Indy News Update #4 for February 15, 2012
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Shannon Rose sent this in.
Countdown to NWA Ring Warriors’ Battle of the Belts: An ECW Original to Appear
(Fort Lauderdale, FL) — NWA Ring Warriors announced today that Stevie Richards, an original ECW competitor, will appear on the March 29th “Battle of the Belts” card in Fort Lauderdale, which kicks off Mania weekend.
The crafty veteran, who made a name for himself competing for Extreme Championship Wrestling during its heyday, and who actually wrestled in the first ever ECW match back in 1992, will face current TNA World Television Champion Robbie E. in what is being billed as a non-title match.
Richards was part of ECW’s popular Blue World Order (bWo) – a parody of World Championship Wrestling’s New World Order – and had successful runs with both WCW (as part of Raven’s Flock) and WWE (as part of Right to Censor, Stevie Night Heat and other groups). Richards appeared on international television as recently as late 2011 when he was part of TNA Impact.
The Stevie Richards/Robbie E. match will be part of a nine match all-star card that includes:
NWA World Heavyweight Champion “Scrap Iron” Adam Pearce defending the title against a handpicked Ring of Honor Challenger by Jim Cornette, who will be on hand.
The Dark City Fight Club (Jon Davis & Kory Chavis) putting the NWA World Tag Team Titles on the line in a three-way dance against former WWE and NWA World Tag Team Champs the Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher) and The Red Devil Fight Team (Mikhail Ivanov & Aleksander Chekov), managed by Brett Adams and accompanied by “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff.
The Tokyo Monster Kahagas taking on the NWA National Heavyweight Champion “The Dark Child” Chance Prophet inside a steel cage.
The 7-foot 315-pound Giant Titan squaring off with “The Marquee” Bruce Santee in the final round of the NWA Ring Warriors Grand Championship Tournament.
Former TNA stars Jesse Neal & “the Toxic Knockout” Christina Von Eerie meeting Chasyn Rance & Santana Garrett in a mixed tag team match with WWE Hall of Famer Tammy “Sunny” Sytch as a special referee.
And “Bad Ass” Billy Gunn taking on Vordell Walker in a Grudge Match.
There will be four title matches on the card and more than 30 superstars participating. “Battle of the Belts” takes place at the National Guard Armory, 400 State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale.
For tickets visit http://www.facebook.com/ringwarriors?sk=app_4949752878
Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako sent this in.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for February 14th.
– Our 10th Anniversary is approaching on Sunday afternoon, March 4th from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City and you can witness history for only $9.99 on iPPV! Announced yesterday, it will be “Young Wolves Rising” as ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O’Reilly battle “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards & Adam Cole! Throughout Ring of Honor’s 10 year history we have always allowed the amazing ROH wrestlers the opportunity to shine and give it their all! Many athletes have started at the bottom and risen to the top based on hunger, skill, and passion. The main event at the 10th Anniversary symbolizes the present and the future of wrestling…exactly what ROH is all about…Young Wolves Rising! Get your tickets right here!!
– Speaking of young wrestlers on the rise, announced yesterday this Friday night in Cincinnati will see four outside teams competing in a one night, single elimination tournament with the winner earning a future Proving Ground match against the ROH World Tag Team Champions! Each team selected is foreign to consistent ROH competition and not on the current ROH roster; however each team has been scouted based on ability and tag team wrestling prowess. It will be the Rise & Prove Tag Tournament!
– Also, just signed for our Cincinnati debut is Mike Mondo vs. Samson Walker! And don’t forget about the special Meet & Greet Autograph Signing with both the 7-Time ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe AND ROH’s only Triple Crown Champion “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards! Special 8×10 photos will be available for purchase that night. If you live in Ohio remember that you can catch “Ring of Honor Wrestling” every Saturday at 10PM & Sunday at 12AM on the local Cincinnati affiliate, WSTR My-64! Tickets for our debut THIS Friday at the Cincinnati Masonic Center can be purchased here.
– It’s “Tuesday Reload” and that means new merchandise in the ROH Store! Last week we brought you “Kevin Steen: Ascension to the Top” and this week it’s all about “Final Battle 2011”!!! This special 2-Disc DVD set contains the complete iPPV broadcast as well as special bonus material including “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV footage for the first time ever on DVD! Richards/Edwards III, WGTT vs. Briscoes, Steen vs. Corino, and a whole lot more can be yours now! Just click here to place your order now!
– From now until Wednesday at midnight, ROHWrestling.com is running a special Valentine’s Day sale for our great fans! Save on Women’s apparel, Combo Packs, and all in-stock 2009/2010 Ring of Honor DVDs! For all the details on this sale click here, and make sure you take advantage while you still can! And don’t forget, all Ringside Members save an additional 15% on top of the sale discount. For more info on that click right here to see all the benefits Ringside Membership entails.
– Just signed for the “10th Anniversary Event”, it will be ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal defending his title against the unbeaten “Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa! Lethal has turned back the challenges of El Generico and Mike Bennett in recent months, as well as multiple Proving Ground opponents, but Ciampa comes at him with momentum unlike any others. Can Lethal be the first man in ROH to beat The Embassy’s main man?
– On Sunday afternoon April 29th, Ring of Honor Wrestling makes its return to Dayton, OH, and for the first time, we will make our mark on the historic Hara Arena! Tickets for our Dayton return will go on sale starting this Thursday at 10AM on ROHWrestling.com for Ringside Members and then to the General Public at 10AM Saturday morning. And if you’re in attendance at our Cincinnati debut this Friday night, you also will have your chance to get tickets before they officially go on sale! Dayton has always done good by Ring of Honor and you can rest assured we will do good by you when we come back on Sunday April 29th! It’s only one night after our huge “Synergy” event in Chicago, so you can bet that the repercussions will be felt in Dayton. Don’t miss out as ROH returns to Dayton!
– Check out the latest “Decade of Honor”, with a look at the historic “Final Battle 2004”, available here.
– “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen is an extremely polarizing figure and his supporters are very vocal. Steen has made it well known since his reinstatement that his number one goal is the ROH World Championship. In response to not only Steen himself but those who have been asking when Steen will receive a shot at the ROH World Championship, we have been told by ROH officials, that “Mr. Steen will have to accumulate the proper amount of credible wins to even be in consideration”.
– Rhett Titus is eager to return to action, not only get revenge on the Young Bucks but to also achieve ROH gold. “We are Buck hunters on a pursuit for gold” stated Titus, “I will be cleared by New York and ROH officials need to plan on me and Kenny being there. We have a lot to get done…we have a check list…Bucks, Gold, and Dominance! I know da boys with the gold are tied up with the bitches we need to punish so we want the next best thing.”
– This latest edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is NOW available for immediate viewing to all Ringside Members right here! ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe go at it against The House of Truth’s Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin. No belts are on the line, no Proving Ground here, this one is all about the money! Each team is putting up $5,000 of their own money! Also, it’s been building since before “Final Battle 2011”, and now Eddie Edwards & Kyle O’Reilly will go one-on-one inside the squared circle. They share a common bond in Davey Richards, but that bond is also what’s at the center of their issues. Which man will get his hand raised in victory in the end? Also Mike Mondo will be in action, and a whole lot more goes down this week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling”.