On Monday, December 10, 2007 at 8:32 PM EST WWE Monday Night Raw Results (Raw 15th Anniversary)
December 10, 2007
Commentators: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler
Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- WWE promo hits.
- A video package airs highlighting the beginning of Monday Night Raw. Various Raw intros from the past all air in a highlight reel from the last 15 years.
- We then go live to Bridgeport, CT where a huge display of pyro goes off. Jim Ross welcomes us to the show.
- Vince McMahon's music hits and Vince comes out with Shane and Stephanie McMahon. Vince gets on the mic and welcomes everyone to Monday Night Raw. He points out this is the longest running primetime series in history. Vince said he thought about having a family reunion tonight. He adds that his wife Linda couldn't be here tonight, but joining him is a former Hardcore and European Champion, Shane McMahon. And joining him as well, a former Women's Champion, Stephanie McMahon. Vince wants the cameraman for the family portrait when Hornswoggle comes out. Vince points out that all three are waiting for him to die, which gets a laugh from the crowd. He said he loves Shane, Stephanie, Hornswoggle a little bit and even the WWE fans. On the count of three, Vince wants them to smile and say "MONEY." Vince starts the countdown when Triple H's music hits to cut him off.
Triple H said this is supposed to be a family portrait and since the fans are "smart", they already know. He said he is like a son to Vince. Triple H adds, "What's up Steph?" He said since tonight is about family and love, he wants to bring out others that Vince has "loved." Triple H introduces Melina and says hold on, there are more. Vince said he did not have sex with Melina. Triple H says, "Whatever Clinton?" He then introduces Sunny. She is definitely back in shape. Crowd is very quiet for her entrance though. Hornswoggle runs up and hugs Sunny right away. Triple H then introduces someone /* Vince knows very well...Mae Young. Mae starts humping Vince when she gets in the ring. Shane, Stephanie and Hornswoggle all confront Vince about having "relations" with Mae Young. Vince admits it was at Moolah's funeral and that he had way too much to drink. He adds all he had to do was dust the cobwebs off. Shane leaves in disgust. Vince then tells Stephanie he was drunk and that he was thinking of mom the whole time. Triple H then introduced anyone Vince attempted to make love to. Out comes Howard Finkel, Pat Patterson (Triple H said this one didn't surprise him), Bastion Booger, Gerald Brisco, Big Dick Johnson and Abe "Knuckleball" Shwartz (aka the Brooklyn Brawler). Stephanie gets on the mic and said Vince has embarassed her enough and now it was time for her to embarass him. Stephanie then kisses Triple H. Vince said he hates Triple H and everyone /* can go straight to hell. Triple H then consoles a disappointed Hornswoggle. He said he knows he is upset and wondered if someone in the back could cheer him up by just the sounds of his music. The Godfather's music hits and he comes out with the HO TRAIN. Jim Ross adds that even Pat Patterson is smiling. Hornswoggle gets excited and starts hugging Triple H. They all celebrate. The crowd is absolutly dead for The Godfather's entrance.
Anyone get the feeling all the people watching Raw these days don't remember who any of these people are?
- A promo for "Tribute to the Troops" in two weeks airs.
WWE Intercontinenal Championship - Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Carlito
Match kicks off with Carlito rolling out of the ring and hitting Hardy with a ladder when Hardy charged at him through the ropes. Hardy pulls Carlito off the ladder he setup in the ring, but gets taken down with a clothesline. Hardy launches the ladder into Carlito from the corner. They brawl to the outside and Carlito pushes the ladder into the gut of Hardy against the ring barricade. The ladder is still up against the barricade and Hardy catches Carlito with a dropkick from the ring apron, sending Carlito flying back into the ladder. Hardy sets up another ladder, climbs, Carlito springboards off the top rope, lands on the ladder and takes out Hardy with a huge sunset flip off the top of the ladder as we head to a commercial break.
Back live and Hardy misses a leg drop attempt on Carlito. Carlito brings another ladder in and slams it over the leg of Hardy. Carlito works more on the leg of Hardy and sets up a ladder under the IC title. Hardy works on the back of Carlito to prevent him from climbing up. Carlito jumps down and goes back to work on Hardy's leg. Carlito sets up a ladder in the corner, but Hardy gives him a huge back body drop right on top of the ladder. Hardy, who is limping on his bad leg, goes up and connects with the Swanton Bomb on Carlito. Hardy setup another ladder, climbed up, Carlito pushed the ladder over, Hardy lands on his feet, Hardy attempts the Twist of Fate over the ladder, but Carlito counters into a backstabber over the ladder. Carlito is up first on the ladder, gets a hand on the IC title, Hardy pushes him off and Carlito falls to the ring. Hardy reaches up and gets the title to get the win.
Winner & STILL WWE Intercontinental Champion: Jeff Hardy
After the match, Jeff Hardy celebrates holding up the belt. Jim Ross wonders if Hardy did too much damage to his body before his match with Triple H at Armageddon this Sunday.
- Promo airs for Armageddon hyping Batista vs. Edge vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title this Sunday.
- Backstage, Todd Grisham is with Shawn Michaels. HBK has his very manly glitter cowboy hat on. He talks about being part of the very first Monday Night Raw and how he couldn't remember anything. HBK talks about the bad impersonators Mr. Kennedy brought out last week on Raw. He then introduces the real Marty Jannetty who is at Raw tonight. Jannetty walks up and says he is pumped to face Kennedy tonight. HBK reminds Kennedy they have a match at Armageddon this Sunday and he does his best Kennedy impression.
- Raw Flashback: Steve Austin being put on a cross, 1-2-3 Kid beating Razor Ramon, The New Age Outlaws throwing Mankind & Terry Funk off the ramp, Mike Tyson and Steve Austin, John Cena and Kevin Federline, Vince McMahon and Donald Trump, famous kisses from the past on Raw, the famous "choppy choppy your pee pee" with Val Venis, Kane losing his mask, the chairshot heard around the world with The Rock taking out Ken Shamrock, The Hardy's taking out Brock Lesnar, Eric Bischoff's WWE debut, Sable and Marc Mero, Rock sending Austin into the water, Cena sending Edge into the water, Shane McMahon showing up on WCW Nitro and Vince's limo exploding. Pretty sure that was all of it - might have missed a few! Well done video package.
- Promo for the World Class Championship Wrestling DVD airs.
- Back live and Santino Marella is in the ring. Santino said he is sick to his stomach about the nostalgia tonight and wants to know when the show is going to start honoring the "future" of Monday Night Raw. Santino then gets cut off by Rob Van Dam's music. No one comes out for a few seconds...but then there he is! RVD is back.
Santino Marella vs. Rob Van Dam
Huge reaction for RVD in Bridgeport. This one didn't last very long as RVD took out Santino with a big kick followed by the Five Star Frog Splash. He turned to the crowd and did the R-V-D pose, covered Santino and got the pinfall.
Winner: Rob Van Dam
- A video package airs looking back at the history of EVolution (Triple H, Ric Flair, Batista and Randy Orton). Coming up next, we get to see the reunion of Evolution.
- Tomorrow night on ECW: Batista vs. Elijah Burke.
- Back live, Lilian Garcia introduces Evolution. Out first is Ric Flair sporting an old Evolution t-shirt. Out next is Triple H sporting another Evolution t-shirt. World Heavyweight Champion Batista is out next sporting the same Evolution t-shirt as well. Well we got the three babyfaces and out last is WWE Champion Randy Orton sans-Evolution t-shirt. Orton has a mic in hand and said he didn't come out here to join them. He reminds them he is the WWE Champion and the only reason they want him down there is so they can ride off his current wave of success. Orton pointed out the last time he was champion and was in the ring with them, he was attacked. Flashback to August 2004 when Orton defeated Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title and was attacked the night afterwards on Raw by Evolution. Back live, Triple H says he does remember that and thought it was pretty cool. He said if it makes him feel any better, they beat him up because he was a pain in the ass and not because he was World Champion. Orton said he would keep that in mind this Sunday when he beats Chris Jericho to retain the WWE Title. Orton then brings up his past with Rated RKO and introduces Edge. Edge comes out and he shakes hands with Orton. Edge said another funny thing is, Batista won't be walking away World Champion this Sunday at Armageddon. Ric Flair cuts everyone off and tells them to shut up. He said they were supposed to compete tonight and asks where their partner is. Orton introduces Umaga. Randy Orton, Edge and Umaga vs. Triple H, Batista and Ric Flair is up next.
WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge & Umaga vs. World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Triple H & Ric Flair
Back live and Batist has Orton in the corner as he tags in Ric Flair. Orton tags in Edge and Flair lets out a "WOOOOO." Edge lands a few rights on Flair in the corner. Flair catches Edge with a few chops, but Edge comes back with a big back body drop on Flair. Umaga gets the tag and he lands a few rights on Flair. Umaga starts pinching the nerve in Flair's shoulder to keep him grounded. Orton gets the tag and he goes to work on Flair with some big kicks. Another big back body drop on Flair from Orton. Flair dodges a dropkick attempt from Orton by holding onto the ropes. Batista gets the tag and he goes right after Orton. Batista takes out Orton with a clothesline, knocks Umaga off the ring apron and tosses Edge in the ring catching him with a big sidewalk slam. Batista and Triple H hit double-spinebusters on Edge and Orton. Umaga comes in going after Triple H and Batista, but takes out the referee. The referee then calls for the bell.
After the match, Flair goes after Umaga with some chops. Umaga looks to give Flair the big thumb to the throat. Batista breaks it up. Flair low blows Umaga and Triple H finishes off Umaga with Pedigree. The Evolution music hits as Flair, Triple H and Batista celebrate. We see a shot backstage of Jeff Hardy looking at what just went down on a TV.
- Raw Flashback: Steve Austin's beer bash on The Rock and Vince & Shane McMahon, Kane taking Lita away in an ambulance, Austin riding his four wheeler over McMahon's limo, Hulk Hogan crashing a semi-truck into an ambulance, Shane sending a limo into a truck with Kane in it, McMahon's limo being destroyed by DX, Steve Austin ruining The Rock's car, Bischoff being fired, Austin pouring cement into McMahon's car, Kurt Angle spraying The Alliance with milk, Edge making fun of Ric Flair's "road rage", The Hurricane ruining the APA's business setup and Austin driving the zamboni into the arena and taking out McMahon.
- Backstage we see Hornswoggle messing with Molly Holly. Mickie James walks up and tells him to stop it. William Regal shows up and wants to speak with him privately. Regal announces Hornswoggle vs. The Great Khali in a rematch from Survivor Series tonight. He said Finlay wasn't here tonight and that match was next.
- Promo airs for Armageddon this Sunday hyping Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Title.
Hornswoggle vs. The Great Khali
The bell rings and Hornswoggle tries to avoid Khali by running under his legs. Khali gets Hornswoggle and as this goes down...Hulk Hogan's music hits.
Hogan is sporting the old black and white attire. Hogan gets in the ring and stares down Khali. Hogan starts hulking up, blocks a right hand from Khali, but Khali catches him with a kick to the gut and a few shots over the back. Hogan starts hulking up, catches Khali with right hands, goes off the ropes and takes out Khali with another big right. Khali rolls out of the ring and Hogan calls him back in. Hogan poses to the crowd that he could lift up Khali and slam him. Hogan shakes hands with Hornswoggle and then gets up on the ropes yelling at Khali who is leaving the ringside area. Hornswoggle is clapping for Hogan as Hogan grabs a mic.
Hogan says it sounds to him that Hulkamania is still alive and well...brothers. He said he wants to thank everyone for keeping the dream alive and congratulates WWE for tonight's Anniversary and calls WWE the greatest wrestling company of all time. Hogan said there is nothing like being in this very ring and watching the brand new stars of WWE do their thing. He said he was proud to be invited here tonight. Hogan said he misses the fans and never say never (when he said the last part, he added in a Randy Savage "OH YEAH" impression). He plugs his involvement with American Gladiators and asks to hear it one more time from the fans. Hogan and Hornswoggle celebrate some more.
- Raw Flashback: DX in the old days mixed in with the comeback of DX is shown.
- Raw Flashback: The birth of Mr. Socko and Steve Austin attacking Vince McMahon in the hosptial.
- Back live, Howard Finkel introduces the 15th Anniversary 15 Man Battle Royal featuring superstars from the past 15 years. Wrestlers include: Al Snow, Bart Gunn, Doink the Clown, Repo Man, Steve Blackman, Pete Gas and Bob Backlund. They go to commercial before we can see who /* is involved.
15 Man Battle Royal featuring stars from the last 15 years
As noted above we have Al Snow, Bart Gunn, Doink the Clown, Repo Man, Steve Blackman, Pete Gas and Bob Backlund involved. Back live, Gangrel is introduced. I.R.S. and Flash Funk can be spotted in the ring. Out next is Scotty 2 Hotty. Skinner is also in the ring. Out next is Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. Here comes Sgt. Slaughter. We go backstage and the man, the myth, the legend...Gillberg is on his way out compete with the sparklers and fire extinguishers. The Goon is in the ring as well. Gillberg gets picked up and is thrown out first. Bob Backlund is gone. Doink the Clown is gone. Gangrel is eliminated. Al Snow is gone. Pete Gas and Bart Gunn are both gone. Flash Funk and Steve Blackman both go over and are gone. The Goon is eliminated. Repo Man is gone. Jim Neidhart is gone. We are down to Skinner, I.R.S., Sgt. Slaughter and Scotty 2 Hotty. Scotty takes out I.R.S. with the briefcase, goes for The Worm and connects! Scotty 2 Hotty is thrown out by Skinner. Cobra Clutch on Skinner by Slaughter. Skinner is thrown out by Slaughter and I.R.S. throws out Slaughter.
After the match, Ted DiBiase comes out. DiBiase has money in hand, shows it to I.R.S. and then puts the money in his briefcase. I.R.S. then jumps over the top rope and Ted DiBiase is declared the winner of the Battle Royal.
Winner of the 15 Man Battle Royal: Ted DiBiase
DiBiase gets on the mic and said this proves after all these years that everyone has a price! DiBiase does his classic laugh and heads to the back. Wow, this crowd is absolutely dead!
- Raw Flashback: Some famous slaps in Raw history.
- Backstage, we see Eric Bischoff heading to the arena.
- A promo for "Tribute to the Troops" in two weeks airs.
- Back live, Eric Bischoff is in the ring with a mic in hand. Bischoff said it's been a long time since he stood in the WWE ring. He said he wants to let everyone know that for him to be invited to the 15th Anniversary of Raw -he starts fake crying- that it means a lot to him. Bischoff said no matter how things change, they really stay the same. He said he sees the same people year after year and unlike the rest of the WWE stars, he isn't here to put smiles on your faces. Bischoff said he is here to take money out of your pocketbook. He said one thing that will never change is that wrestling fans will always depend on people like him to entertain. Bischoff said even the McMahon's will be dependent on people like him to help reinvent this business over and over again. He demands everyone stand up and give him a well deserved round of applause.
Chris Jericho's countdown and music hit along with pyro. Jericho makes his way down the ramp as Bischoff smiles. Jericho has a mic in hand and poses for the fans in attendance. Bischoff said it's Chris....ah yes, Chris Jericho. He added, "Didn't I fire you a few years ago in this ring?" Jericho said he did come out here to say a few simple words - ERIC BISCHOFF WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT...THE HELL...UP. He said Bischoff was an assclown back then and an assclown now. Jericho said he is right, he did fire him two years ago and he never forgot about it. Jericho thanks him for doing it to let him realize how burned out he was. He said in the time he spent away from WWE, it lit a fire under him and made him realize he wanted to return to become the new WWE Champion. Jericho promises there will be a new champion come this Sunday at Armageddon. Bischoff says "good luck with that" in reference to his match with Orton. Jericho makes fun of Bischoff's pot belly and bowl haircut. Bischoff said that is real funny. He said Jericho should save the fans $40 since they all know he can't beat Randy Orton this Sunday. Jericho said he could forfeit the match or beat Bischoff's ass right now. He calls Bischoff a jackoff, his book was a rip-off, something about a tranny, I got lost. Jericho then punches Bischoff. Bischoff goes down. Orton hits the ring, Jericho takes him down, goes for the Walls of Jericho and gets it locked in. Orton starts tapping out. Jericho breaks the hold, picks up the WWE Title, the crowd chants "Y2J" and Jericho stares at the title before laying it over Orton on the ground. Jericho kneels down and talks some trash to Orton before leaving the ring.
- Promo airs hyping Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy this Sunday at Armageddon where the winner will earn a shot at the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble.
- Back live and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes is at ringside with Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. WrestleView.com's own Hunter Golden can be spotted getting a quick fist bump from The American Dream. Good seats Hunter!
World Tag Team Championship Match
Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch (c's) vs. Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes
The match kicks off with Lance Cade and Cody Rhodes. Cade takes out Cody and Cody comes back with a big clothesline. Cade responds with a jumping leg to the head as Trevor Murdoch gets the tag and takes out Cody with a quick clothesline. Cade is back in and chops Cody. Hardcore Holly gets the tag and he takes out Murdoch quickly and dumps Cade off the ring apron. Cade takes out Murdoch by accident with a clothesline. Cody sends Cade out over the top rope. in the ring, Holly hits Murdoch with the Alabama Slam, covers and gets the pinfall. Dusty Rhodes screams, "THEY DID IT! THEY DID IT!" at ringside on commentary.
Winners & NEW World Tag Team Champions: Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes
After the match, Dusty Rhodes hits the ring and slaps hands with Holly. Dusty and Cody then hug in the middle of the ring. Cody then raises the tag team title high in the air.
- Raw Flashback: Celebrities on Raw are profiled. We also see the various cities Raw has visited over the years.Ben Stiller, Shaq, Rob Reiner, Lebron James, Mike Tyson, Dennis Miller, Dennis Hopper, Timbland, Papa Roach, LT, Donald Trump, Kid Rock, Motley Crue, Kevin Federline and various athletes from different sports. They note how Raw started off reaching out to celebrities and how the tides changed to celebs showing up at Raw.
- Raw Flashback: Highlighting the Divas of Raw such as Sunny, Sable, Chyna, Lita, Trish Stratus, Stacy Keibler, Candice Michelle and many others.
- Back live, Jillian Hall is in the ring and has a live mic. Jillian starts singing "On The First Day of Christmas" badly when Trish Stratus' music hits...and she is still looking great. Trish grabs a mic and said she is excited to be back. She mocks Jillian's Christmas album and said she can't sing at all. Jillian said Trish has a huge ego when Lita's music hits. Lita gets in Trish's face and takes her mic away. Lita said Jillian's voice is just as bad as her singing. She tells her to shut up and Jillian calls both has beens. Jillian starts singing again and both Lita and Trish take her out. Lita chops Jillian in the corner and Trish follows it up with another chop. Jillian bails out of the ring and both Trish and Lita hug.
- Raw Flashback: We see some funny moments from the past such as Stephanie getting the stinkface, Austin making Vince pee his pants, the famous GTV where Val Venis mocks Big Show, Jericho peeing in Regal's tea, Rock making fun of Hurricane, Eugene calling Triple H his favorite wrestler next to The Rock, Edge and Christian, midgets, Jericho making fun of Stephanie's breast implants, Kurt Angle in a small cowboy hat, Foley burning Rock with the "IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU FEEL" line, Trish teasing Angle, Henry getting caught with a tranny, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Goldust and his speech problem, HBK dressing up as Hogan, Mr. Socko and numerous others.
- Tonight: Vince McMahon will name the greatest superstar in Raw history.
- Raw Flashback: Weddings from the past on Raw.
- Backstage, Kane confronts Lita. He asks her if she saw any good movies lately. Lita says the weather is crazy. They try to make more small talk when Ron Simmons walks up, looks at both and gives out a "DAMN!"
- At ringside, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler rundown the card for Armageddon:
World Heavyweight Title
Batista (c) vs. Edge vs. The Undertaker
#1 Contendership Match
Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy
WWE United States Title
MVP (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Kennedy
Finlay vs. The Great Khali
Randy Orton (c) vs. Chris Jericho
- Mr. Kennedy makes his way out to the ring as we go to a break.
Mr. Kennedy vs. Marty Jannetty
The match starts with both locking up and Kennedy going to work on Marty's arm. Marty with a snapmare and low dropkick on Kennedy. Kennedy responds with a low dropkick to the knees of Marty taking him down. Kennedy applies a half boston crab on Marty. Marty reaches and gets the bottom rope. Kennedy breaks the hold and then slams Marty's knee hard down on the ring. Kennedy with a quick cover, but only gets a two count. Kennedy with a quick takedown on Marty, but Marty responds with a kick to the back of the head. Marty hits Kennedy with a quick suplex, covers, but only gets a two count. Marty hits Kennedy with a few rights in the corner, stands up on Kennedy with a few rights, but Kennedy counters with an atomic drop followed by a clothesline that levels Marty. Kennedy puts Marty on his shoulders, Marty counters and hits the Rocker Dropper. Marty goes up to the top rope, but Kennedy trips him up and puts Marty on his shoulders. Marty counters that into a quick rollup that gets a close two count. Kennedy then hits a standing facebuster on Marty, covers and gets the pinfall.
Winner: Mr. Kennedy
After the match, Kennedy starts attacking Jannetty when Shawn Michaels runs out. HBK and Kennedy exchange punches. HBK gets the upper hand and Kennedy rolls out. HBK then turns his back on Kennedy to check on Jannetty when Kennedy returns to the ring and starts attacking HBK. Triple H then walks down with a DX t-shirt on and flashes the DX sign at Kennedy. HBK throws Kennedy over the top rope and Triple H hands HBK a DX t-shirt. HBK puts it on, both pose, do the four DX crotch chops with pyro going off behind them and then pose for the crowd as the DX music hits. Wow, Triple H is all over this show.
- Backstage, Vince McMahon gets help putting his suit on as he is ready to come out next to announce the greatest Raw superstar of all time.
- We are back live and Vince McMahon is in the ring. Vince says, "Who is the greatest superstar in Raw history?" He asks for the fans to yell it out. Vince said whoever it is, they had to have made the single greatest impact on Raw ever. He asks for an envelope, opens it up, gets a drumroll...the greatest superstar in Raw history is...Vincent Kennedy McMahon! He starts thanking the little people when Mick Foley's music hits.
Foley comes out dressed as Mankind. A loud "FOLEY!" chant starts up. Vince said Foley is jealous because he isn't the greatest Raw superstar of all time. He tells Foley to leave, but Foley gives him the mandible claw with Mr. Socko.
The gong then hits and the lights go out. Flames come out from the entrance ramp, smoke fills the arena and The Undertaker appears. Undertaker gets to the steel steps, raises his hands and the arena lights come back on. Undertaker takes off his jacket and hat as Vince slowly raises to his feet. Undertaker hits Vince with a chokeslam as Undertaker stands over his body. Undertaker takes a knee and poses. The lights go out and Undertaker is gone.
The glass shatters and out walks Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin does the two finger salute on all four corners. Austin grabs a mic while getting a huge reaction from the crowd. Austin says what a pitful sight. He thought about coming out here to congratulate Vince on 15 years of Monday Night Raw, drink a little beer, celebrate, but Vince is out here knocked out. Austin asks for two beers and proposes a toast to Vince. He said Vince isn't looking so good, but he is so proud of him and 15 years of Raw. Austin lays down on his back next to Vince and says he is starting to feel a little dirty. He helps Vince to his feet. Vince gets to his knees and Austin tells him not to get any ideas. Vince finally gets to his feet favoring his neck. Austin hands Vince a beer. Austin salutes Vince, taps beers, Vince tries to drink his beer and does so slowly, gets a kick to the gut and Stunner. Austin calls for more beers and celebrates drinking them all. Austin then says the greatest superstar of Raw wasn't on that card Vince read, but rather all the fans who show up in the arena and all the fans that watch live every Monday. Austin calls every WWE superstar out to the ring, past and present, to drink some beer and celebrate. They promote the card for Armageddon on the side of the screen as we see WWE superstars fill the ring to celebrate Raw's 15th Anniversary. Vince gets back up on the ring apron to go after Austin and Austin knocks him out. Austin pours beer on Vince as the show goes off the air.