7/19 TNA Results: Lexington, Kentucky
Chris Adams passed along this report.
I attended TNA's 2014 BaseBrawl event at Whitaker Bank Ballpark (home of the Lexington Legends) on Saturday night, July 19.
Here are the match results:
(1) Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards defeated The BroMans and Mr. Anderson and Gunnar in a three way for the TNA tag titles.
(2) Gail Kim pinned Velvet Sky to retain her TNA Women's title
(3) Sanada pinned Samoa Joe after interference by James Storm (who accompanied Sanada to the ring)
(4) Magnus pinned Abyss
(5) Bobby Lashley pinned Eric Young to retain his TNA World Championship
(6) Bully Ray defeated Rockstar Spud and EC3 in a tables match when he put Spud through a table. The match started out as just Bully and EC3, but Spud informed the crowd that Dixie Carter had just texted him and ordered the match to be a handicap match with him involved. Too bad for Spud, as Bully put him through the table within five minutes of his entry into the match.
Bully Ray picked a little girl out of the audience who looked to be about 4-5 years of age and gave her a piece of the table that he put Spud through. He autographed it for the little girl and announced her name over the PA system. Bully was way over with the crowd. Bully also led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday to Jeremy Borash, who was celebrating his birthday. Bully really was the star of the show tonight!
I'm not good at estimating attendance, but I would say there were 500-600 fans in attendance. I suspect the crowd would have been larger, but rain was in the forecast all day, probably keeping many away. Thankfully, it didn't rain a drop until the very last match when it started to mist. Whatever the size, this was a hot crowd and into every match.
The wrestlers put on a great show and the show lasted about 2.5 hours. Sometimes, at these house shows it seems that some performers just "go through the motions". But not tonight. All the performers seemed to go all out and worked hard to put on great matches. The fans appreciated it and were very vocal all night.
Just to note, I purchased a TNA VIP Experience package. In addition to merchandise, the package allowed the fans to meet several of the performers, actually MOST of the wrestlers on the card. The wrestlers posed for photos with fans as well as signed autographs before the show began and during intermission. I was able to get autos from and photos with The Wolves, Eric Young, Gail Kim, EC3, Rockstar Spud, Bobby Lashely, Velvet Sky, Abyss, Samoa Joe, James Storm, Mr. Anderson, Earl Hebner, Brian Hebner, and Bully Ray (Many say Bully comes off as a jerk in person, but definitely not tonight. He was extremely fan friendly!) All the stars were very gracious and were very patient signing and posing for photos. It was a very relaxed, fun atmosphere. Say whatever you will about the TV product, but TNA really does a great job giving the fans' their money's worth. This was the most fun I've had at a wrestling event in a long time!