On Friday, October 19, 2007 at 1:41 AM EST Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several news items to report from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” broadcast as TNA Wrestling prepares for the upcoming November 11 “Genesis” Pay-Per-View event:
- After Kurt Angle lost the TNA World Heavyweight Championship to Sting at Bound For Glory, he blamed Kevin Nash for costing him the bout on “iMPACT!”. When Angle confronted Nash in the ring and attacked him, Nash powerbombed the Olympic gold medalist! Angle tried to make good with Nash later on, but Nash wasn’t having any of it. Next Thursday on “iMPACT!”, Sting will defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Kurt Angle in a rematch from Bound For Glory – and Nash told Angle this time he’s on his own!
- The “Fight For The Right” for a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship continued on “iMPACT!”. Alex Shelley vs. Chris Sabin was ruled a no-contest after Team 3D put Sabin and Shelley through tables and announced they are now on a mission to destroy the X Division. This left an opening in the tournament, which Christian Cage filled later in the night as he defeated Samoa Joe (with help from Robert Roode) to earn the right into the tournament.
- In the second tournament match, Kaz defeated Lance Hoyt after Christy Hemme accidentally cost her protégé the bout.
- A sitdown interview aired on the show with Disco Inferno, who attempted a comeback only to be beaten by Abyss. Following the bout, Black Reign and manager James Mitchell attacked Abyss and covered his head with a bag containing Black Reign’s rat “Misty”.
- TNA Women’s newcomer Awesome Kong continued her path of destruction by defeating Talia Madison.
- In tag team action, Robert Roode and James Storm defeated Rhino and “Wildcat” Chris Harris. Following the bout, there was a heated exchange between Rhino and Harris as “The Wildcat” blamed Rhino for the loss.