iMPACT! Results - 5/11/06 (Sting's partner for Sacrifice & Six Man Tag)
Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
On Friday, May 12, 2006 at 4:50 PM EST
Full TNA iMPACT! Results – 5/11/06
Taped From: Orlando, Florida
Commentators: Mike Tenay & Don West
Quick Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The show opens with Team 3D coming out and Brother Ray getting on the mic. Ray can't understand why TNA would award AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels with an NWA World Tag Team Title shot against America's Most Wanted at Sacrifice since they feel they deserve it more. Ray points out that while Styles and Daniels are good and are the future of the wrestling business, they are the best tag team in wrestling history. The James Gang's music hits and out comes BG James and Kip James. BG gets on the mic and says he thinks he heard Ray call Team 3D the best tag team in wrestling history. BG points out that Team 3D never beat himself and Kip before. Ray adds that they beat them for their first ever WWE Tag Team Titles. BG then said while they were selling out Madison Square Garden, Team 3D was worrying about packing a bingo hall full of 350 people. Ray then says BG and Kip were just jealous because they could never get over in the bingo hall. A match between Team 3D and The James Gang is made for Sacrifice.
- Chris Sabin (Team USA) defeated Puma (Team Mexico) in a second round World X Cup Tournament match. Team USA now has 5 points, Team Mexico has 2 points, Team Canada has 0 points and Team Japan has 0 points. Team Canada was shown watching the match backstage, while the rest of Team Japan and Team USA watched from the opposite ramps.
- Backstage, America's Most Wanted, Team Canada, Gail Kim and Jackie are all shown. Jackie is shown crying and Gail kicks her out to get coffee. Chris Harris tells Jackie that there is no crying in wrestling. Larry Zbyszko comes up and asks Scott D'Amore for some help with Raven. D'Amore offered the services of A-1 to Zbyzsko and asked him if he could still book matches in TNA despite his probation status. Zbyzsko said he could and made Raven vs. A-1 for the Sacrifice PPV this Sunday.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash sets up part two of Alex Shelley's interview with Kevin Nash. Team USA members and X Division stars Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal were invited by Shelley to watch the second part of the video. The tape rolls and Nash brings up how his contract with TNA runs through October of this year. He argues that TNA should have done more with him like they have with Sting. Nash then says his next target is the pride and joy of TNA - the X Division. He said he wants to destroy TNA's identity so he can become the new identity of TNA and renegotiate a contract. Nash says they could line up every X Division wrestler and he could destroy them all night after night, even at his age. The video closes and Shelley tells Sabin, Dutt and Lethal that what the camera didn't catch was him defending the X Division with his heart and soul. They all say "sure you did" to Shelley. Shelley mentions that Nash will be at the Sacrifice PPV this Sunday. Dutt says he will met Nash head-on at the PPV this Sunday. Shelley was really funny in this segment.
- Abyss defeated Chase Stevens. Before the match, James Mitchell showed off the NWA World Title and said Cage had no chance this Sunday. Abyss used weapons in the match including a ladder and steel chair. It finished with Abyss giving Stevens a chokeslam through a table. The match was setup as a preview for Full Metal Mayhem this Sunday at Sacrifice for the NWA World Title against Christian Cage. After the match, Cage came out and attacked Abyss. Cage setup the ladder, jumped off and took out Abyss at ringside. TNA Security pulled them both apart to end the segment.
- Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner were in the ring. Sting came out along with Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell and Rick Steiner. Sting got on the mic and said Jarrett had the choice to pick his next partner for Sacrifice (didn't they say last week he wouldn't have a choice?). Jarrett gets on the mic and tells Sting to quit stalling. He said Sting looks like he is bluffing since he is the smartest man in pro wrestling today. Jarrett said Sting can't get guys like Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage and demanded to know his partner right now. Sting pulled out a card and with a quiet voice described his partner with some lackluster descriptions. Jarrett and Steiner were laughing. He then picked up his voice and yelled out that he was also the undefeated Samoa Submission Machine...Samoa Joe. Joe's music hit and he came out looking at Jarrett and Steiner with an evil grin. Jarrett and Steiner left the ring with a worried look on their faces.
- AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels & Rhino defeated NWA World Tag Team Champions America's Most Wanted & Bobby Roode. The finish saw Jackie come out and throw coffee in the face of James Storm. This allowed Rhino to the The Gore and get the pinfall.