According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Bret Hart has been in talks with WWE about doing some business and the talks may have played a part in wanting to refresh the whole “1997 Survivor Series incident” in Montreal at the Breaking Point PPV on September 13.

It is believed talks between Hart and WWE began around the time Vickie Guerrero gave her notice to the company that she was leaving. While there is said to be nothing on the table as of right now or anything being agreed to that would go down imminently, Hart has been open to the idea of returning as a weekly storyline character on TV for the first time since his departure in 1997. He had been against it publicly for years now.

It should be noted that there has been talks within WWE for years about this direction and more so in 2006 when Vince McMahon told the creative team that he was going to have a street fight on a PPV with Bret, but it never happened. This was believed to be around the time where the whole “God” storyline took place with the original plan being Vince and Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart. At the time they were said to be more confident than ever that Bret would come in and do it, but he changed his mind and the belief was because he couldn’t do much in the ring.

Follow WrestleView.com on Twitter: twitter.com/wrestleview
Send us news/results: click here