Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako sent this in.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for October 27th.
– As announced yesterday, “The Proving Ground” comes to ROH’s “Glory by Honor X” on November 19th and it will be ROH Television Champion Jay Lethal against former ROH World & former ROH World Tag Team Champion Roderick Strong. A “Proving Ground” match is contested when a champion fights in a non-title contest. The match is one fall to a finish with a set time limit, and should the challenger defeat the champion or go the time limit, than the challenger will receive a future title match within approximately 60 days. This specific bought has a 20 minute time limit and will give Strong the opportunity to become a Triple Crown Champion if he is able to earn a title match.
– “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards and “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett have both officially signed for “Glory by Honor X” on November 19th from the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL. Tickets for this huge event are available here!
– In other “GBH X” news, signed earlier today: The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks! It’s been two years since “Glory by Honor VIII” when they last met in ROH where The Jackson brothers handed Jay & Mark a loss. Will history repeat itself in Chicago? Or will Dem Boys continue to show why they are the baddest tag team on the planet?
– ROH World Champion Davey Richards is one busy individual and is extremely excited about his upcoming matches for ROH in the month of November. “I can’t wait to compete near my hometown in a couple weeks with Eddie against ANX for the first time.” explained Richards. “It’s a big month for me, I’ll be competing for New Japan from November 10th through December 5th, but in the middle of the tour I will fly back to the USA to wrestle with Jay Lethal against Haas and Benjamin and I will defend my championship in Chicago against El Generico. I look forward to wrestling El Generico as he is one of, if not the most resilient wrestler on the roster and is sure to put up a huge challenge. He is unorthodox and combines speed and skill wrapped up with charisma and huge fan popularity. I love this challenge and I live for this challenge.” Richards is not only ROH World Champion but he is also one half of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions with partner Rocky Romero.
– Episode five of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is now available for GA members here on ROHWrestling.com to watch FREE of charge! Jay Lethal defends his ROH Television title against “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett, TJ Perkins faces Mike Mondo, and much more! Remember if you are a Ringside Member you are able to access the show on the Monday after it airs. All of the information on how you can become a Ringside Member is available here.
– This week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling”, the All Night Express continue their feud with the Briscoe Brothers, Tommaso Ciampa with Prince Nana will face Alex Silva, Truth Martini leads Roderick Strong into action against Kyle O’Reilly, and much more!
– Delirious has come out of seclusion and will return to Ring Of Honor in Collinsville, IL on Sunday afternoon, November 6th! Delirious will face the undefeated “Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa who will be accompanied by The Embassy in the final match to be announced for this stacked card. This is an afternoon that you don’t want to miss! Tickets for this event can be found right here (https://www.rohwrestling.com/product/collinsville-il-november-6th).
– Just signed moments ago! Jay and Mark Briscoe will face Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander in tag team action at the next set of Ring of Honor TV Tapings on Saturday, November 5th at the Davis Arena in Louisville, KY. This is the first time these teams have squared off and, although very new to ROH, Coleman and Alexander have been very impressive and shown that they have a place in the ROH tag team division. Hurry and order tickets here because seating is limited.
– Speaking of the Briscoe Brothers, ROH officials have signed Jay and Mark Briscoe for our “Battle in the Carolina’s” weekend on 12/3 and 12/4. On Saturday, December 3rd we will debut at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium (385 N. Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303) with a 7:30 PM belltime. On Sunday, December 4th we will present a special matinee event at the Greensboro Coliseum Event Center (1921 W. Lee Street, Greensboro, NC 27403) with a 4:00 pm belltime. Tickets for both events are available at Tickemaster.
– Tickets for the Ring of Honor debut event in Norfolk, VA at the Scope Arena (Expo Hall) will go on sale Friday, November 18th at 10 AM EST also at www.ticketmaster.com. We will be holding a special pre-sale event for Ringside Members starting on Wednesday, November 16th at 10 AM. If you’re not already a Ringside Member you can join today for as low as $7.99 a month. Click for details.
– The field of competitors for “Survival of the Fittest 2011” have all been announced and we will begin to announce qualifying matches next week at ROHwrestling.com. This might be the most unpredictable “Survival of the Fittest” of all time and this year there will be 5 different qualifying matches. There will be three singles matches, one 4-Way match, and one tag team contest with 6 of athletes surviving to the finals. Dayton fans are in store for a historic event and to show the appreciation that the fans in Dayton deserve on November 18th you can expect a special meet & greet autograph signing with many of the top ROH athletes prior to the event. Get your tickets for ROH’s highly anticipated return to The Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Dayton right here.
– Only a few spots left for the next Ring of Honor Training/Try Out Seminar that will take place over the course of two days on November 12th & 13th. This is a great opportunity to learn every aspect of pro wrestling from people who truly care and are passionate about this sport. Interested wrestlers will get the opportunity to show what they’ve got in front of ROH management & wrestlers such as ROH World Tag Champion Charlie Haas, ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, Delirious, and more! All of our past camps have been highly successful and has produced a few of the ROH wrestlers that you see today. For all the details check here!
– Check back later today for details on our “Halloween Weekend” sale. Information on the sale will be posted later today and it will officially start tonight at midnight.