This past weekend, Ring of Honor ran its latest set of TV Tapings in Baltimore, Maryland. Here are some notes from the tapings according to PWInsider.com:
The next set of tapings will be in Baltimore on 2/2 at 7:30 PM EST, allowing some of the ROH talent to work the afternoon card of National Pro Wrestling Day in Philadelphia.
ROH is now selling replicas of all of their title belts at this link, but it comes at a very expensive price, at around $1.500 to $3,500 a belt.
The next shows for Ring of Honor will be on Friday, January 18th in Dearborn, Michigan & Saturday, January 19th in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- The Briscoes defend the ROH Tag Titles against the American Wolves
- Jimmy Jacobs enters the Proving Ground against TV Champion Adam Cole
- Kevin Steen defends the World Title against Tadarius Thomas
- Jay Lethal vs. Steve Corino
- Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Edwards, Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin in the 2nd ever "Defy or Deny" match. (If Strong, Elgin or Edwards win, they get a title shot. If Steen wins, whomever pinned can no longer get a title shot as long as Steen is champion.)
- Davey Richards finally goes one-on-one with Kyle O'Reilly
- Matt Hardy vs. B.J Whitmer
- The Briscoes & Jay Lethal vs. Steve Corino, Jimmy Jacobs & Rhino
In regards to Charlie Haas to put over his "Outlaw" nickname, ROH is beginning to censor him on TV because his language and actions are too much for TV. A side note to this is that an independent promotion in New York City stopped using Haas because of the same thing.
Matt Hardy will here-by be known in ROH as "The Self-Proclaimed Icon".
ROH is looking to run Philadelphia sometime in the fall of this year.
Upcoming dates for ROH include Cincinnati on 2/16, Chicago Ridge on 3/2 for an iPPV and 3/3 for TV Tapings, 3/30 in Asheville, North Carolina, 4/5 in New York City for an iPPV and 5/4 in Toronto for an iPPV.