– The Ring of Honor Wrestling intro hits.
– We see highlights of last week’s show.
– Mike Hogewood and Dave Prazak welcome us to the show. They plug the main event later tonight featuring Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black.
Dark City Fight Club defeated Grizzly Redwood & Andy Ridge. All four had a shake of the hands at the start of the match for the Code of Honor. Some impressive hook suplexes by the Dark City Fight Club on Andy Ridge. Was pretty much a squash from beginning to end here with Grizzly Redwood bumping all over the place for Dark City. Grizzly took a huge Monty Brown style Pounce flying into the corner. The double team finisher was very impressive which got the unintentionally awesome “slap the porpouse!” response from Hogewood. Funny spot saw a fan actually help Grizzly to his feet at ringside who was completely out of it.
– Kyle Durden was backstage with Bryan Danielson. Danielson said he isn’t worried about Tyler Black tonight since he has gone through them all in ROH. He said everyone will find out tonight if Black is for real or not.
– We go back to the arena where Nigel McGuinness is already in the ring. Nigel complained about not getting the respect of “you wankers.” He said he actually prefers it that way because he would never want the respect from muppets like them. Nigel said after he beats Alex “Sugarfoot” Payne tonight they can call kiss his beautiful British ass. Good promo by Nigel.
Nigel McGuinness defeated Alex “Sugarfoot” Payne. Payne brought some offense early in the match with some dropkicks and elbows. Hogewood said the last time Payne was on HDNet he didn’t look impressive at all and was hoping to turn it around here tonight. Match was all Nigel for a majority of the time with lots of shoulder locks and submissions. Nigel got the win with a lariat and the Tower of London from the top turnbuckle.
– Kyle Durden was backstage next with Tyler Black. Black said many people out there today think Bryan Danielson is the best wrestler alive, while others think that is just a tag line. He said Danielson truly is the best wrestler in the world and he idolized him. Black said tonight he proves he can hang with the best in the world.
Chris Hero & Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Briscoe & ROH World Tag Team Champion Kevin Steen. No Code of Honor in this match as Hero and Edwards jumped Briscoe and Steen right away. Hero and Edwards kept Briscoe in the ring for a majority of the match preventing a tag to Steen. This came off really good and was one of the rare ROH matches that didn’t go 100 mph and really got the crowd into it. Were tons of quick tags between Hero and Edwards. Hot tag to Steen who took out Hero and Edwards with some big overhead belly-to-belly suplexes. Steen hit the package piledriver on Edwards to get the pinfall. Very smartly worked and well done tag match.
Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black went to a time limit draw. Some interesting mat wrestling with bridges early on between Danielson and Black. Danielson worked on Black’s leg on the mat as well. Danielson was able to escape some offense from Black and then locked on a modified surfboard submission. Lots of Danielson dodging Black who tried to chase him down. Black was able to get in some offense in the corner until Danielson turned it around with uppercuts and a big surfboard submission. Danielson locked on a backwards guillotine choke that looked great as well and Black refused to tap out. Danielson with a big suicide dive on Black to the guard railing on the outside. Danielson went up top and Black countered with a big dropkick to the chest. Black with more dropkicks to Danielson who bailed outside. Black then took out Danielson with a big flipping dive over the top rope. The remaining moments of the match were real good with Danielson countered a Pele Kick from Black into an Ankle Lock in mid air. Black again refused to tap out. Black countered a german suplex from Danielson and kicked out of a quick sunset flip pin from Danielson. Black countered a back suplex into a cross body from the top turnbuckle on Danielson. Black missed the Phoenix Splash, Danielson hit a big knee to the face and locked on a triangle choke. Black lifted Daneilson up still in the triangle and threw Danielson at the corner. Time expires and we have a time limit draw. The crowd chants “five more minutes.” Danielson and Black shook hands after the match. Very good main event.
– Next week on ROH: Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong and the ROH debut of Ric Flair. Another video package aired hyping the debut of Flair on May 2.