The following was taped on Tuesday in Worcester, Massachusetts.
WWE Smackdown tapings for January 17, 2013:
* The New Age Outlaws def. WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust in a non-title match.
* Paul Heyman is out next representing his client Brock Lesnar. Heyman talks about Big Show attacking Lesnar and that Lesnar will conquer the Big Show at the Royal Rumble. Big Show is out next and Heyman bails. Big Show shows footage of his attack on Lesnar. He then talks about being "Paul Heyman Guy" before it was cool and promises to knock out Lesnar at the Royal Rumble PPV.
* Naomi def. Tamina Snuka.
* Video package is shown of Daniel Bryan attacking The Wyatt Family on RAW.
* The Wyatt Family was out next. Bray Wyatt talks about his father turning his back on him and how "she" saved him. Wyatt said Bryan left him a battered mess, but this was the moment "she" told him would happen. He said Bryan was given every chance to walk with the reapers, but instead he will burn with the saints.
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston def. Fandango.
* Backstage, The Shield talk about being part of the 30-Superstar Royal Rumble. They are asked if they will stick together when that match is every man for himself. Dean Ambrose says Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are his best friends and that no one can stop them if they are on the same page. Rollins said he'd eliminate Ambrose in a heartbeat if he could earn a title shot. Reigns then said he'd eliminate them both for a shot at the title.
* The Usos def. The Real Americans.
* CM Punk is out next knowing he is at risk with what he is about to say. Punk starts running down Triple H and that how he hides behind his wife. The Shield and The New Age Outlaws come out and surround the ring. Kane is out next and tells everyone to stand down. He enters the ring and tells Punk that The Authority doesn't want it this way. Kane said The Authority wants Punk to win the Royal Rumble and get a title shot at Wrestlemania. Punk says Kane's words mean nothing. Kane then tells the Shield and Outlaws to attack. Kane then gives Punk a chokeslam and stands over him to end the show.
* Post-taping bonus match: CM Punk def. The Shield in a Handicap match.