Impact Results - 12/20/07 (Christmas theme, & Final Resolution PPV)
Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
On Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 11:17 PM EST
Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several news items to report from Thursday's special holiday "iMPACT!" broadcast on SpikeTV, including two matches announced for the January 6 "Final Resolution" Pay-Per-View event!
- It was announced during the broadcast that Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle will defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at "Final Resolution" against "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage!
- Cage and Angle got into a brawl at the end of the holiday broadcast after Angle took down Santa. Cage hit the ring and attempted to place the World Champion in his own Ankle Lock submission, but the Olympic gold medalist escaped from the ring.
- By winning their bout against Team 3D and Johnny Devine on "iMPACT!", the Motor City Machineguns and X Division Champion "Black Machismo" have earned the right to face them at the January 6 Pay-Per-View in an Ultimate X Match.
- Eric Young had a Christmas party on the broadcast, which included his entire family as well as a number of the TNA superstars. However, the festivities came to an abrupt halt when Samoa Joe arrived looking for Matt Morgan. Joe (who is in the middle of contract negotiations) told Morgan that Cornette could stick his latest offer. Joe then proceeded to trash the entire party in a fit of rage.
- In the Santa's Workshop Knockout Streetfight, Awesome Kong defeated Christy Hemme to get the win. Following the bout, TNA Women's Champion Gail Kim hit the ring to exact some revenge on Kong as the two had to be separated by TNA security.
- In a Reindeer Ladder Match, it was Kaz defeating "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, which forced the humiliated Styles to wear a reindeer outfit to end the broadcast. Styles suffered a similar fate last month when he lost a bout on Thanksgiving and was forced to wear a turkey outfit!