On Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 10:22 PM EST Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several news items to report from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV as TNA prepares for the upcoming “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View on Sunday, December 10!
WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH ENDS IN CONTROVERSY – LAX LAWYER FORCES CORNETTE’S DECISION
Petey Williams was scheduled to join Kurt Angle in challenging The LAX for the World Tag Team Title on “iMPACT!”, but the LAX attacked Williams backstage prior to the bout, putting him on the sidelines for the match. As a result, Angle faced the LAX on his own, but it was “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe who stepped up to the plate and came to the ring to be Angle’s partner! It appeared Angle and Joe – who vowed to watch each other’s backs before their PPV rematch – became the new World Tag Team Champions, but TNA management director Jim Cornette ruled it a no contest. Apparently, the LAX’s lawyer once again threatened Cornette with legal action, claiming Joe wasn’t the original partner and thus the bout is null and void. As a result, the LAX are still the World Tag Team Champions.
CHRIS SABIN BECOMES THE NUMBER-ONE CONTENDER TO THE X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Also on Thursday night, Chris Sabin became the new number-one contender to the X Division Championship, defeating Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal in a three-way bout. As a result, Sabin will face Christopher Daniels for the gold at the upcoming “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View on Sunday, December 10.
WHAT’S THE CONNECTION BETWEEN ABYSS AND TOMKO?
During an in-ring speech, Christian Cage alluded to the fact that his juggernaut backup – Tomko – knows something about Abyss and his mysterious past. When the NWA World Champion came out with Jim Mitchell, Cage asked Abyss is he remembered Tomko! What is this all about? Without a doubt, we’ll find out more in the coming weeks!
STING ATTEMPTS TO GET INSIDE THE MIND OF THE MONSTER
Sting attempted to get inside the mind of the monster Abyss on Thursday’s broadcast, inviting the chaotic NWA World Heavyweight Champion to the ring without Jim Mitchell so he could speak to him. With Abyss listening on, Sting asked the champion why he needed his manager. Sting attempted to convince Abyss to be his own man, despite whatever tragedy has made him the way he is. Before Sting could finish, he was interrupted by Mitchell, who claimed Sting was wasting his time because Abyss was an animal who can’t be reasoned with. During the argument between Sting and Mitchell, Christian Cage and Tomko saw their opportunity to attack and beat down the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. However, it was Sting who ultimately came to Abyss’ aid and helped run off Cage and Tomko.
OTHER MAJOR NEWS ITEMS FROM “iMPACT!”:
- The Voodoo Kin Mafia aired their latest assault on WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, this time pleading with the competition to sign a “cease and desist” letter stopping them from airing any future “Dumb To The Xtreme” television skits.
- The war between The Latin American Exchange and America’s Most Wanted is far from over, as both James Storm and Chris Harris were brutalized by LAX on the broadcast. After James Storm was assaulted in the backstage area, Chris Harris attempted to gain revenge, but the odds were against him with the LAX numbers game.
- Eric Young has accepted a “Bikini Challenge” against TNA Knockout Ms. Brooks for the “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View. Young has vowed he will win the contest and has already begun an extensive weight-loss program.
- The normally calm and collected AJ Styles was anything but that on Thursday night, as he lashed out at Mike Tenay during a sitdown interview. When Tenay touched on Styles growing up poor and his problems with Rhino, “The Phenomenal One” took exception to the line of questioning!
- Kevin Nash had members of TNA’s X Division undergo physical tests on Thursday’s broadcast. Everyone passed and showed no signs of steroids – however, according to Nash, Alex Shelley has acquired the clap! Up next for the X Division stars are psychological exams.