On Friday, April 18, 2008 at 12:07 AM EST Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several major news items to report from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” broadcast on SpikeTV, including the crowning of a new TNA X Division Champion!
- The broadcast kicked off with new TNA World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe speaking out on his win and the new era in TNA. However, Joe was interrupted by “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner, who announced he was cashing in on his “Fight For The Right” title shot at May’s Sacrifice against the World Champion! After that, Kurt Angle came out to announce that he was using his rematch clause immediately and wanted the title match next Thursday on “iMPACT!”.
- Also on the broadcast, “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal successfully defended the X Division Championship against Johnny Devine. However, after the match “Maple Leaf Muscle” Petey Williams cashed in on his Fight For The Right X Title shot, beating Lethal after the Canadian Destroyer (and a shot from his steel case) to become the new TNA X Division Champion!
- “iMPACT!” was also filled with controversy, as AJ Styles and Tomko lost the TNA World Tag Team Championship to Kaz and Super Eric in a three-way bout (also featuring The Latin American Xchange). However, the title was held up by TNA Management Director Jim Cornette when Super Eric refused to unmask, as it was Eric Young who was actually in the bout. Cornette – obviously frustrated with the situation – told the world he would make an official decision on next week’s broadcast!
- In the main event of the broadcast, it was Sting, Booker T and BG James defeating Robert Roode, “Cowboy” James Storm and Kip James in six-man action. Booker T beat Storm with the axe kick, but only after Matt Morgan interfered to give their team the advantage. After the bout, Booker T took exception to Morgan’s interference and had words with Morgan and Sting over the situation! In fact, Booker challenged Sting to fight him next week before leaving the arena!
- “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage and “The War Machine” Rhino defeated Team 3D in tag team action after some miscommunication between Brother Ray and Brother Devon. After the bout, TNA security had to step in between Team 3D, who nearly came to blows!
- TNA Knockout Women’s Champion Awesome Kong successful defended her title against Roxxi Laveaux, who won the “Queen Of The Cage” match at Lockdown.