RAW Results - 12/27/04 - Biloxi, MS (Beat the Clock Night and more)
Reported by Adam Martin
On Monday, December 27, 2004 at 11:13 PM EST
WWE RAW Results - 12/27/04
Live From: Biloxi, Mississippi
Commentators: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler
Report By: Adam Martin
- The opening WWE promo hits. A picture of GM Eric Bischoff is shown. A video package runs showing the controversy involving the World Heavyweight Title on RAW.
Eric Bischoff's music hits and he comes out on the ramp. Bischoff said we are just two weeks away from New Year's Revolution when the World Title will be decided in the Elimination Chamber. He reminds everyone that four competitors will be locked in four glass chambers and the two other competitors will wrestle until timeexpires. Bischoff said he has some surprises for tonight. He said all six competitors in the match will have a "beatthe clock" night that includes Triple H, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Edge, Randy Orton and Batista. Bischoffsaid whoever wins their match tonight in the least amount of time will enter the chamber last. He then introduces Christy Hemme as the special guest time keeper. He also announces that if anyone loses tonight, they will not compete in the Elimination Chamber so it is a must win situation. Bischoff said he will announce a very special guest referee for the Elimination Chamber later tonight. Here we go for the first match. Beat the Clock Match #1
Chris Jericho vs. Christian w/ Tyson Tomko
The clock is on the screen as the bell rings to begin the match. Christian gets in Jericho's face, pushing him away. Jericho rolls up Christian quickly for a two count. Jericho gets a backslide pin, but Christian kicks out. Jericho with another roll-up for a two count. Christian comes back with a hard right, Jericho hits a quick spear and attempts the Walls of Jericho, but Christian gets to the ropes. Christian hits a sunset flip and both counter each other into pins that all end in two counts. Jericho applies the Walls of Jericho, Christian counters into a roll-up, but only gets a two count. Jericho lands a slap in the corner and launches Christian into the corner. Christian bounces off and gets a big back body suplex from Jericho. Christian fights back with some rights to Jericho's ribs. Christian hits a snapmare, goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Christian hits an inverted neckbreaker and lands a few kicks to Jericho's head. A "Christian Sucks" chant starts as he lands a big right on Jericho. Christian applies a neck submission. Jericho attempts to go for the ropes, but Christian pulls him backwards with his hair. Jericho fights back with some chops to the chest. Christian sends Jericho over the top rope, Jericho lands on the ring apron, Christian runs up and Jericho gives him a back body drop over the top rope. Tomko helps Christian to his feet on the outside when Jericho hits a springboard off the top rope, knocking out Tomko and Christian on the outside.
We are back live and the clock is at 8:33
. Christian throws Jericho on the second rope and stands up on his back. Christian goes off the ropes and Jericho takes him out with a big clothesline. Jericho takes down Christian with a jumping clothesline, goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Jericho counters a catapult from Christian, hits a cross-body, but only gets a two count on Christian. Jericho hits a bulldog, attempts the Lionsault, lands on his feet when Christian moves away, but Tomko hits a cheap shot on Jericho. Jericho gives Tomko a dropkick, knocking him off the ring apron. Jericho applies the Walls of Jericho on Christian and he taps.Winner: Chris Jericho at 10:47
- Backstage, Evolution is talking. Ric Flair said he knows both are concerned about their opponents tonight. Batista said he isn't concerned when earlier Triple H said he was. Triple H asks why he wouldn't be concerned. Batista said he is confident and asks why Triple H isn't. Triple H said he is The Game and that he is confident. He said he is so confident that he has $100 that he can beat his opponent faster than Batista can. Flair said the big picture is that the World Title is at stake in the Elimination Chamber match and that Triple H will reclaim what is rightfully his.
- Backstage, Maria is with Randy Orton. She wants comments from him regarding the Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution. Orton said he has competed in one before and knows how brutal they can be. He brings up that it has been three months since he got a shot at the World Title. Orton makes a promise that in 2005 at New Year's Revolution, he will walk out World Heavyweight Champion. Maria asks him if he is concerned about his opponent tonight. Orton said he isn't and tells Maria his match will be over faster than you can say R-K-O.
--COMMERCIAL BREAK--Beat the Clock Match #2
Randy Orton vs. Maven
Randy Orton's time to beat is 10:47 by Chris Jericho. However, if Maven wins Orton is out of the Elimination Chamber match. The bell sounds and here we go. The clock is counting down from 10:47. Maven gives Orton a big shoulder takedown, but Orton comes back with a jumping dropkick. Orton goes up to the top, but Maven knocks him off with a big right hand. Both exchange right hands when the referee breaks it up. Maven dropkicks Orton off the ring apron and then launches Orton into the steel steps. Maven throws Orton in the ring, goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Maven goes for another cover and gets a two count again. Maven gives Orton some hard right hands soon afterwards and then mocks Orton. Maven applies a neck submission. Orton fights back with elbows to the gut, but Maven takes him down with a big elbow. Maven applies another headlock. Maven throws Orton to the outside, but Orton counters an attack from Maven into a russian leg sweep. Maven gets up on the ring apron, Orton catches him and hits a big DDT. Orton gives Maven a baseball slide, throws Maven back inside, gets up on the top, jumps and connects with a cross-body. Maven counters into a pinfall, but Orton rolls out, goes for the RKO, Maven turns around to counter, Orton catches Maven again and hits the RKO for the pinfall. The new time to beat is 6:14 Winner: Randy Orton at 6:14
- A promo runs for SmackDown hyping that all titles will be up for grabs including the WWE Championship, United States Championship, Cruiserweight Championship & Tag Team Championships.
- WWE REWIND:
Gene Snitsky assaulting Christy Hemme two weeks ago on RAW when Lita interferes. A wall of fire stops Snitsky from chasing Lita down.
- It is announced that Lita will defend the WWE Women's Title against Trish Stratus at New Year's Revolution. Non-Title Match
Lita vs. Molly Holly
The match starts with Molly Holly slapping Lita and connecting with a few kicks to the gut. Molly throws Lita to the mat face first and then hits a few kicks in the corner. Molly gives Lita a snapmare and applies a neck submission. Lita fights back giving Molly a monkey flip, but holds on and hits a few right hands. Lita gives Molly a low blow kick followed by two big clotheslines. Molly gives Lita an elbow, but Lita fights back with a huge DDT. Lita goes for the cover and gets the pinfall.Winner: Lita
After the match, Gene Snitsky gets into the ring. Lita leaves the ring quickly and goes into the crowd. Snitsky chases Lita down in the crowd to the back. We are taken backstage and Snitsky continues to chase down Lita. Lita locks herself in a room when Bischoff walks up. He announces that Snitsky will face Kane at New Year's Revolution.
--COMMERCIAL BREAK--Rosey vs. Simon Dean
Before the match starts, Dean insults the crowd calling them disgusting hogs. He does the same to Rosey when Rosey pulls him inside as the bell rings. Rosey gives Dean a few hard elbows followed by a big scoop slam. Dean tries to give Rosey a sunset flip, but Rosey sits down on his face. Rosey misses a splash in the corner and gives Rosey a chop block to the leg. Dean wraps Rosey's leg around the ring post as the referee attempts to break it up. Dean gives Rosey a few kicks to Rosey's bad leg as the crowd chants "Simon Sucks." Dean applies an ankle lock, but Rosey launches him into the corner. Rosey knocks out Dean with three big clotheslines. Dean tries to jump off the top rope, but Rosey catches him and slams him down hard. Rosey misses a jumping splash when Dean gets a weight belt. Dean puts on a weight belt, but can't lift up Rosey and falls back hard. Rosey tries to use the weight belt, but the referee takes it away. Dean then rolls up Rosey quickly for the pinfall.Winner: Simon Dean
- Up next, Edge must beat the clock at 6:14.
--COMMERCIAL BREAK--Beat the Clock Match #3
Edge vs. Eugene
Edge's time to beat is 6:14. The match starts with Edge knocking Eugene off the ropes quickly as he waved to the crowd. Edge gives Eugene a backslide for a two count. Edge gives Eugene a big kick to the head, but Eugene fights back with a hip toss. Edge charges at Eugene, but Eugene moves out of the way and Edge crashes to the outside. Edge drops Eugene's chin over the top rope, goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Edge gives Eugene a snapmare and applies a headlock. Eugene fights back, but Edge throws him back down and gets a two count. Edge slaps the mat in frustration and then gives Eugene a big dropkick. Edge goes for the cover, but only gets a two count. Eugene lifts Edge onto his shoulders and drops him down in the electric chair. Eugene goes for the cover...1...2...kick out. Eugene and Edge both go off the ropes a few times until Eugene leaves the ring. Eugene shakes hands with the fans and hugs Christy. The clock continues to run. Edge asks Eugene what he is doing. Eugene shakes his hand and runs away. Edge chases him down, but can't find him. Eugene appears under the ring, but Edge kicks him in the back of the head. Edge has 30 seconds, goes for the cover, but Eugene kicks out. Eugene goes for the Rock Bottom, Edge counters, Eugene goes for the Stunner, Edge counters again and hits the Spear. Eugene falls to the outside as time expires. Edge is no longer a candidate for being last to enter in the Elimination Chamber.
Edge throws Eugene back in the ring, but Eugene gives him the Stunner. Eugene crawls over, makes the cover, but Edge kicks out. Edge crawls to the corner, gets on his feet and Eugene hits a charge in the corner. Eugene misses a jumping knee in the corner. Edge drives Eugene's leg into the ring post a few times, gets back in and applies a modified Sharpshooter. Eugene taps out and Edge gets the win.Winner: Edge
After the match, Edge smiles at what he just did to Eugene. Randy Orton's time of 6:14 is still the fastest and is the one to beat.
- Backstage, Eric Bischoff is on the phone and is excited about who is going to show up later tonight for his big announcement. The Coach comes in and gives Bischoff a late Christmas present. He opens the present and they are Coach sunglasses. Coach puts them on Bischoff and he has an angry look on his face. He asks Bischoff who he was on the phone with. Bischoff said it was the special guest referee for the Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution. Coach asks him who it is. Bischoff said he would have to wait just like everyone /* and said all those involved in the match would not be happy about who it is.
- Up next, Chris Benoit will try to beat Randy Orton's fast time of 6:14.
--COMMERCIAL BREAK--Beat the Clock Match #4
Chris Benoit vs. Viscera
Benoit's time to beat is 6:14. The bell rings and both men lock up. Viscera backs Benoit into the corner. Viscera launches Benoit into the other corner and taunts at him. Viscera takes down Benoit with a big clothesline. Both lock up again, Benoit dodges a clothesline and dropkicks Viscera in the face. Viscera quickly takes Benoit off his feet as he comes off the ropes. Benoit lands a few hard chops, goes off the ropes and Viscera connects with a big spinning heel kick. Viscera sits on Benoit's back to slow down the match. Viscera stops a comeback from Benoit with a big forearm to the back. Viscera throws Benoit to the outside and lands a few chops against the guard railing. Benoit gets back in the ring quickly, but Viscera cuts him off with a HUGE samoan drop. Viscera attempts another samoan drop, Benoit counters into a Crossface, but Viscera breaks it up with a side slam. Benoit gives Viscera a big german suplex and applies the Crossface. Viscera tries to fight out of it, but taps out with 31 seconds left to give Benoit the win.Winner: Chris Benoit at 5:43
- Backstage, Stacy Keibler is shown making her way to the arena. Jerry Lawler said she would be announcing her new year's resolution.
- Stacy Keibler is in the ring. She hopes everyone had a great Christmas. Keibler thanks the fans for making 2004 a great year. She also thanks the fans for voting her the 2005 Babe of the Year. Keibler said she would bend over backwards and forwards to make 2005 even better.
Muhammad Hassan's music hits just as Keibler starts to bend over. Hassan and Khosrow Daivari get in the ring. Daivari takes the mic away from Keibler and kicks her out of the ring. Hassan gets on the mic and calls what was just displayed disgusting. He said in reality, America does not wish good will towards all men. Hassan said right now that does not include his Arab brothers. He said these are cold hard facts. Hassan uses a recent poll that shows Arab's should have their civil rights limited. He said if you go to news.cornell.edu you can see the truth for yourself. Hassan said deep down inside, each and every one of you are predjuice. A big "USA" chant starts as Hassan continues. He said if the people don't open their eyes and see what they are doing to his Arab brothers, then his New Year's Resolution will be to beat some sense into America. Daivari then gets in the faces of Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. Hassan comes up and knocks out Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. Lawler gets up quickly and stares down both Hassan and Daivari.
- A promo for the Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution to determine a new World Heavywight Champion was shown.
- We are back live and Jerry Lawler said he is sick of hearing from Muhammad Hassan. Jim Ross said they have to continue on with the show.Beat the Clock Match #5
Batista vs. Rhyno
Batista's time to beat is 5:43. The bell rings and here we go. Both lock up and Batista throws Rhyno to the corner. Both lock up again and Batista throws Rhyno into the other corner. Rhyno goes off the ropes, but Batista takes him off of his feet. Batista taunts at Rhyno on the ground. Rhyno slaps Batista and then gives him a big Gore. Rhyno goes for the cover...1...2...Batista kicks out. Rhyno has a shocked look on his face. Rhyno goes for another Gore, but Batista catches him and hits a big spinebuster. Batista lifts Rhyno up on his shoulders and drops him down hard in a big sitdown powerbomb. Batista yells he has plenty of time and calls for one more. Batista gives Rhyno another big sitdown powerbomb, goes for the cover and gets the pinfall.Winner: Batista at 3:02
After the match, Batista stares down Rhyno in the ring and then heads to the back. The new time to beat is now 3:02.
- A highlight package of the SmackDown brands trip to Iraq for Christmas to the song "Higher" by Creed was shown.
- The WWE.com RAW Interactive leader board is shown.
- Backstage, Candice is with Eric Bischoff. The Coach comes in and tells Bischoff the special guest referee is here. Bischoff asks him how he knows who it is. Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari come in quickly and confront Bischoff about the "hate" Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler spread on TV. They demand a match against JR and The King. Bischoff said he can't make that match since JR isn't a wrestler, but announced a debate would take place next week instead.
- JR & The King run down the card for New Year's Revolution so far:
* Kane vs. Gene Snitsky.
* Lita (c) vs. Trish Stratus - WWE Women's Title.
* Elimination Chamber for World Heavyweight Title.
- Backstage, Triple H complains about Batista beating the clock that fast. He gets in Batista's face and Batista said he did what he did because Rhyno pissed him off. Triple H asks Batista why he has problems listening. Batista tells Triple H he is starting to piss him off. Ric Flair reminds them they are a unit, Evolution, the most powerful force in WWE today. They all leave with Flair cheering Triple H on.
- We are back live and Chris Benoit, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho and Edge are all at ringside to watch the upcoming match. Triple H's time to beat is 3:02.Beat the Clock Match #6
Triple H w/ Ric Flair & Batista vs. Shelton Benjamin
Before Benjamin comes out, Triple H stares down Benoit, Jericho, Orton, Edge and Batista who are all at ringside. The match quickly starts with the clock running as Triple H gives Benjamin some hard kicks in the corner. Triple H chokes Benjamin on the ropes at 2:43. Triple H throws Benjamin to the outside and then launches him into the steel steps at 2:25. Triple H puts Benjamin in the ring, goes for the cover, but gets a two count. Triple H lands some hard rights on Benjamin and then gives him a big spinebuster at 1:48. Triple H applies a sleeper hold at 1:35, but Benjamin gets out of it. Triple H sets Benjamin up for the Pedigree, but Benjamin counters at 1:08. Triple H applies another sleeper at :58. Triple H continues to apply the hold as Benjamin starts to fade. The referee lifts Benjamin's arm twice and during the third, Benjamin gets his foot on the bottom rope as time expires. Batista will be the last to enter the Elimination Chamber
Triple H starts to argue with the referee when Benjamin hits a splash in the corner. Benjamin rolls up Triple H for a close two count. Benjamin lands a few kicks and chops. Triple H blocks a superkick, but Benjamin hits a big spinning heel kick for a two count. Benjamin jumps off from the corner, Triple H goes for the Pedigree, Benjamin counters into a backbreaker for a two count. Benjamin gives Triple H a scoop slam, goes up to the top, the referee cuts off Flair from interfering, Benjamin jumps over Triple H and then gives him the T-Bone Suplex. Flair distracts the referee to prevent a three count. Benjamin nails Flair off the corner. Benjamin turns around, Triple H kicks him in the gut and hits the Pedigree for the pinfall.Winner: Triple H
After the match, Batista gets in the ring and helps Triple H to his feet. Eric Bischoff comes out and introduces the special guest referee for the Elimination Chamber Match at New Year's Revolution...Shawn Michaels. RAW goes off the air with all those involved in the Chamber with a angry look on their face staring down HBK...MATCH RESULTS:
- Chris Jericho defeated Christian.
- Randy Orton defeated Maven.
- Lita defeated Molly Holly in a Non-Title Match.
- Simon Dean defeated Rosey.
- Edge defeated Eugene.
- Chris Benoit defeated Viscera.
- Batista defeated Rhyno.
- Triple H defeated Shelton Benjamin.