapult from Christian in the corner, hits a sunset flip off the top rope, but once again gets a two count. Christian hits a quick powerbomb off the top rope on Benjamin. Tomko throws the IC Title into the ring. Christian picks it up, charges, Benjamin gives him a shot to the face with his boot, the referee kicks it out and while his back is turned Tomko knocks out Benjamin with a big boot. Christian goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Benjamin knocks Tomko off the ring apron and then gives Christian the T-Bone Suplex for the pinfall.
Winner & STILL WWE Intercontinental Champion: Shelton Benjamin
After the match, Chris Jericho gets on the mic and announces it will be Edge vs. Randy Orton next week. He then sings the "Goodbye Song" with Fozzy to get Christian and Tomko to leave the ring. Christian and Tomko walk up the ramp furious at Jericho is continues to sing in their faces.
- SmackDown ReBound: Highlights from the Main Event this past week was shown of The Undertaker taking on JBL & Orlando Jordan. The Basham Brothers interfere, allowing JBL to take out Undertaker with a Clothesline from Hell and a belt shot with the WWE Title. JBL then gets in some hard rights and tauntsat Undertaker with the WWE Championship.
- Backstage, Gene Snitsky confronts Lita. He said it is a shame her husband couldn't be here on her big night. Snitsky reminded her that he ended his career and said it was also a shame her baby couldn't cheer her on. He wishes her good luck tonight and stares her down as she walks away.
- Backstage, Ric Flair calls Eric Bischoff for Triple H. Triple H takes the cell phone and leaves Bischoff a voice mail and tells him to look at the whole situation involving the World Title. Triple H calls himself the franchise player of RAW as Flair displays Triple H's RAW magazine cover, his new fitness book and the poster for the "Blade: Trinity" movie coming out on Wednesday. He continues to tell Bischoff on the voice mail that he better walk out next week and hand him the World Heavyweight Title. Triple H said if he doesn't...Batista grabs his hand and closes the cell phone. Batista said he is about to make a big mistake. Triple H asks Batista if he doesn't think he deserves the World Title. Batista said as far as he is concerned, there is always one real world champion and said he would see him out in the ring next.
- A promo for the WWE returning to the Middle East for SmackDown in December is shown.
Triple H & Batista w/ Ric Flair vs. Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho
The match starts with Triple H and Chris Benoit. Triple H backs Benoit into the corner, but Benoit fights back with some chops. Benoit launches Triple H into the other corner and tags in Chris Jericho. Jericho connects with a jumping dropkick on Triple H in the corner. Triple H crawls over to the corner as the crowd chants "We Want Flair." Benoit gets the tag and gives Triple H a snap suplex. Benoit applies the Crossface, but Batista pulls Triple H out of the ring. Triple H gets back in as both Triple H/Benoit lock up. The crowd starts a "We Want Flair" chant again as Jericho gets the tag. Jericho launches Triple H into the corner, allowing him to bounce off and go over the top. Jericho and Benoit dropkick Batista outside of the ring. Triple H gets up on the ring apron and they knock him off as well, allowing him to take out Batista. We then head to a commercial break.
We are back live and Batista has a submission locked on Jericho. During the break, Batista hit a big spinebuster on Jericho thanks to a distraction from Ric Flair. Back live, Triple H gets the tag and applies an abdominal stretch on Jericho. Batista gets the tag and he gives Jericho some hard rights. Triple H gets the tag again and he chokes Jericho on the bottom rope. Triple H distracts the referee, allowing Flair to choke out Jericho with his suit. Triple H hits a neckbreaker on Jericho, goes for the cover, but Benoit breaks it up. Batista gets the tag and he works on Jericho in the corner with his boot. Jericho fights back with some chops, but Batista quickly responds with a clothesline in the corner. Jericho trips up Batista, allowing Batista to land face first on the second turnbuckle. Both Benoit and Triple H get the tag. Benoit takes out Triple H, Batista and Flair (which gets boo's from the crowd, funny stuff). Jericho hits a spinboard dropkick taking out Batista. Benoit gives Flair a baseball slide (which also gets boo's). Benoit gives Triple H three big german suplexes. Jericho connects with the Lionsault and Benoit hits the flying headbutt. Jericho applies the Walls of Jericho and Benoit applies the Crossface. Batista quickly breaks it up and gives Benoit a huge spinebuster. Batista chokes out Jericho with his boot in the corner. Triple H gets a steel chair and nails Benoit with it on the back of his head. The referee calls for the bell and then Triple H knocks out the referee.
Winners via DQ: Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho
After the bell rings, Batista holds Jericho for a chair shot. Triple H charges, swings, but Jericho moves and Triple H knocks out Batista. Triple H can't believe what he did and then knocks out Jericho. Flair looks at Triple H confused and Triple H tells Batista it was an accident. Batista is dazed as Flair helps him to his feet. Triple H leaves the ring and walks up the ramp as both Flair and Batista stare him down confused.
- Backstage, Trish is stretching before her match. Two guys stop and start watching as she notices. Lita comes up and gets in her face. Trish calls her the walking kiss of death and asks whose career she is going to end tonight. Lita said hers and kisses Trish, throwing her down. Trish stares down Lita as she walks away. The WWE Women's Title is up next and is your Main Event.
- They plug Randy Orton vs. Edge, the debuts of Muhammed Hassan & Khosrow Daivari and the return of Eric Bischoff next week.
WWE Women's Championship Match
Trish Stratus (c) vs. Lita
Throughout the night, various promos showing the feud between Trish and Lita was shown. The match starts with both falling to the outside. They both get back in and Trish gets in a quick kick to the gut. Trish nails Lita's head off the turnbuckle and gets in a chop to the chest. Lita kicks Trish in the face, Trish blocks a clothesline attempt, but Lita comes back with a big russian leg sweep. Lita sends Trish over the top rope and then dives through the second rope (she lands on her neck very awkwardly). Lita gets back in the ring, Trish takes off her mask and knocks out Lita with it. Trish gets in a few hard rights and then chokes Lita up on the top rope. Lita gives Trish a snapmare off the top turnbuckle and then starts to choke her out. Trish slams Lita into the corner and gets in a few kicks. Lita fights out of a submission from Trish and throws Trish over on the ring apron. Trish goes up to the top, Lita gets in a hard right, goes up to the top and gives Trish a big superplex. Lita goes for the cover and gets a two count. Trish responds with a big kick to the head, goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Trish gets in a few hard rights in the corner, but Lita lifts her up and hits a big powerbomb. Lita goes up to the top, Trish grabs her on her shoulders, Lita counters into a rollup. Lita goes for a DDT, but Trish holds on to the ropes and Trish gets a two count. Lita counters a Stratusfaction attempt and then hits a reverse Twist of Fate. Lita goes up to the top, jumps and connects with the moonsault. Lita covers Trish...1...2..3.
Winner & NEW WWE Women's Champion: Lita
After the match, Lita celebrates with the WWE Women's Title on all four corners as RAW goes off the air... MATCH RESULTS:
* Eugene defeated Maven via DQ.
* Simon Dean defeated The Hurricane.
* Shelton Benjamin defeated Captain Charisma (aka Christian) to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title.
* Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho defeated Triple H & Batista via DQ.
* Lita defeated Trish Stratus to become the new WWE Women's Champion.