Impact Results - 7/17/08 (Joe vs. Booker set for Hard Justice - more)
Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com|
On Friday, July 18, 2008 at 4:10 AM EST
Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several news items to report from Thursday's "iMPACT!":
- TNA Management Director Jim Cornette attempted to take back the TNA World Heavyweight Championship from Booker T, but Samoa Joe insisted that Booker keep it until Hard Justice - where Joe plans on beating Booker to rightfully reclaim it.
- Samoa Joe also demanded that Sting show his face to explain his actions at the Pay-Per-View, however, the icon was strangely absent from the broadcast.
- After losing the Strap Match at Victory Road, Beer Money promised revenge on Thursday night...and subsequently lashed several production members, backstage staff, fans and even Hector Guerrero.
- Kaz failed to claim the X Division Championship from "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams
- A challenge was made for AJ Styles, Christian Cage and Rhino to face Kurt Angle and Team 3D next week in a tables elimination match. Kurt Angle and Team #D also invited Sting into their "fraternity".
- Matt Morgan defeated Jimmy Rave, and then Lance Rock after a subsequent impromptu challenge.
- Velvet Sky won a Knockout Battle Royal to get a shot at Taylor Wilde and the TNA Women's Championship
- Sonjay Dutt defeated Eric Young and Johnny Devine in a three-way bout. After the match, "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal got into a brawl with Dutt, leading to SoCal Val chastising Lethal for punishing Dutt.
- In a Stretcher Match main event, Booker T battled Consequences Creed, that is until Samoa Joe emerged from the ambulance to get revenge on Booker.