Lots of news and notes from the Impact Wrestling tapings on Friday night in Bethlehem as the company heads to New York City next week for more television tapings.
* Gail Kim def. Madison Rayne to become the new TNA Knockouts Champion at the Impact Wrestling tapings on Friday night in Bethlehem. This will air on 7/3 on Spike TV.
* Another title change went down at the tapings on Friday as Austin Aries def. Sanada to become the new TNA X Division Champion. This will air on the 7/10 show on Spike TV.
* Rhino returned to the company attacking Bully Ray in a segment to air on the 7/3 show. He also appeared at the second taping that will air on 7/10.
* The Willow gimmick was dropped for the 7/10 taping as Jeff Hardy worked the show winning a 20 Man Battle Royal to earn a TNA Championship match against Lashley at the upcoming New York City tapings next week.
* Regarding the upcoming New York City tapings, the 6/25 event will feature Lashley vs. Jeff Hardy for the TNA Championship and an appearance by The Great Muta. The 6/26 taping will carry the “Destination X” theme with either Lashley or Hardy defending the TNA Championship against current TNA X Division Champion Austin Aries. Current and former X Division talent are booked for the taping as well. Matt Hardy is also signed to appear at the New York City tapings to reunite The Hardy Boys. The company is also expected to return back to using the six-sided ring starting at the tapings next week.