There are several news items to report from Thursday's August 22 "iMPACT!": broadcast on Spike as TNA continues the road to the September 14 "No Surrender" Pay-Per-View event:
- In singles action, the Latin American Xchange's Homicide defeated one-half of the TNA World Tag Team Champions in Beer Money's Robert Roode
- The team of Eric Young and BG James defeated The Motor City Machineguns
- Matt Morgan won a singles bout, but he was attacked by Team 3D afterwards. Abyss once again came out to help "The Blueprint" run off Brother Ray and Brother Devon.
- In "Four Ways To Glory" qualifying, Booker T beat Rhino to advance to the main event World Title match at No Surrender on September 14.
- X Division Champion Petey Williams was disqualified against Consequences Creed after interference by Sheik Abdul Bashir
- Awesome Kong defeated Gail Kim in a Knockouts Street Fight
- In the main event, AJ Styles defeated Kurt Angle in a Ladder Match to retain possession of Kurt's Olympic Gold Medal. AJ was able to beat Kurt after the lights went out...and somehow Styles ended up with that familiar guitar to use on his nemesis to win it!
WrestleView.com is not affiliated with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) in any way. In addition, we are not affiliated with any indy or any other pro-wrestling federation, period. All pictures and media files are copyrighted by their respective owners.