Impact Results - 3/6/08 (Angle & Cage - Six Sides of Steel, PPV hype)
Reported by Adam Martin
On Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM EST
Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several major news items to report from Thursday's "iMPACT!" - the final countdown before Sunday's "Destination X" live on Pay-Per-View!
- The broadcast featured all the superstars involved in Sunday's main event in singles action. In the first bout, Kevin Nash defeated AJ Styles in a Street Fight after Nash got the win with a chokeslam. AJ was obviously preoccupied with his thoughts on Karen Angle, who was absent from the broadcast. In the second bout, Tomko beat Samoa Joe in a controversial First Blood match, as Tomko was able to open a small cut on Joe's arm with a chairshot. In the final bout of the evening, it was a photo finish in the Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage Six Sides Of Steel match as Cage escaped the structure and apparently landed just before Angle did. Following the bout, Tomko and AJ Styles locked Christian inside the cage and brutalized him before Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash were able to get inside to help as iMPACT went off the air!
- TNA Management Director Jim Cornette announced that this Sunday, Booker T will face Robert Roode in a "Stand By Your Man" leather strap match. If Booker wins, Traci Brooks will be able to strap Payton Banks. If Roode wins, Banks will get the same opportunity to lash Brooks!
- By winning a Battle Royal, Curry Man and Shark Boy were able to make their own stipulation for Sunday's Pay-Per-View. They will face Team 3D in a "Fish Market Street Fight".
- In singles action prior to the Elevation X bout this Sunday, "The War Machine" Rhino defeated Judas Mesias.
- In addition, TNA Women's Champion Awesome Kong defeated Salinas of The Latin American Xchange
- New matches were also made for Sunday's Pay-Per-View, as it will be Eric Young and Kaz vs. Black Reign and Rellik, plus in a three-way bout it will be The Latin American Xchange vs. The Motor City Machineguns vs. The Rock N' Rave Infection to determine the #1 contenders to the TNA World Tag Team Title.