Impact Results - 11/22/07 - ("Turkey Bowl" - Joe vs. Styles vs. Sabin)
Reported by Adam Martin
On Thursday, November 22, 2007 at 11:09 PM EST
Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
RESULTS FROM THE THANKSGIVING "iMPACT!" TURKEY BOWL:
- Chris Sabin of The Motor City Machineguns defeated Brother Devon of Team 3D in the first three-way bout. Abyss was eliminated from the bout after Black Reign and Rellik interfered in the match, as the three brawled out of the arena.
- Samoa Joe won the second three-way bout over Johnny Devine and Kip James of the Voodoo Kin Mafia when he pinned Devine after the Muscle Buster.
- AJ Styles won the final semi-final three-way bout over X Division Champion "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal and AJ's former mentor "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage. After Cage hit the Unprettier on Lethal, AJ accidentally stole the pin from his former friend!
- In the finals, it was Samoa Joe defeating AJ Styles and Chris Sabin! Samoa Joe won the $25,000, while the superstar he pinned - AJ Styles - was forced to wear a turkey suit!
- Also on "iMPACT!", Kevin Nash and Scott Hall crashed Kurt Angle's Thanksgiving dinner! Later in the broadcast, Hall and Nash joined Samoa Joe in a beatdown of their Turning Point opponents - Tomko, Styles and Angle. As the broadcast went off the air, Eric Young hit the ring and shoved a turkey leg in Angle's mouth.
- In women's action, ODB defeated Velvet Sky and Angelina Love
- New matches were announced for the December 2 "Turning Point" Pay-Per-View event:
Gail Kim will defend the Knockouts Womens Championship against Awesome Kong
In a Tables Match, it will be Team 3D and Johnny Devine taking on The Motor City Machineguns and "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal
In a Match Of 10,000 Tacks, it will be Abyss and Rhino facing Black Reign and Rellik
In a "Feast Or Fired" match, 15 superstars will compete for shots at the TNA World Championships! Four cases will hang from corners in the ring - three will contain a shot at either the TNA World, Tag Team or X Division Championships. The fourth will contain a certificate informing whoever gets it that they are fired!