Indy News Update #1 for March 6, 2012
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
ECWA Pro Wrestling sent this in.
East Coast Wrestling Association, Newark , DE
March 3, 2012 Results
1. Shane Strickland defeated Alex Payne [7:14]
2. Bandido Jr. andAzrieal defeated The Magnum Modeling Agency, Dan ny E and Ricky “The Model” Martinez (with Gus Grand )[8:13]
3. Shazza McKenzie pinned Kylie Pierce [6:21]
4. “Greatest American Hero” Corey Blaze defeated Kid U-S-A [3:33]
5. Alex Reynolds defeated Tony Nese [17:12]
6. “The Sensei” Paul Lopresti battled Mr. Ooh La La (with”Coach” Jim Shorts ) to a no-contest in a Martial Arts Challenge and Exhibition, then won an impromptu wrestling match
7. Fusion-DS defeated ECWA Tag Champions The Midnight Sensations [12:10] to win the titles and become 2-time champions
8. Team Black Heart (Bobby Shields, Breaker Morant , and Josh Dan iels, with Joel “Blackhart” Goodhart) defeated Team ECWA ( Chris Wylde , Kekoa The Flyin Hawaiian, and AHTU) [13:10] in a no-disqualification match
9. ECWA Heavyweight Champion “The Greek God” Papadon pinned Johnny Silver (with Alex Reynolds) [31:10] to retain his title.(03/03/2012)
FUNDRAISER for the YMCA of Salem County !
East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA) LIVE!
Sat, Mar 10th, 2012
YMCA of Salem County
204 Shell Road
Carney’s Point, NJ 08069
(Just 15 miles from Newark , DE !!!)
Doors Open: 6:00 PM
Bell Time: 7:00 PM
All ECWA events are FAMILY FRIENDLY!
TICKETS AVAILABLE IN ADVANCE, VIA PAY PAL & AT THE DOOR
For info and reserved seating call (609) 220-5598
or e-mail at: email@example.com
Tickets and Outlets:
Advance tickets are $12 adult and $8 kids 12 & under; tickets at the door are $15 adult and $10 kids 12 and under.
Scheduled to appear (card subject to change)…
1-ECWA Heavyweight Title Match
“Greek God” Papadon (c) vs. ECWA Grand Slam Champion Aden Chambers
2-TWA Heavyweight Title Match
Breaker Morant (c) w/ Joel Blackhart vs. AHTU
3-BATTLE of ECWA CROWD FAVORITES-
ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title Match
Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian (c) vs. #1 Johnny Silver
4-ECWA Unified Tag Team Title Match
TEXAS TORNADO MATCH RULES – ALL FOUR MEN IN RING – NO TAGS!!!
“FUSION DS” Damian Dragon & Matt Saigon (c) vs. “Midnight Sensations” Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields
5-SPECIAL ATTRACTION – SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
ALL MONEY I$ LEGAL & SHOCKWAVE the ROBOT vs. Dan ny E & Ricky “the Model” Martinez w/ Magnum & Gus Grand & Mr. Ooh La La w/ Coach Jim Shorts
6-“Heart Killer” Chris Wylde vs. CUJO the Hellhound
7-Women’s Match- Aida Marie vs. Jessie Kaye
Card subject to change.
ECWA WEB PAGE:
ECWA FACE BOOK FAN PAGE:
Support PWI Magazine at http://www.pwi-online.com/
Get all your wrestling news from our friends at http://ecwaprowrestling.com/ecwa/friends/
David Nell sent this in.
– The first round of the King of Africa 2012 tournament begins on 17 March at President Square in Krugersdorp and will comprise of quarter-final bouts between the following 8 wrestlers, as announced last week: Terri Middoux (France), Joe Dozer (Nigeria), El Mascarado Mexicano (Mexico), Zizou Middoux (France), Vic Scar (South Africa), Kilimanjaro (Nigeria), Afrika (South Africa) and Ananzi (South Africa). Terri Middoux, Joe Dozer and Ananzi are the only competitors who have been in this type of environment before, while the others are entering this tournament for the first time. Last year, “The French Monster” Terri Middoux outwitted the former APWA Heavyweight Champion and Nigerian Powerhouse Joe “Bull” Dozer in controversial fashion to become the first-ever King of Africa. This year, the players are bigger, faster, rougher and more adept, meaning Terri Middoux’s position on the KoA throne could be in serious jeopardy. And with finalist Joe Dozer re-entering the warzone, Dozer certainly wants to choke the life out of his former King of Africa opponent for bringing the trademark spike into play and stealing his destiny.
Also expected to re-enter the tournament is Ananzi, who was forced out of action for a year due to a life-threatening injury and will be facing Terri Middoux on April 1st. Ananzi made it to the semi-finals in 2011 but was ousted by Middoux. In the event that Ananzi VS Terri Middoux becomes a possible quarter-final match on 17 March, will history repeat itself? When Ananzi enters the King of Africa fray once again, will his comeback be in vain, or can he summon enough fighting spirit to shake off the effects of all past injuries and return to top form?
Among the new entrees is the reigning APWA Heavyweight Champion El Mascarado Mexicano. Dynamic, exciting, quite arguably the best pro wrestling athlete in South Africa right now, Mascarado solidified his place in rofstoei history when he upset Johnny Sabin in December 2011 to become the 5th APWA Heavyweight Champion. Having only debuted in APWA less than a year ago, Mascarado’s title victory shocked everyone and impacted the record books. Taking into consideration his pure ability and success, El Mascarado is a serious bet for next King of Africa. “The Masked Crusader” did it before – can he do it again?
The highly athletic and outrageous “Club Sensation” Zizou Middoux, the current 2-time PTW World Heavyweight Champion, will be debuting in the King of Africa tournament and is another competitor seeking revenge on Terri Middoux. Except, this revenge is far more personal. The intensely-raging feud between the former father-and-son team has been hailed as the most brutal in APWA history; indeed, the family war continues, with no end in sight! Can 19-year-old Zizou Middoux “Northern Lights” his way to King of Africa glory?
The rebellious, carefree Vic Scar is a punk bruiser on a mission to kick ass, and when he enters the King of Africa tournament, you can be sure that bodies will be strewn. Scar has the King of Africa crown as his first priority, but his second priority is to gain vengeful leverage over rivals El Mascarado Mexicano and Zizou Middoux. Scar last battled Mascarado tooth-and-nail at the 4th Anniversary show in a match that was called one of the greatest in APWA history. Despite losing the match – including his hair – Scar proved that he deserves to be the APWA Heavyweight Champion. On 17 March, the path to the King of Africa crown could be his to forge.
The underdog coming into this tournament is certainly the proud tribal warrior Afrika, who has never won a championship in his career or made it to the main event level in APWA yet. Despite his lack of success in competition, Afrika is one of the most devoted, resilient and undermined competitors, and this, ironically, is his advantage, as opponents tend to not take him seriously before being one-upped by the fan favourite from Mpumalanga. Could Afrika’s first venture into King of Africa territory be an upset of the century?
The biggest dog in the fight next to Joe Dozer, the 6’5 “Man Mountain” Kilimanjaro, a former WWP Tag Team Champion and former WWP All-Africa Heavyweight Champion, is another Nigerian brickhouse in it to win it. This fearsome madman has caused grown men to quiver in their boots, going so far as to bite opponents during battle – as if his back-breaking, jaw-shattering assault isn’t enough. This being his first King of Africa entry, Kilimanjaro has promised to do his homeland proud, and especially to leave no opponent unscathed.
APWA KING OF AFRICA ROUND 1
Date: 17 March 2012
Venue: President Square Shopping Centre, 177 Paardekraal, Krugersdorp, Gauteng, South Africa
Entrance Fee: FREE!
More Info: Contact Kobus at 082 269 8325
View the promo video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgqfNc3pOro
– Ananzi’s highly-awaited comeback to the ring will continue on 1 April at the Danie van Zyl Recreation Centre, and for that reason the event has been simply dubbed “The Return”. One year has passed since his last official bout on 25 March 2011, where he teamed with former Deadly Alliance stablemate “Bullet Proof” Ryan Cage against the now-defunct French Connection consisting of Terri Middoux and Zizou Middoux. Three subsequent spinal operations seemed to indicate a definitive end to Ananzi’s amazing ten-year career, but his refusal to quit and his passion for pro wrestling had given life to a career that appeared dead on the surface. Ananzi has been medically cleared to wrestle, and on 1 April he intends to deliver a sword of vengeance upon the tyrannical Terri Middoux, who has been teasing Ananzi to come out of retirement since he unleashed a spike-assisted bloodfest at the Rhino Rally last October. Ananzi VS Terri Middoux on 1 April at Danie van Zyl Recreation Centre – it will be South Africa VS France as two worlds collide!
APWA THE RETURN
Date: 1 April 2012
Venue: Danie van Zyl Recreation Centre, Cnr. Rex & Plantation Street, Claremont/Newlands, Johannesburg, South Africa
Entrance Fee: R20 (under 5-year-olds free)
Time: 14:00 (2pm)
More Info: Contact Kobus at 082 269 8325
View the promo video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG9Get1qaoo
– The original mentor and trainer of APWA Heavyweight Champion El Mascarado Mexicano, Zyx Qrav, has returned to South Africa, as this past weekend he competed against APWA’s Jay Austin at an SAPW show in Brakpan. Hailing from Mexico, Zyx Qrav was last seen in APWA in 2009, when he lost to bodybuilding star Insane Wayne in a special, once-off challenge spurred on by personal heat. Zyx Qrav’s return to Mzansi raises many questions. Mascarado seemed to welcome the appearance, but is there something lingering in the past we are not yet aware of? On April 1st at Danie van Zyl Recreation Centre, will fans be witness to a reunion, or a Mexican standoff?
Visit APWA online: