Indy News Update #1 for October 26, 2011
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Dory Funk sent this in.
!BANG! TV Report – Mickie James, Hollywood Heather vs Claudia “The Claw” Reiff and Barbara Garcia
Imbed File – Claudia “The Claw” Reiff and Barbara Garcia win Funking Conservatory Wrestling’s Women’s Tag Team Championship.
A Ladies Tag Team Championship Match Featuring – Mickie James and Hollywood Heather challenging Champions, Claudia “The Claw” Reiff and Barbara Garcia will headline the card at Support Your Troops 71, “Hard-Core Homecoming” at the !BANG! TV Sound Stage in Ocala, Florida Saturday November 12. Show time is 7:00pm and doors open at 6:30pm.
Also headlining the card will be Dory Funk Jr., Johnny Magnum, Luke Spencer, Blain Rage, Shane Chung, Jayson Falcone, Cory “Wild” Weston, Johnny Romano and more.
For tickets to Support Your Troops 71, “Hard-Core Homecoming” call now 352-895-4658 ou you may purchase tickets online at http://www.dory-funk.com –
Now featured on Premium !BANG! TV, Wedding Message from Dory Funk and Funking Conservatory Wrestling for Osamu Nishimura and his “Bride to Be” Megumi San.
Cory “Wild” Weston vs Jayson Falcone with Luke Spencer and Hollywood Heather at Ringside.
Dory Funk Jr. is the Coach of Funking Conservatory Wrestling and Trainer of WWE, TNA, NXT and Japanese Wrestling Talent.
For Training Information at Funking Conservatory Wrestling, Call now 352-895-4658 or visit http://www.dory-funk.com
Danny Warren sent this in.
10/25- Canadian Wrestling Legend Out of Retirement For Rumble
On Friday, November 11th AOD/CWE present “A Rumble To Remember” in what has quickly become the most talked about wrestling event all year in the city of Winnipeg with literally a list of who’s who in Central Canadian wrestling from not only the present taking part but also the past competing in a record breaking 50 man rumble. CWE launched in January of 2009 and very quickly became the top quality wrestling alternative in the province before expanding into Ontario and Saskatchewan in 2010. The company is set to celebrate its third year of operations this January and everyone is gunning to headline the event against current champion and the man who not been pinned in the company’s near three year history, Mentallo. With such a tough decision needing to be made and so many potential contenders, Mentallo the leader of the AOD, who is currently in control of the company decided the best way was a historic 50 man rumble with a new man entering every minute until one man was left in the ring and declared the winner. With close to 100 wrestlers considered for the rumble applicants have slowly been being narrowed down to fit the count of 50. Here is the current list of announced competitors with more still to come!
You read that name correctly! The 69 year old industry wide respected legend is dusting off the boots and dawning the trunks for one final run at championship gold! Condello who has been in the business for over 40 years and hasn’t competed in a match in over ten years has entered his name into the hat for a chance of challenging Mentallo for the CWE championship at the 3rd year anniversary show. Condello with decades of experiences has trained such wrestling greats as “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Don “Cyrus” Callis. On top of his wrestling and training credentials Condello has gained even more fame with his infamous Northern dates tours where he gave future superstars like Edge, Christian, Lance Storm, Rhyno, among many others some of their first touring opportunities. Although partially removed from the promoting game when Condello does produce an event he works hand in hand with CWE management and wrestlers in what has become a very strong relationship between all involved parties. Condello wanted one more shot at the gold and he’s got it! Could Tony Condello vs. Mentallo headline the 3rd year anniversary show? Stranger things have happened!
Competitors already announced,
1) “Hotshot” Danny Duggan
2) “Big” Cliff Corleone
3) “Misfit” Mike Mission
4) 123Approved.ca Open Rules Champion Moses Luke
5) B. Brian Rich
6) “Big Sexy Beast” AJ Sanchez
7) “Big Sexy Beast” Kevy Chevy
8) Cory Diamond
9) Kory Kinkade
10) Darren “The Bomb” Dalton
11) “Classic” Matt Fairlane
12) “Murder City Saint” Nate Hardy
13) “Murder City Saint” Darian Karisma
14) CWE Tag Team Champion Anderson Tyson Moore
15) CWE Tag Team Champion “Pissed Off Pitbull” Robby Royce
16) “Pimp Daddy” Rick Matthews
17) “Supreme Adonna” Tommy Lee Curtis
18) “Supreme Adonna” Heavy Metal
19) Tyler Colton
20) Zack Mercury
21) “The Infamous” Steve Stylez
22) “The Cat Daddy” Bobby Sharp
23) Bucky Briggs
24) “The Asian Assassin” KATO
25) Tony Condello
New faces debuting and old faces returning, here’s a look at other competitors just released for the rumble,
26) “Psycho Banger” Jerin Rose- The 12 year veteran of the sport competed in CWE’s first few events and returns with some hardware around his waist. Jerin Rose is the current holder of the Steeltown Pro Wrestling Provincial title and looks to add another title to his collection!
27) “Iron” Ike Idol- The current Steeltown Pro Wrestling champion steps into a CWE ring for the very first time and is looking to make that debut a memorable one. Sporting one of the hardest chops in professional wrestling and a ruthless mean streak like no other Ike Idol is a contender on Nov 11!
28) Sgt. Tom Steele- If experience is a factor this man very well could be the winner of A Rumble to Remember! With over 25 years of experience in the business Sarge has competed all across the continent has won gold each and every place he has competed. While actively competing Steele was one of the most feared men in locker room he stepped foot in. That still is the case in 2011.
29) AJ Singh- This blue chipper is looking to re-start what was looking to be a very promising and bright future with a strong outing on November 11th. As a teenager Singh wowed audiences with passion and desire like no other. A few years removed the business Singh has vowed to be a force never seen before on his conquest to challenge for the CWE title!
30) Ricky Cena- The smallest man in the rumble by far will be Ricky Cena in his first appearance as a wrestler for the company. Cena broke into the business a member of the CWE ring crew. Feeling politics held him down from breaking through as a top player on the Canadian scene he opted to ply his trade elsewhere. He now comes back to CWE with a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove!
31) Marc Merric- Love him or hate him everyone has an opinion about the controversial Marc Merric. Merric has rarely found himself fitting in, in any locker room his has ever been in but always seems to pick up and succeed elsewhere. Always being told he isn’t good enough Merric looks to debut and set the record straight when he competes against the best Central Canada has to offer in the rumble. This is a chance to prove his doubters wrong like no other.
32) Paul Riviera- A blast from the past and a name many not be familiar with. Riviera had a short rise to fame in the dying days of Ultimate Thunder Wrestling where he captured tag team gold and main evented many of events after only being in the business a short period of time. Always hated by audiences city wide Riviera opted to leave the business while on top of UTW and is only returning because of how great the opportunity at hand is.
33) Mad Man Muir- The grizzled veteran makes his first appearance in CWE with quite the resume to back him up. In the 12 years Muir has competed he has rarely been without tag team or heavyweight gold in the local companies he has competed for. With the style of a “mad man” he has always attacked opponents with an unpredictable unorthodox offense. That unpredictable approach may very well be what it takes to win the rumble.
34) Scottie Stylez- Another top star from the early 2000’s comes out of retirement for a shot at the gold on Nov 11th when the flamboyant and energetic Scottie Stylez returns to the ring. Stylez a former junior heavyweight sensation for the now inactive CWF topped the division at a time Mentallo was the top star of TRCW’s junior division nearly a decade a go. 10 years after the fact could the two do battle over gold in a CWE ring?
And two new additions as this release was in progress,
35) Lord Wolfstein- If the competition in the rumble wasn’t going to be tough enough one of the most feared men in all of professional wrestling Lord Wolfstein has just been selected for A Rumble to Remember on November 11th. Wrestling’s only warlock strikes fear into his opponents body’s simply with his appearance. His ability to strike fear doesn’t end there with a violent arsenal of offense very few can survive. With this addition it is very likely Mentallo vs. Lord Wolfstein could headline the 3rd year anniversary show.
36) Chris Raine- For the first time in nearly 5 years one of the most successful wrestlers from the past decade will lace up the boots in what many fans will consider a highly anticipated return to the ring in Winnipeg. Depending on the time period Raine was easily considered either the most hated or most popular wrestler in “The Lid wrestling days” where at one time he held two titles at the same time. His success didn’t stop there as he was the top dog out of Selkirk based promotions Body Slam Wrestling and Power Slam Wrestling. With what looked to be a skyrocketing career Raine mysteriously vanished from wrestling all together to re-emerge as an award winning body builder. Men, hide your girlfriends and wives Winnipeg wrestling’s Superman is back!
14 participants still left to be announced for this first ever event! Advance tickets are going by the day so get yours now!
Friday November 11th- Winnipeg, MB
Location: The Polish Fraternal Hall (768 Mountain Ave.)
Time: Doors Open 7pm, Bell time 7:30pm.
Tickets: $15 in advance, $18 at the door
Advance tickets available at: Advance Tickets Available at: Rudy’s Video (668 Sheppard St.), Blade Hair Design (3-1341 Henderson Hwy), Aaron’s (1600 Regent Ave)
Purchase tickets online at diyobo.com
Stay tuned to www.cwecanada.ca