Wrestleview.com - WWE News and rumors, TNA News & Wrestling information Archive
Full NWA TNA Impact! Results - 6/4/04 - Orlando, FL (The debut on FSN, more)
Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
On Friday, June 4, 2004 at 5:13 PM EST
Full NWA TNA Impact! Results - 6/4/04 Taped From: Orlando, Florida Commentators: Mike Tenay & Don West Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The opening promo for Impact! hits and we are taken to Soundstage 21 at Universal Studios for the show. Another series of past TNA highlights is quickly shown and a small pyro display goes off in the entrance way and above the ring.
- The match has a 10 minute time limit. Also, a graphic at the bottom of the screen previews this Wednesday night's PPV event from Nashville.
Team Canada (Petey Williams, Bobby Rude & Eric Young) w/ Scott D'Amore vs. Sonjay Dutt, The Amazing Red & Hector Garza The match starts with Dutt, Red and Garza all jumping over the top rope to take out all three members of Team Canada. In the ring, Dutt takes on Eric Young. Dutt hits a big twilt-a-whirl scissors takedown and tags in Red. Red and Dutt do a double drop toe hold and a double kick to the head on Young. Bobby Rude gets the tag and slams Red in the corner. Rude takes down Red with a big elbow and big knee to the head. Petey Williams gets the tag and hits a big takedown off the top rope on Red. Red hits a russian leg sweep and Scott D'Amore interferes from the outside, hitting a cheap shot on Red. We are down to 6:20 left and Rude gets the tag. Rude hits a big hanging suplex on Red followed by knocking Dutt and Garza off the ring apron. Williams gets the tag and does a double takedown with Rude. Red hits a head scissors takedown on both Young and Williams. Garza gets the tag and takes out Williams with a big powerslam. Rude gives Garza a big sitdown powerbomb, Dutt hits a hurricanranna off the tope on Rude, Young hits a suplex on Dutt, Red goes for his sunset flip combination, but Young kicks out. Williams hits the flip piledriver on Red, Garza hits big reverse powerbomb on William. Dutt hits a big huricanranna on Rude in the corner, Garza hits a big twisting moonsault, hooks the leg and gets the 1, 2, 3.
Winners: Sonjay Dutt, The Amazing Red & Hector Garza
- Highlights from the King of the Mountain Match from this past Wendesday night was shown. Jeff Jarrett wins the match, becoming a 3-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion. They plug this Wednesday night's PPV event from Nashville, TN.
- We are back from commercial and we see Mike Tenay and Don West at ringside. They bring up since June of 2002, Total Nonstop Action has made an impact on pro wrestling. They plug the Heavyweight and X Division in TNA. Tenay plugs that they will show highlights from the past two years. They show Jeff Jarrett confronting Toby Keith and Keith entering in the "Gauntlet from the Gold" on the debut edition of NWA TNA, hitting a big suplex on Jarrett and eliminating him from the match. NEXT WEEK: Jonny Fairplay squares off with Chicago Bear's own Brian Urlacher. They plug the two year anniversary coming up this month.
- A plug for this week's shown is shown: Jerry Lynn, Hector Garza & Heavy Metal vs. Team Canada, Shark Boy vs. Sonjay Dtt vs. David Young vs. D-Ray 3000 in a Four Corners Gut Check Match, Fans Choice Match when the NWA World Tag Team Champions defend against opponents voted on by the fans on NWATNA.com, Frankie Kazarian defends NWA TNA X Division Title against the winner of tonight's Main Event and newly crowned NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett will speak on his recent title victory.
- A promo hyping the official website for NWA TNA, TNAWrestling.com, is shown.
- A promo for the new NWA TNA DVD, Best of Title Matches, was shown.
- The match has a 10 minute time limit.
Abyss vs. Shark Boy The match starts with Abyss charging at Shark Boy, Shark Boy ducks and hits some big hard rights. Abyss eventually catches Shark Boy, looking to hit a chokeslam, but Shark Boy bites his finger to break out of it. Shark Boy kicks Abyss in the corner, hits four punches, Abyss knocks him down, but fights back with knee to the head. Shark Boy goes up to the top, jumps, Abyss catches him and hits a big press slam. Abyss hits a big charge on Shark Boy in the corner, Shark Boy counters out of a shoulder submission, goes off the ropes and Abyss catches him, hitting the Black Hole Slam. Abyss goes for the cover and gets the 1, 2, 3.
After the match, Popeye (celebrating his 75th Anniversary) comes out and checks on Shark Boy at ringside.
- UP NEXT: Kid Kash & Dallas defend NwA World Tag Team Titles against America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm).
- The match has a 30 minute time limit.
NWA World Tag Team Championship Match Kid Kash & Dallas (c's) vs. America's Most Wanted The match starts with Kid Kash and James Storm. Both lock up, Kash hits a quick drop toe hold on Storm, Storm fights back and applies a headlock. Kash hits a quick takedown and Storm hits a big monkey flip when Kash comes back off the ropes. Chris Harris gets the tag and Harris launches Storm into the corner, connecting with Kash. Harris goes for the cover, but Dallas breaks it up. Storm gets the tag, but Kash bounces him off the top rope. Dallas gets the tag, hits a powerslam on Storm and launches Kash in the area, allowing Kash to come down on Storm hard.
We are back from commercial. Kash and Storm are in the ring. During the break, Storm hit a big superkick taking out Kash. Storm reaches for the corner, but Kash pulls him back out. We are down to 23:12 and Kash applies a submission on Storm. Dallas gets the tag, sits on the top rope, Kash climbs up on Dallas and goes a big moonsault, but Storm moves out of the way. Harris gets the tag and takes out Dallas with a jumping cross-body off the top. Harris hits a big jumping clothesline on Dallas, goes for the cover, but Kash breaks it up. Dallas puts Storm up on his shoulder, Kash goes up to the top, Dallas hits the Black Out, Kash connects with a frog splash off the top rope, but Harris hits a big spear on Kash. Dallas hits a big boot on Harris, attempts another on Storm, but Storm pulls down the top rope. Harris rolls up Dallas from behind, getting the 1, 2, 3 to become the NEW NWA World Tag Team Champions!
Winners & NEW NWA World Tag Team Champions: America's Most Wanted
- Backstage, a shot of Dusty Rhodes' boots were shown making his way to the arena at Universal Studios.
- A promo for the World X Cup were shown from this past month. This Wednesday night Team NWA's Jerry Lynn teams with Team Mexico's Hector Garza & Heavy Metal to take on Team Canada.
In-ring Segment: Dusty Rhodes, Jeff Jarrett & 3 Live Kru - In the ring, Mike Tenay introduces the legendary "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. Rhodes comes down to the ring and gets a great reaction from the crowd in Orlando. Rhodes said you talk about impact, impact heard all around the world, today is a major impact. Rhodes said tradition lives at TNA. Tenay brings up the rich history of the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Rhodes names Lou Thesz, Buddy Rogers, Jack Brisco, The Truth and others as examples. Tenay brings up how Jarrett captured the NWA World Heavyweight Title this past Wednesday in the King of the Mountain match. Rhodes said at one time, he considered Jarrett a brother in tradition in the ways of old school. Jeff Jarrett's music hit and appears at the top of the ramp with the NWA World Title and a guitar in hand. Jarrett gets in the ring and tells Dusty to look at himself. Jarrett asks why Dusty is even at the show. He said he admired and respected Dusty when he was 15 years old. Jarrett said he was greatful for everything he taught him, but that was 20 years ago. Jarrett said he doesn't even get it because he is trying to help him. He said he is trying to keep him from embarassing himself over and over again. Jarrett asks if it is about the money and says he will give him whatever he wants. He said there is a place for "guys" like you in the business and it isn't standing next to the 3-time World Heavyweight Champion and the King of the Mountain. He said it means not being in the ring, his ring. Jarrett said he gets it now. He compares Dusty to John Wayne riding into town and he is the local villan. Jarrett said he will take five steps forward and if he is still in Dodge, he will run him out of it. Jarrett steps five steps forward, turns around and Dusty hits some hard rights on Jarrett. Jarrett fights back with some hard rights of his own, grabs the guitar, but Ron "The Truth" Killings hits the ring. He takes out Jarrett with a jumping clothesline, misses a sidekick and Jarrett smashes the guitar over his head. Jarrett leaves the ring quickly as BG James and Konnan hit the ring. BG James said he reminds him of Eddie Van Halen, without his guitar he is nothing. James said Wednesday on PPV he will have to answer to the 3 Live Kru.
- UP NEXT: Shane Douglas will interview NWA TNA Director of Authority Vince Russo.
- A promo for the NWA TNA DVD, the Best of the X Division, was shown.
- Mike Tenay, Jerry Lynn, Scott Hudson and Jeremy Borash reflect on the X Division in NWA TNA. They plug that current champion, Frankie "The Future" Kazarian, will defend his title this Wednesday on PPV against the winner of tonight's Main Event.
- Backstage, Shane Douglas is with Vince Russo and asks who the mystery opponent will be tonight. Russo said he knows, but would rather keep it a secret for the fans.
- The match has a 10 minute time limit.
#1 Contendership Match for the X Division Title AJ Styles vs. Michael Shane vs. Elix Skipper vs. Chris Sabin All three men were in the ring and AJ Styles came out last to reveal himself as the mystery opponent. All four men begin to brawl when Michael Shane takes out Styles first. Shane hits a big knee drop on Chris Sabin, Elix Skipper climbs over Shane and takes out Styles. Sabin knocks Skipper over the top rope. In the ring, Styles hits a big dropkick on Shane taking him out. Styles goes off the ropes to take out Shane when Sabin gets up on the top and takes out Styles with a big dropkick. Skipper takes out Sabin as well, going for the cover, but only getting a two count. Skipper connects with a sidekick on Sabin and Shane hits a big german suplex on Skipper. Styles pulls Shane to the outside, but Shane gives him a big suplex on the outside. In the ring, Skipper hits a big takedown on Sabin, but Shane breaks up the pin. We are down to 6:49 when Shane hits a big jumping DDT on Skipper. Styles flips back into the ring over Shane and connects with a moonsault into a reverse neckbreaker. The pinfall gets broken up by Sabin. Styles tries to rollup Sabin, but Sabin jumps off the ropes and hits a tornado DDT. Sabin hits a big dropkick to Skipper in the corner, but Shane fights back with a big hip toss when Sabin turns around. Shane goes up to the top, but Styles knocks him off, allowing him to fall on the top rope. Skipper scales the top rope and hits a huricanranna to the outside. In the ring, Styles counters a german suplex from Sabin landing on his feet. Styles tosses Sabin to the outside. Styles runs, jumps and takes out Skipper on the outside. We are down to 4:10 and Shane launches Sabin into the corner. Shane looks to set up the superkick on Sabin when Styles jumps up on the top rope, jumps and takes out Shane. Styles picks up Shane and connects with the Styles Clash to get the 1, 2, 3.
Winner & NEW #1 Contender for X Title: AJ Styles
After the match, X Division Champion Frankie Kazarian comes out and congratulates Styles on his win. Styles stares down Kazarian and promises he will take the title this Wednesday night on PPV as the show goes off the air...
MATCHES SIGNED FOR THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT ON PPV: - Jerry Lynn, Hector Garza & Heavy Metal vs. Team Canada. - Shark Boy vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. David Young vs. D-Ray 3000 in a Four Corners Gut Check Match. - Newly crowned NWA World Tag Team Champions America's Most Wanted defend the titles against opponents voted on by the fans on NWATNA.com. - Frankie Kazarian (c) vs. AJ Styles for X Division Title. - Plus, newly crowned NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett will crown himself the King of the Mountain and speak on his title victory last week.* Be sure to visit our Archived Results Section - Click Here for results of past NWA TNA PPV events and the future site for all upcoming Impact! event recaps.
Wrestleview.com is not affiliated with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) or TNA Wrestling in any way. In addition, we are not affiliated with any independent professional wrestling organization. All pictures and media files are copyrighted by their respective owners.