Fabe sent this report in.
Results of the WWE Raw Holiday Tour House Show at Madison Square Garden 12/27/12:
The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg Jesse James and Bad Ass Billy Gunn) defeated The Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow). Road Dogg pinned Rhodes. HUGE POP for the return of the 5 time former WWE(F) Tag Team Champions of the Worrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllldddd.
Brodus Clay pinned David Otunga in about 2 minutes. After the match, Jack Swagger came out and, among other things, called Brodus the “Mark Sanchez of Dancing”, which led to…
Brodus Clay pinned Jack Swagger after a big splash.
The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, & Roman Reigns) defeated the Miz and WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) when Reigns pinned the Miz following a power bomb.
Santino Marella pinned Tensai in a hilarious matchup. Due to a pre-match stipulation, the loser of the bout had to sing either “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” or “Jingle Bells”, based on a Twitter vote by the live audience. Tensai was forced to sing “Rudolph”, but not after objecting to the live crowd that he, Heyman, and (ring announcer) Justin Roberts were Jewish and he didn’t know the words. The crowd actually joined in taunting Tensai as well as singing along towards the end. Great job by Albert…er…Tensai.
Eve successfully defended her WWE Divas Title by pinning Kaitlyn.
WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro successfully retained his title by defeating crowd favorite Zack Ryder.
The USO’s defeated the Prime Time Players.
In a New York City Street Fight, Ryback defeated Paul Heyman via pinfall, but not before getting attacked following the opening bell by the Shield. The Miz, Kane and Daniel Bryan made the save and fought off the shield. After the match, Ryback crashed Heyman through a table that was set up by the turnbuckle.
In a steel cage match, John Cena pinned Mr. Money in the Bank Dolph Ziggler in a 5 star thriller. Zigger got help from both AJ and Big E. Langston, both of whom entered the cage. Zigger mistakenly hit Langston with Sweet Chin Music when Cena ducked the kick while being held. Cena followed the blunder up with the Attitude Adjustment for the finish.
GREAT SHOW and the crowd was into every single match. Vickie Guerrero was on hand to impose her evil will on the crowd with great success. Paul Heyman is still fantastic as a heat magnet, Dolph Ziggler is probably the best athlete in the WWE, or at least has the greatest dropkick, suplex, bodyslam, etc. Ryback is seriously challenging Cena for top fan reactions and pops. Don’t know what happened to Tensai. He returned to the WWE and destroyed Cena on Raw, but is now singing Christmas Carols on House Shows? And big props to the company for bringing back the NAO.
Nick C. sent this report in.
The show kicked off with Justin Roberts introducing Vickie Guererro. “EXCUSE ME”! Vickie announced the following card for tonight, Ryback vs Paul Heyman in a NYC Street Fight. John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler in a Steel Cage Match.
(1) The New Age Outlaws defeated Team Rhodes Scholars when Billy Gunn pinned Cody after the FameAsser. Before the match Roaddog did his usual “Ladies and Gentleman Boys and Girls of all ages DX proudly brings to you the former 5 time WWE Tag Team Champions of the Woooorld, The Roaddog Jesse James, The Bad Ass Billy Gunn The New Age Outlaws”! Gunn said “If your not down with that we go two words for ya well I know this is PG now and not Attitude but so what were in NYC, SUCK IT!” It was great to see NAO in action once again. They were advertised all week to be on the MSG card.
Justin announced tonight there will be a Special Attraction Match with Santino Marella vs Tensai and the Loser has to sing a Christmas Song. Text 1 for “Jingle Bells” and 2 for “Rudolph.”
(2) Brodus Clay (w/The Funkadactyls) defeated David Otunga with the Funkasaurus Splash. Jack Swagger came out and cut a heel promo to challenge Brodus to a match and told him that he will never win the big one just like The Knicks.
(3) Brodus Clay (w/The Funkadactyls) defeated Jack Swagger with the Funkasaurus Splash.
(4) WWE Divas Champion Eve defeated Kaitlyn with the Heart Breaker.
(5) Santino Marella defeated Tensai after hitting the Cobra in a Loser has to sing a Christmas Song Match. The votes are in and the fans chose “Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer” for Tensai to sing and he told the crowd that he was Jewish and doesn’t know how to sing Christmas Music so he started singing a Hanukah song. Eventually Tensai sang Rudolph but was interrupted during the song with “WHAT?” Chants. Tensai told the crowd to shut up and show some respect but he finished singing the song anyway.
(6) The Shield defeated The Miz and WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No in a 6 Man Tag Match when The Shield Triple Power Bombed The Miz and Roman Reigns scored the pinfall. Miz worked great with Kane and Bryan. The Shield continues to get better as a faction.
(7) WWE U.S Champion Antonio Cesaro defeated Zack Ryder with the Neutralizer. Ryder and Cesaro both worked a great match with near fall finishes.
Paul Heyman was introduced to the ring and told the crowd who cares about the NY Knicks or NY Rangers it’s all about Wrestling history here at MSG and how he can talk about the great wrestling history with the likes of Bruno Sammartino, Superstar Billy Graham, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold and The Rock. Heyman claimed that he is the toughest man in NYC and could beat up anyone. Then Ryback came out to “Feed Me More Chants” The Shield attacked Ryback in the ring but The Miz and Team Hell No came out to make the save and fought The Shield off to the back. Heyman looked down at Ryback and the bell rang.
(8) Ryback defeated Paul Heyman with the Shell Shocked within a matter of seconds in a NYC Street Fight. “Feed Me More!”
(9) John Cena pinned Dolph Ziggler (w/AJ and Big E. Langston) when Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Ziggler in a Steel Cage Match. During the match Langston prevented Cena from winning and gave Cena the Big Ending and Ziggler went for the pin but Cena kicked out. AJ hit the ring and slapped Cena across the face but got a Kiss from John then Langston grabbed Cena from behind. Ziggler went for a Super Kick but missed and knocked out Langston and that’s when Cena hit the AA on Ziggler for the win.
Very solid show at The Garden once again and the arena was mostly full. Roberts announced that they will return April, 6 2013 at MSG for the Hall of Fame Ceremony and tickets are on sale now.
Biggest Pops: Cena (“Let’s go Cena”! Ryback New Age Outlaws Ryder Team Hell No Miz Santino Kaitlyn and Eve Brodus Ziggler ( Some fans were behind him and cheered for when he hit Cena with “YEAH”!)
Biggest Heat: Vickie The Shield Heyman Rhodes Scholars Cesaro Ziggler AJ and Langston Tensai ( Albert chants and interrupted with “WHAT?” when he sang “Rudolph”) Swagger Cena ( “Cena sucks”! From some of the Cena haters”)