Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
Impact Results - 6/12/08 (Joe vs. Kaz, Angle vs. Styles & much more)
On Friday, June 13, 2008 at 1:42 AM EST Results courtesy of TNAwrestling
There are several news items to report from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, featuring the aftermath of the Slammiversary PPV as TNA prepares for the upcoming Victory Road spectacular on Sunday, July 13!
- Reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe defeated Kaz. Following the bout, Booker T came to the ring and claimed Joe couldn’t call himself champion after Nash screwed Booker out of winning the gold at Slammiversary. Later in the broadcast, Samoa Joe told Booker T he would have his shot at the gold at the Victory Road event.
- After his wife Karen Angle cost him the bout against AJ Styles at Slammiversary, Kurt Angle claimed he was getting someone to hurt Karen since he couldn’t touch her. At the end of the broadcast, it was TNA Women’s Champion Awesome Kong that attacked Karen!
- In the main event of the broadcast, it was a Lumberjack Match with Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles. The numbers game was too much for Styles, as Kurt capitalized to get the win. After the bout, Angle, Tomko and Team 3D were going to put AJ, Christian Cage and Matt Morgan through tables, but Abyss made a surprise appearance to even the odds! During the carnage, Awesome Kong came out to attack Karen Angle.
- In a World X Cup preview bout, The Motor City Machineguns defeated Team Japan’s Doi and Yoshino
- The Latin American Xchange successfully defended the TNA World Tag Team Championship against Robert Roode and James Storm, despite a controversial finish to the first fall that saw Roode and Storm temporarily crowned new tag team champs. The referee restarted it, leading to LAX winning. Following the bout, Storm, Roode and Jacqueline viciously beat their opponents with leather straps.
- Gail Kim defeated Velvet Sky, then gave her a taste of her own medicine and gave her the paper bag treatment.
- Koslov of Team International (along with Daivari) defeated Curry Man
- “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt defeated Consequences Creed in X Division action. After the bout, “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal tried to go after Dutt, but Dutt got away. Lethal challenged Dutt to a bout next Thursday night.