Chuck Carroll sent this in.
wanted to pass along an interview I did with Daniel Bryan on the Turnbuckle Weekly with Chuck Carroll.
You can hear the interview on the CBS Play.It Podcast Network as well as radio and television websites around the country.
He told me that he wasn’t officially cleared to return to the ring until the day before his first match back.
He wasn’t cleared at the time he announced he would be in the Royal Rumble. On that Monday, Bryan said he was only about 90 percent sure medical clearance was imminent.
However, he also told me that he had been in touch with WWE in the three or four weeks before the announcement and let them know that the treatment was finally working and he was preparing to return.
We also talked about the negative reaction Roman Reigns received at the Royal Rumble. Bryan said it had less to do with overzealous Philadelphia fans and more to do with the hardcore WWE wrestling fan base that traveled from all over to attend the show.
Here is a look at everything we discussed:
– Health update: his neck and arm strength after being back for a month
– When he told WWE he was coming back
– What he did to knock off rust before getting back in the ring
– How quickly he returned after being cleared by doctors
– Negative reaction to Roman Reigns
– Difference between last year’s organic title push and this year’s story lines
– What winning a title would mean after all the adversity last year
All of my past interviews with WWE talent can be heard here: http://www1.play.it/audio/turnbuckle-weekly-with-chuck-carroll/