Arda Ocal sent this in:
Just wanted to pass this along in case you wanted to use some of the news items / interviews.
1) On the “Right After Wrestling” program, Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas cleared up the news circulating about the WWE banning the knife edge chop. Korderas explained that the move has actually been banned for years, back to when Ric Flair was still with the company. Only Flair and Shawn Michaels were allowed to use a knife edged chop – in fact at many events they would post “no chops!” signs at the gorilla position.
You can hear that conversation in the latest Right After Wrestling podcast: http://hardcoresportsradio.com/content/media/podcasts/1ad87cb9-3650-4624-ba9e-2c2412f0e632.mp3
2) In his first interview since his release from the WWE on May 21, Carlito joined Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas on Right After Wrestling and talked candidly about a variety of topics, including:
– Speaking about his WWE release, how the WWE wanted him to go to rehab and he was resistant
– For the last 3 years of his tenure, wanting to find ways to get released, also being a delicate time where he would lash out at people for no reason
– Many of his issues with losing his passion and unhappiness stemming from working face (feeling he’s a much better heel) and backstage politics, spoken about in detail
– What advice his father, famous pro wrestler Carlos Colon Sr. gave him through this time
– Whose idea it was to have his hair long and to spit the apple in people’s faces
– Does he have passion for pro wrestling again?
– Talking about the infamous Ric Flair promo on RAW, did he feel it was a rib on him?
Interview available here on the Right After Wrestling podcast: http://hardcoresportsradio.com/content/media/podcasts/1ad87cb9-3650-4624-ba9e-2c2412f0e632.mp3
3) Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas caught up with Booker T. Highlights include:
– He is in the process of writing a book, scheduled for a 2012 release
– His wife Sharmell is due any time now with twins, one boy and one girl
– Talking about the `spinaroonie` contests and who has the best version (after him of course)
– His golf game and having a passion for the sport
– Acting and voice over work, wanting to voice his own cartoon (`That passion is probably where GI Bro came from)
– At which point in his career he had the most fun
– His future: does he want to make it back to a big promotion after 16 years at the top level
RIGHT AFTER WRESTLING
With Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas
Mondays, 11:05pm – midnight EST
SIRIUS Radio 98
Listen online live for free: www.hardcoresportsradio.com