Full WWE Velocity Results - 6/26/04 (Jindrak vs. Holly rematch, and GAB hype)
Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
On Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 2:29 AM EST
Full WWE Velocity Results - 6/26/04
Taped From: Orlando, Florida
Commentators: Bill DeMott & Josh Mathews
Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
- The green pyro goes off and we are ready for Velocity.
Charlie Haas w/ Miss Jackie vs. Sakoda
The match starts with both locking up and Haas taking down Sakoda with a shoulder takedown. Haas gets a fireman's carry, making Sakoda frustrated early in the match. Sakoda misses a kick to the head of Haas, but fights back with a cheap elbow. Haas hits a big hip toss, but Sakoda fights back with a kick into the corner. Sakoda applies a head submission and then charges Haas in the corner a few times. Haas drops Sakoda off the top rope, both exchange punches, Haas hits a dropkick and a big face buster. Haas then applies the Haas of Pain on Sakoda, making him tap out.
Winner: Charlie Haas
- LATER TONIGHT: Mark Jindrak vs. Hardcore Holly rematch.
- UP NEXT: Highlights from the 10 Man Battle Royal to determine the new #1 contender for the WWE Cruiserweight Title this past Thursday on SmackDown.
- A promo airs hyping the Concrete Crypt Handicap Match between The Undertaker and The Dudley Boyz. Paul Bearer will be at ringside in a glass crypt and if he doesn't "do the ring thing" as advised by Paul Heyman, a cement truck will fill it up.
- WWE STING OF THE NIGHT: Rey Mysterio defeats Chavo Guerrero Sr. two weeks ago on SmackDown to become the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion.
- FLASHBACK TO SMACKDOWN: The 10 Man Battle Royal from SmackDown with the #1 contendership on the line for the WWE Cruiserweight Title. We join the match already in progress and three superstars remain: Chavo Guerrero, Billy Kidman and Jamie Noble. Jamie Noble was eliminated by Billy Kidman. Chavo Guerrero eliminated Billy Kidman, earning a shot at the WWE Cruiserweight Title this Sunday at the Great American Bash against Rey Mysterio.
- UP NEXT: Eddie Guerrero takes on Luther Reigns this past Thursday night on SmackDown.
- FLASHBACK TO SMACKDOWN: Kurt Angle and John Bradshaw Layfield decide that Eddie Guerrero should be in action on SmackDown before his WWE Title match this Sunday at the Great American Bash. Luther Reigns is chosen to face Guerrero. During the match, Kurt Angle tries to get involved but it backfires when Guerrero knocks out Reigns with the WWE Title and throws it at Kurt Angle. The referee sees this, kicking Angle out of the ring. Guerrero connects with the Frog Splash on Reigns, but JBL hits the ring and wraps a bull rope around the neck of Guerrero. Eddie fights back, knocking out JBL with the bull rope. DeMott & Mathews plug the WWE Championship Texas Bull Rope Match at the Great American Bash this Sunday.
- WWE SLAM OF THE WEEK: Torrie Wilson and Sable brawl backstage after exchanging some choice words. They will have a match this Sunday at the Great American Bash.
Johnny Stamboli vs. Scoot Andrews
The match starts with both locking up and Stamboli tossing Andrews to the outside quickly. Andrews eventually gets back in and Stamboli hits a big fireman's carry. Andrews hits a cheap shot with his elbow and hits a drop toe hold in the corner on Stamboli. Andrews hits a big leg drop when Stamboli rolls back into the ring. Stamboli and Andrews exchange various sunset flips, but Stamboli takes him out quickly with a spinebuster. Stamboli attempts a military press, Andrews reverses, Stamboli hits a boot, Andrews goes to the top but Stamboli catches him and hits a big military press into a swinging DDT for the 1, 2, 3.
Winner: Johnny Stamboli
- UP NEXT: The Undertaker vs. John Cena from SmackDown this past Thursday night.
- FLASHBACK TO SMACKDOWN: Highlights were shown of the events involving The Undertaker, Paul Heyman and the Dudley Boyz. We jump to the main event on SmackDown this past Thursday night between The Undertaker and John Cena. The Undertaker gets the win after knocking out Cena with his chain followed by the Tombstone Piledriver. After the match, Paul Heyman comes out and shows Undertaker the urn. 'Taker gets down on one knee and worships the urn to Heyman.
- DeMott & Mathews run down the card for the Great American Bash (at least the ones they feel are important): The Undertaker vs. The Dudley Boyz in a Concrete Crypt Handicap Match, John Cena vs. Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree in a Four Way Elimination Match for the WWE United States Title, Torrie Wilson vs. Sable, Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero for the WWE Cruiserweight Title and Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield in a Texas Bull Rope Match for the WWE Championship.
- UP NEXT: Mark Jindrak vs. Hardcore Holly rematch.
- A promo runs hyping the Texas Bull Rope Match for the WWE Championship between Eddie Guerrero and John Bradshaw Layfield at the Great American Bash.
Mark Jindrak w/ Theodore Long vs. Hardcore Holly
The match starts when Holly hits the ring and Jindrak starts hitting some hard elbows to the back right away. Holly fights back with a stiff chop. Jindrak hits some hard rights and Holly comes back with a quick hip toss. Holly hits some more stiff chops in the corner and then goes to the outside chasing down Theodore Long. Jindrak follows him out and slams him into the ring barricade. Jindrak throws Holly back in and hits a quick suplex. Jindrak launches Holly into the corner and hits some kicks as well. Jindrak hits some charges in the corner and appears to have control of the match with Holly down on the ground in a submission. Holly hits a big boot in the corner when Jindrak charges. Holly goes up to the top, jumps and connects with a cross-body for a two count. Holly hits a dropkick and knocks Theodore Long out on the ring apron. Jindark responds with a dropkick, but only gets a two count. Holly then hits the Alabama Slam to get the 1, 2, 3.
Winner: Hardcore Holly
- End of show.